Reviews for Shift
mttspiii chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
i like it

yeah, short and rather plotless, but it's just that well-written a slice of life that i like it
Lost Guy chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
i personally really like this. don't know why. any chance of another chapter?
Ganheim chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
anyone who went exploring

[Or more often was forced to go there]

and more effective intercontinental ballistic missiles.

[Reminds me of Vector’s research to convert nuclear MIRV ICBMs into bio-superweapons. Of course, you’d have to read Richard Preston – it’s explicitly mentioned in the middle third of Demons in the Freezer]

science but his rationality

[science,]

was agreed upon by

[Or at least as likely “respected”. Many people agreed with Lysenko (if not because of good science and data) and it wasn’t until leadership respected his energy that he was promoted]

was forced to disclose to its people

[I don’t think “forced” is as accurate as “allowed rumors to terrify the populace”. Then again, I learned a lot by reading Aleksander Solzenitzen’s “Gulag Archipelago”. Dense reading but informative, in a quietly terrifying way because many of those machinations can still exist]

Interesting slice of life sort of fic. No real details to expand on the reality of the individual soldiers, but especially for something so short that’s not necessary and it’s pulled off well here. Besides the few points that I made for expansion or alternate viewpoints/detail I think you did very well.