Reviews for Stand By You
zagger97 chapter 1 . 4/6/2014
You have just saved the ending of a book my friend. It literally hurt to read the ending of apocalypse, (Impale myself upon my lightsaber hurt) But I would take this ending over Troy Dennings' any day. I would love to see more of what you have.

The book Apocalypse Ignored too many thing about Ves to justify the ending in anyway...
They spent the entire series building her character, only to knock it down in the end. Now I know that this isn't the end for Ben and Ves, and I know the she is eventually redeemed, but it is far, far too late.

This ending better told the moral value and true actions of what Ben would have done then it did in Apocalypse.

Now, Denning didn't want this to be another Mara jade and Luke story, and I get that, but you cant spend an entire series dangling the hope and promise of redemption, then rip it away in the last chapter of the book!
It is not fair to the reader, we wanted a happy ending!

And that is why I think that this ending surpassed the ending of Apocalypse three-fold.

Congratulations, You did good!
imperator277 chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update this story! I want to see Ben defend Ves. I was sad the way it ended in Apocalypse. The only person who got a happy ending was Jaina who married Jag and the Jedi still getting screwed over. Please update. Will dance for update. *dancing*
Emperor Andross chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
I suspect, and this is only MY opinion, that it originally ended something like what you describe here, and that it was changed for the purpose keeping the waters clear for a follow up story including Vestara as a potential threat. Perhaps mirroring Luke and Mara's relationship a bit? Anyway, short but well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
This is amazing, someone who shares my thoughts on the ending of Apocalypse.
Onimiman chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
You know, had Vestara been accepted, it would just be too redundant and just make the Jedi look stupid; even Ben would look like a moron.
Abby Milner chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
I agree i was SO mad that Vestara left, and your right if Luke can forgive his father for all he did, then why can't he forgive Vestara?
Jocasta Silver chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Agreed. I like that Ben gets her to see that she is a good person, and so what if she is a little gray-aligned. Kyp Durron killed billions of beings with Sun Crusher, and did they treat him like an utter pariah? Anyways, I love your ending to the series, because it is much better then the supposed "canon" ending.
Electricboa chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Yes, I very much would have rather had her tell Ben herself, but I'm still hoping that future books will eventually bring them back together, one can always hope.

But it does make you wonder how things would have happened if Ben and Vestara had drunk instead, how things would have changed.
stormwolf3710 chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
there are alot of times in storys or shows where if 2 ppl just set down an talked alot of trouble could of been avoided
Tavae Themisal chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
We also have to remember the times that other characters have been decidedly oblivious to things going on. It seems almost every author has done it. Tho I haven't had the pleasure of reading the book yet, I hope they aren't being as stupis as you make them out to be. If they are the Author shoud probably be summarily exicuted. However, in the author's defense; did Rowdy give this piece of Info to Jysella alone? If so how do we know that she did not keep this bit of info to herself considering she knew Ves was a Sith?

I know if I were Leia, I wouldn't forgive her very easily. Shoot how many of her family have died. Allana is her first (and only?) grandchild at this point, not so forgiving of someone who is attmepting to murder the only connection left to her Fallen, in all ways, son. Then factor in those who probably sympathize with her and hand for that matter (say most of the Order?) and it makes for some heavy 'splaining to do.

As far a Luke forgiving her. Well we all know that he is characterized as caing and hopeful to a fault. One would hope that by now he would realize that not everyone can be redeemed but hey...it's him.

As for Ben blowing up at her. He is a Skywalker through and through and even though Mara was char'd at times as a level headed char, she had a temper as firey as her hair. And we see how often Ben is being char'd as having both triats from both lines. Tho it is a shallow bit, lets just say that this is one of those times that the Skywaler trait (recklessness) grabbed him before he thought things through.

Anywho like i said i haven't gotten the chance to see how Obtuse the author made the characters for the sake of his plot tho. So consider this an uneducated guess at this point and give me some time to remedy that issue.

I did enjoy the snippet tho.