Reviews for A New Life
La Cuidadora chapter 20 . 10/6
Really like how you turned this incredibly sad premise into joy and happiness for the good guys and gal. Excellent story!
mmkbrook chapter 20 . 10/5
Great story. My heart goes out to Felipe, and understand his want to become a vet. To be honest what I see sometimes also makes me want to be with animals rather than humans.
mjf2468 chapter 20 . 10/5
Oh what a nice ending! So warm and fuzzy, Alejandro with his family. Poor Felipe. He really did grow up into a fine young man. Thank you so very much for finishing this story. I know it was a struggle but well worth it! It is certainly different than a lot of other stories and that's why I liked it and so desperately wanted it finished. Yay! Great job !
LaCorelli chapter 20 . 10/5
I'm glad to finally find out what happened with Felipe, and his choice to become a veterinarian actually seems to fit him, though I hate that it was choice made out of disillusionment and anger. I'm also glad that Felipe had too much respect for women to just do what was expected (I really, really hate that double standard so very much). But I also appreciated Diego trying to help him put things in perspective and to not let the behaviors of a few make him look at the entire world through a dark lens. And I'm also happy that Victoria made it safely through child birth and all was well with the new arrivals. Excellent chapter.
arty60 chapter 19 . 10/1
Glad Desoto is gone! Hoping for a happy ending!
mjf2468 chapter 19 . 10/1
WOW! What a couple of twists! Really liked them. I thought Diego was a goner. Amazonian? Interesting. Reminds me of the movie "9 to 5". And Alejandro's refusal unless Zorro was pardoned. Makes sense...wonder why we've not seen that before. Great job!
DietMJ chapter 19 . 10/1
Nicely done! Poor de Soto. You would think he'd more concerned about dying in the Amazon rather than the lack of culture there. I love how you had hom catch a glimpse of the real Zorro mounting Toranodo. Victoria will be so relieved
mmkbrook chapter 19 . 10/1
A fantastic chapter ending. Everyone is happy but de Soto who we all hope likes humidity, snakes, and the other vicissitudes available in his new deployment.
LaCorelli chapter 19 . 10/1
That was a very appropriate punishment for De Soto for his cowardice, and Don Alejandro is the perfect choice to replace him as alcalde, and good for him, getting Zorro pardoned. Excellent chapter.
lbindner chapter 8 . 9/30
This is the saddest story I've ever read. How have you written these 8 chapters without dissolving into a bundle of tears? Very fine writing, and good characterization! Now I'm so depressed (please take that as a compliment!)
mjf2468 chapter 18 . 9/29
YAY! It did make my busy day when I saw you'd updated. So exciting! And scary. Like Victoria says, Bellanos is too smart for his own good. So well -written...I've missed your stories. Poor Mendoza! Oh...I reread the previous chapter again and I realized how easily it could fit into canon. Love it!
La Cuidadora chapter 18 . 9/29
Glad to see this story is back, and that you've found solutions for your block.

Bellanos is getting right to the heart of the matter very quickly. Hopefully he'll be more interested in the truth of what happened than Zorro's identity.

Mendoza finally seeing the truth is painful. It will be interesting to see how it affects him as events unfold.

Victoria's illness must be hard on Diego, Victoria and Alejandro. In addition to worries about Victoria and the baby, it must be bringing up memories of Diego's mother's death (if she died in childbirth in this story).

Thank you for continuing this story. Any way you would share your projected posting schedule so we know how often to expect an update?
DietMJ chapter 18 . 9/29
Thanks to Wolfdaughter! Sounds like the end is very near. I'd like to go back and read it again once it's done. Things don't look good for de Soto. Poor Mendoza!
Marieke chapter 18 . 9/29
Well done! I always love your stories
LaCorelli chapter 18 . 9/28
I'm so happy to see a new chapter at last, as I think this was the first Zorro story that inspired me to write a review, as it was so intriguing. Anyway, as for this chapter, Bellanos is certainly no slouch, and very perspicacious, enough to make me worried for Diego. And poor Mendoza having to face the fact that De Soto is a coward and murderer who would have left him to die horribly after it was his saving De Soto's life that put him in danger to begin with. And I hope that Victoria is going to be all right, this stress can't be good for her and the baby. And I look forward to seeing how this ends.