Reviews for Thorongil

I Lirilla Lehtalëo

I. Sindacollo Lestanóressë.

Aran eänë yáressë
nó Atani vantaner cemenessë
túrerya né ortaina hróto lumbulë,
márya né or tumbo ar taurë.
Lassiva rierya, laiqua collarya
telpië ehtaryar andë ar aicë,
i silmë turmaryassë né mapaina
nó Isil né carna var Anar né ostaina.

Aparéssën, írë i hrestanna
Endoressë Valinórello
i Eldarimbë arwa valanen entullë,
ar tulwi viller ar calmar uryaner,
írë arani Eldamaro lendë ara
arwa tuo ohto, nu i menel
san telpië rombaryar súyanër
írë Anar né nessa ar Isil né vinya.
Palan san Valariandessë
Lestanorëo pelda nóressë,
Aran Sindacollo harnë tirna mahalmassë
lintarmië sarna rondossen:
tanomë hyellemíre, marilla, ar malwa mirilondo,
ar cantaina tinco ve helma lingwion,
turma ar (corslet?), pelecco ar macil,
ar sílala ehter ner panyaina hahtassë:
ilyë sinë haryanéro ar nontero pitya,
an melda ilyë harmar mardessë pella,
ar vanime yeldi Atanion pella,
haryanéro yeldë, Luhtiénë.

Luhtiénëo I Melda

Telqui tyelce ve tane úvar yure ata
i laiqua cemenessë nu Anar;
vendë vanima ve ta úva ëa ata
árallo lómenna, Anarello Ëarenna
Vaimarya né luine ve fanyarë lairessë,
nan sinde ve sinyë ner hendiryat
collarya lanyaina vanimë indilinen,
nan morna ve huinë ner findesserya.
Táleryat ner larcë ve aiwë rámanen,
lalalerya valin ve i tuilë;
i nindë tasarë, i cawala fen,
i lisse-holme lohtala nandava,
i cala lassessen aldaron,
i óma nenwa, sine pella
vanimerya né ar almierya,
alcarya ar melimierya.

Hannon-le for writing this story!
InuyashaSesshoma chapter 10 . 9/27/2013
It's finished? *Pouts* Noooooooooooooooo!
GREAT story!
IstariPip chapter 8 . 6/15/2013
I think this is the best chapter of this story. I especially like how you referenced Aragorn forseeing Boromir's death and how Ecthelion does not know for sure whether Aragorn is the Heir of Elendil. You have show Aragorn, Ecthelion, and Denethor all as good honest men. Many other fics for this period show Denethor being overly nasty and prideful and show Ecthelion ignoring his son. Very Well Done!
Hannon-le!
gginsc chapter 10 . 6/21/2011
Lovely job! I truly enjoyed this tale.
trustingfrndshp chapter 10 . 8/31/2010
Just finished re-reading and enjoying this-thanks for still sharing it!
walks chapter 10 . 8/14/2010
i really liked the whole story. 2 comments:

- the link for the quenya translation of the lay of luthien can be found at: .

- the realm of celeborn and galadriel is lothlorien. the coty is caras galadhon.
LisaG16 chapter 10 . 1/18/2010
Great story! I want more! :) All you characterization were perfect...a really interesting look at Aragorn's wanderings over the years before his journey with the ring.
Ivy3 chapter 10 . 11/21/2008
I really liked this fic. You've really captured the essence of Middle Earth and these characters and brought to life the ones we hardly know.
Ciaran Cosgrove chapter 10 . 4/3/2008
Loved it. Brilliant! No need for improvement whatsoever.
the lycans chapter 10 . 1/9/2007
my heart overflows with joy

finally i find something worth reading
sielge chapter 10 . 8/23/2006
Great story!
Imaginigma chapter 10 . 12/28/2005
Suilad!

Some days ago I found this fic, stored it to my computer and just finished it today.

Well, normally I am not hunting down the stories again, but this time I just had to.

This story is wonderful. Not in the sense one might normally use the word, but the story is very well written, intense, emotional, mystical and has hooked me from the beginning.

Although there is not much action in it, I think in perfectly describes the way it could have been.

Aragorns journey through Rohan, his years in Minas Tirith, the fight with the Corsairs in Umbar, his travels to Mordor and Rhun and finally, his visit to Lothlorien.

His relationship with the great of that time, Thengel, Echtilon, Denethor...perfect.

I like the way you show Aragorns need to keep his identity a secret. We all know that he never revealed who he was during that time, but this fic gives a good insight in the "how it might have been".

I especially like the last sentece of this story. :o)

Well, it is late and I have no more time and energy today for a more insightful review, but please rest assured that I *love* this fic very much. It gave me some hours of wonderful reading and I am glad that I found it (although I do not know how I found it :o)).

Imaginigma :o)
Team Sherlock and Watson chapter 10 . 12/20/2005
This was a interesting and good story. And baby Boromir, aw! Also I thought it was good how you portrayed Denethor. Bravo!
Thorongirl chapter 1 . 6/22/2005
While looking through some of the older fics this morning I found your story and I must tell you that it is marvelous. I love good Thorongil stories but they are somewhat difficult to find. Great writing on your part here. I added this to my Favorite stories list.
Inferno of Ashes chapter 1 . 4/10/2005
You said "Saruman's spies", but it is clearly stated in 'THe Lord of the Rings' that Gandlaf did not know of Saruman's treachery until the White Wizard imprisoned him. Did you mean 'Sauron', or just forget that detail?

THis is in no way a flame - merely construtive criticism.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »