Reviews for A New Life
Dapet chapter 20 . 12/10/2015
I love this story. Very realistic scenario. Anxious for the epilogue to complete it
arty60 chapter 20 . 10/20/2015
Nice ending!
KlingonKitten chapter 20 . 10/11/2015
As usual, an excellent story. And a different take on Diego's relationship with his father. I do like how you both had Diego stand up for himself and get out from under his father's shadow without revealing to all that he was Zorro and yet in time re-build the relationship between father and son. You were also successful in bringing Felipe fully into adulthood without "on air" drama. Bravo!
La Cuidadora chapter 20 . 10/6/2015
Really like how you turned this incredibly sad premise into joy and happiness for the good guys and gal. Excellent story!
mmkbrook chapter 20 . 10/5/2015
Great story. My heart goes out to Felipe, and understand his want to become a vet. To be honest what I see sometimes also makes me want to be with animals rather than humans.
mjf2468 chapter 20 . 10/5/2015
Oh what a nice ending! So warm and fuzzy, Alejandro with his family. Poor Felipe. He really did grow up into a fine young man. Thank you so very much for finishing this story. I know it was a struggle but well worth it! It is certainly different than a lot of other stories and that's why I liked it and so desperately wanted it finished. Yay! Great job !
LaCorelli chapter 20 . 10/5/2015
I'm glad to finally find out what happened with Felipe, and his choice to become a veterinarian actually seems to fit him, though I hate that it was choice made out of disillusionment and anger. I'm also glad that Felipe had too much respect for women to just do what was expected (I really, really hate that double standard so very much). But I also appreciated Diego trying to help him put things in perspective and to not let the behaviors of a few make him look at the entire world through a dark lens. And I'm also happy that Victoria made it safely through child birth and all was well with the new arrivals. Excellent chapter.
arty60 chapter 19 . 10/1/2015
Glad Desoto is gone! Hoping for a happy ending!
mjf2468 chapter 19 . 10/1/2015
WOW! What a couple of twists! Really liked them. I thought Diego was a goner. Amazonian? Interesting. Reminds me of the movie "9 to 5". And Alejandro's refusal unless Zorro was pardoned. Makes sense...wonder why we've not seen that before. Great job!
DietMJ chapter 19 . 10/1/2015
Nicely done! Poor de Soto. You would think he'd more concerned about dying in the Amazon rather than the lack of culture there. I love how you had hom catch a glimpse of the real Zorro mounting Toranodo. Victoria will be so relieved
mmkbrook chapter 19 . 10/1/2015
A fantastic chapter ending. Everyone is happy but de Soto who we all hope likes humidity, snakes, and the other vicissitudes available in his new deployment.
LaCorelli chapter 19 . 10/1/2015
That was a very appropriate punishment for De Soto for his cowardice, and Don Alejandro is the perfect choice to replace him as alcalde, and good for him, getting Zorro pardoned. Excellent chapter.
lbindner chapter 8 . 9/30/2015
This is the saddest story I've ever read. How have you written these 8 chapters without dissolving into a bundle of tears? Very fine writing, and good characterization! Now I'm so depressed (please take that as a compliment!)
mjf2468 chapter 18 . 9/29/2015
YAY! It did make my busy day when I saw you'd updated. So exciting! And scary. Like Victoria says, Bellanos is too smart for his own good. So well -written...I've missed your stories. Poor Mendoza! Oh...I reread the previous chapter again and I realized how easily it could fit into canon. Love it!
La Cuidadora chapter 18 . 9/29/2015
Glad to see this story is back, and that you've found solutions for your block.

Bellanos is getting right to the heart of the matter very quickly. Hopefully he'll be more interested in the truth of what happened than Zorro's identity.

Mendoza finally seeing the truth is painful. It will be interesting to see how it affects him as events unfold.

Victoria's illness must be hard on Diego, Victoria and Alejandro. In addition to worries about Victoria and the baby, it must be bringing up memories of Diego's mother's death (if she died in childbirth in this story).

Thank you for continuing this story. Any way you would share your projected posting schedule so we know how often to expect an update?