Reviews for Desperately Wanted: One Family That Gives a Damn
Kay Kay chapter 12 . 3/23
Beautiful story! Poor Dean, the title fits perfectly with the story - as horrible as it is -.- I really liked the relationship between Dean & Jess. Super sad ending though :(
Nina Ferraro chapter 3 . 2/18
Room 124 like Dean's bday lolol. January (01) 24
ThatLoser chapter 12 . 11/14/2015
Ok first of all, I absolutely adore this story. It gives me all the feels and my heart was breaking for dean. Furthermore the poetic beauty you infused in your writing was simplistically fanciful. (Basically your writing rocked: I just like using fancy words). But second of all, I wish there had been a moment for Sam where he was kind of like "oh yeah I am a jerk to dean, who gave up everything for me" because I was getting so frustrated with him. Honestly. But I love the Sam in the series, because he is selfless and loves dean unconditionally. That said I think you did a great job portraying an un-developed (character wise) Sam.

Also I realize that you wrote this story over 3 years ago, so basically this review will be unread and all, but on the off-chance that you see this: I love this story
sunshine102897 chapter 12 . 9/11/2015
Okay. This story was beyond amazing. I never really cared about Jessica because in all honesty, being in Supernatural a grand total of like ten minutes doesn't get me attached. I loved her here..you made her into an actual character instead of just a plot device. The way she insisted on going with Sam and went to Dean to ask about hunting monsters instead of running away was so well played. I mean Sam was a jerk at times, John was being an ass that just needed to show Dean he cared, and Dean needed to stand up to his father, but Jess filled the hole. (Dean made my heart shatter though...I can't stand the thought of everyone leaving him.) She was strong willed and wouldn't take any crap from any of the Winchesters. But the best part, by far, was how much she genuinely cared about Dean and went above and beyond to make sure that he knew she cared. Dean actually showing affection to her, treating her in an almost little sis way instead of just his brother's girlfriend, truly warmed my heart. But now for my other feelings.
I FREAKING KNEW IT AS SOON AS DEAN TURNED 26 AND JOHN "WENT MISSING." I THOUGHT THAT SINCE SHE KNEW ABOUT HUNTING THINGS WOULD BE DIFFERENT BUT NNNOOOOO. HAPPY ENDINGS DON'T EXIST IN SPN AND EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS ONLY IN THE SHOW TEN MINUTES THIS STORY GOT ME ATTACHED AND I FREAKING CRIED OFF ALL MY MAKE UP. Dean crying for her and visiting her at the cemetery effectively killed me.
So now that you know that ghosts can type out reviews, I just wanted to thank you for an awesomely awesome story, even though the ending sent me to the after life. Jessica Moore now has a place in my heart as a tragic spn death.
(Sorry my review is so long. I just have a lot of feelings.)
godess bubbles chapter 12 . 8/16/2015
poor Dean...
rosebudgirl chapter 12 . 4/1/2015
I just found this story-so good! Poor Dean! Your characters were spot on!
Yorushike chapter 12 . 3/9/2015
Hi,
very well written and absolutely heart wreaching. I think you got the characters spot on. (Well we don't know enough about Jess to actually get her spot on or off :), but I liked your Jess.)
Dean in my eyes always suffered from: "Watch out for Sammy." in a way that neither Sam nor his dead ever truly undestood. For no one to ever asked who HE is, for HIM to be safe, to always be second or rather third. That's something you got across very well and even though the story was slightly AU it didn't feel much like it.
Anyways great story, greetings
Yorushike
ManySkills chapter 12 . 10/22/2014
Holy cow this is so awesome. I never considered how awesome Jessica might have been. Maybe SPN will pick up on this idea and write an alternate history or something, letting us meet her after all. The idea that she could commandeer the room with 3 strong Winchesters is just amazing.
Nadamalki chapter 12 . 4/30/2014
that was amazing! thank you so much for sharing your talent with us!
Director-Ackles chapter 12 . 7/1/2013
God this story is just so beautiful, it breaks my heart but warms it at the same time! It's honestly brilliant, thanks for an amazing story :)
Aussie-mel chapter 12 . 1/16/2013
I loved this. I love Jess in this, even getting near the end and knowing how it would end for her, I was hoping that she wouldn't die and would go with the boys. Your portrayal of Dean is great, I love how he is so vulnrable in this but trying to hide it. Though in parts there I was really starting to hate Sam's selfishness and not being able to see how his brother was hurting. Jess was brilliant though. Loved how she tried to be there for Dean even when he wouldn't let her. Great work.
Anise Nadiah chapter 12 . 10/9/2012
That is beautiful. I so love your Jo though john and sam really pissed me off in this. especially sam. he's so selfish.. but all and all this is epic thank you. definitely goes to my fav :)
timetowaste247 chapter 12 . 7/25/2012
I really enjoyed your story and I'm glad I found it.
agrove chapter 12 . 7/25/2012
No! Everything was finally coming together by some miracle and then Jess died. I get why she had to but it still sucks. Great ending and I love Dean apologizing for being selfish. Absolutely amazing job!
Rita chapter 12 . 7/25/2012
I find it hard to feel sorry for Sam. He is such an ass.