Reviews for God Complex
penless chapter 13 . 7/19/2012
I hope that you'll forgive my utter laziness for missing a few chapters' worth of reviews. I just sort of plowed right on through til the end!

I don't think I can ever adequately thank you for this fic. It is amazing and riveting and so, so much more than I could have ever dared hope for. You took my "Billy with marlaria" prompt and turned it into something really special. You have me floored with how prolific you are! Between your ffnet account and your lj account you have an incredible amount of stories. Just, wow.

This is a story that rises to the top. I shall return to it often. Thank you for blowing my mind. You are truly one in a million; a rare breed. I will always look forward to more from you.
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 13 . 7/12/2012
Totally awesome story, and great chapter. Loved it. :)
vonnie836 chapter 13 . 7/12/2012
Michael really learned his lesson here and it was refreshing to see how he used his new view on things to help his team mates come to the same point. What I enjoyed also was to see how none of them blamed the other for what happened, although each of them was clearly willing to take the blame. The whole story was very tense and well written and I loved that you had Michael grow throughout the story. He hit rock bottom and it was clear that he would always be the guy who needs control and who has a god complex, but he also realized that he needed to distinguish between wanting to be God and being God. I'm looking forward to your next project. Take care! Hugs, Vonnie
Cathy chapter 13 . 7/12/2012
Such a great last chapter. Rick and Billy getting better, Casey taking care of Michael, and Michael finally getting it all clear in his head about what he can and cannot control. Michael's helplessness and anger over the things he can't control, such as what was happening with Billy and Rick. Loved Casey's idea of the pink cast!

And the end, where Michael uses the lesson he learned to teach the guys when they're so busy blaming themselves for getting the others hurt.

I did see one thing you might want to change. You wrote:
"I'm told that God made the day in six days..."

should be made the world or planet or Earth, however you want to word that part, instead of day.

Thanks for sharing. I love the way you portray the team and always am excited when I see you have a new story out about them.
sockie1000 chapter 13 . 7/12/2012
sorry I am behind on reviewing this one! something else has been taking up my time... ;)

but I really did enjoy it. and I love how casey stepped in and took charge when michael needed it here. I'm also glad Michael finally got the rest he needed, even if it wasn't in his preferred manner. and the guys all thinking everything was their fault... of course they did. michael's not the only one with a complex. and I mentioned this elsewhere, but I really like how you write faye.

so thank you for the great read. can't wait to read your next adventure. :)
Cathy chapter 12 . 7/10/2012
Thank for another great chapter. And another great cliff-hanger: Rick and Billy not doing well, Casey nearing the end of his rope and Michael apparently reaching the end of his. The phone conversation between Michael and Fay was well done, and I could easily feel Michael's pain and how hard he was trying to cover it up, and succeeding until Fay was being too understanding. It seemed to me that Michael wanted her to really chew him out over the whole mission, and the more I thought about it, the more it seemed that Michael's been wanting that ever since he got to the hospital. He keeps prodding Casey in order to settle Casey down, but I feel that he's hoping that Casey really will lay into him - hit him, yell at him, something.

Sad to see just one more chapter left, but I'm very interested in seeing how you wrap things up in that last chapter.

Thanks for sharing.
Guest chapter 12 . 7/9/2012
Damn. Really heavy. And beautiful. Can't wait until the next chapter! *sits and waits patiently, worrying about the boys*
penless chapter 7 . 7/9/2012
Oh, man. Poor Billy. There it is - the unveiling of his malady. When I first read this story and I got to this part my stomach was in knots for him. First, because of the Jeep...and now, because the man is so sick.

(but hey, that's what i asked for, right?) ;)

So. Bloody. Good!

Also, I love the dialogue between Michael and Casey. There are so many great Casey quips...Here is just one of them:

"'I'm going to blame your lack of foresight on the fact that you've endured more explosions than any of us in the last few days,' the older operative said dryly."

Ha, I can just see his deadpan expression and tone. It's great! Faye, this is a story that I think about in between my reading sessions. It truly has gotten under my skin in the best possible way. Writers like you are few and far between. Thank you again.
Guest chapter 12 . 7/9/2012
You really just left me hanging there? With Rick possibly dying in surgery and Billy already dead - although not beyond being brought back - right here in front of me? My heart is ready to stop too, but I guess I better hang in there or I won't find out what's going to happen in the next chapter.
This was really a though chapter. Michael continuing to fight for control, trying to ignore the fact that he didn't have any and yet loosing this fight just as much as Billy and Rick seem to loose there fight. And in the end he had to realize that he had no control, that his desire to be in control was really not realistic. God he is not and never will be and it' hard to see him at a loss, so much so that he not only lost control, but also choices. Except of the choice of walking away. It seems like the easy way out at this point and Michael never takes the easy way out, he always stays and fights until there is nothing left. Shows me exactly where he is right now. He hit rock bottom and just like Rick and Billy there is no way to tell if he can come back from it. Can't wait for the next chapter. Hugs, Vonnie
Guest chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
Now that the adrenaline rush is over, the hard part really begins. Michael, doing all he can to keep Casey balanced, even if it means risking being hit by Casey. And Michael pushing himself to be the one to stay awake at Rick's side, even though he's in far worse shape than Casey (I'm still expecting Michael to collapse at any given moment - if he's smart, he won't do it while Casey is gone). And Casey...feeling as helpless as Michael does about not having any control over what's happening with Rick and Billy, and out of the four, it's definitely Michael and Casey who most feel the need to be in control (although with Casey, he probably doesn't need to be the one in control, he just needs there to be someone in control. And a situation that can be controlled).

A long recovery and those dreaded phone calls...and five more chapters to go (I thought I saw somewhere that it's a 16 chapter story)?

Thanks for sharing.
Cathy
vonnie836 chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
Wow, Rick's much worse than I thought he would be. And Billy, not much to say about his condition, is there. Sounds like there isn't much hope left, except Billy is hope impersonated and so Michael is right to tell Casey that he can't count him out just yet. I appreciate how Michael lives up to being the leader here, even if he clearly would like to have someone to lean on himself. So now I just wonder how they will make it through this. Hope Rick will listen to Michael and will be the second one down. Hugs, Vonnie
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
Excellent chapter! :D I thought the story was over already and so happy to see it isn't! I'm really loving this delving into Michael's psyche and the topic of control that's so important to him. :)
sockie1000 chapter 10 . 7/2/2012
whew! so glad they are home free, at least as far as the mission in concerned. very exciting chapter with the chase and casey with his gun. and poor rick is hurt, too.

now, off to the vigil... can't wait. :)
Guest chapter 10 . 7/2/2012
Heading for the ending? Although with Rick and Billy in serious conditions, the ending of the story might not be that close. I do need to go back and re-read some chapters, though. Because I thought that Michael was shot in the arm at one point (which Casey probably bandaged), and then during the blast at the door where Rick was being held, he was bleeding somewhere on his back, but the medic in this chapter only checked on the cut Michael got when his head hit the windshield (and Michael has taken quite a few blows to the head by that time). So, either the medic didn't do a thorough check of Michael, or Michael, like the rest of his team, lied about his injuries. :-)

I suppose that once Michael has seen that Billy and Rick are being taken care of, he can quietly collapse and get some rest. Don't know if the hospital has a room large enough for all three of them...

Thanks again for another good chapter.

Cathy
Guest chapter 10 . 7/2/2012
Wow, what can I say? Michael is awesome. He pulled it off and I'm glad he got praise for it. But I completely understand that the real mission isn't over yet. Unless his men are not just safe, but alive, he failed and so he can't rest yet. I absolutely love your action scenes. The car chase was breathtaking. And now I can't wait to see how the others fair. I suspect Rick will need surgery for that internal bleed and who knows what they will discover then. And Billy, it's hard to belief he is still alive. This is going to be a rough recovery. Like I said, can't wait. Happy 4th of July, just in case I don't get to say it prior to then. Hugs, Vonnie
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »