Reviews for Sly Cooper: Sly as a Fox
Theivius Authorius chapter 16 . 1/19
I'll admit it, I got a little teary-eyed with that flash-back. This is getting better and better by the chapter! Tons of questions fly through my mind as I read this: Who took Carmelita? How'd they get her? Is A.C. telling the truth? And WHERE THE HECK DOES SHE GET THAT TECHNOLOGY? Penolope? Clockwerk? A Thieves-In-Time Villain? FUTURE BENTLEY?! Gah!
You're too good at leaving suspenseful cliffhangers. But I do have to say that the grammar situation with Sly's father threw me a bit. You're doing fantastically with this story, and I'm anxious to read Chapter 17!
KiamMcCue chapter 16 . 12/25/2013
Aw man this is awesome :D the suspense is killing me! Nice story cant wait for an update
NinjaxSketcheartx chapter 16 . 11/22/2013
Wow, excellent chapter as always. A couple of tears streamed down my cheeks when I read Sly's dream. The way you wrote that part almost seemed like it wasn't a dream. Like it was happening all over again. Ooh, that part was intense.

Now I'm at the point of being flustered. Just who does A.C work for? I get it if she works for herself but she's constantly switching. One minute, she's fighting the gang and now she's helping them. It frustrates me to see such a mysterious character move about, not knowing their goals or true intentions or motivations. I guess that's why A.C also fascinates me.

Now, why do I feel like Carmelita getting kidnapped is just another ploy? You'd think that after numerous times of being a hostage, Carmelita would learn. It makes me wonder if you're going to write out that part in the next chapter. But I hope that Carmelita went down fighting.

Of course, I'm sure your work has kept you busy but do you think you can update A Heart of Darkness? It's a wonder how I can remember exactly what happened in the last chapter, especially when it's been so long. I'm just curious if you're going to focus on one story, finish it, and then move on to the next.

Well, I look forward to the next chapter! Have a good day!
KiamMcCue chapter 15 . 11/7/2013
Yea i would love an update ( half finished but great stories i hate)
Idk chapter 15 . 5/23/2013
Update please :)
cheesebread222 chapter 15 . 5/17/2013
Another good chapter.

The audio thing wouldn't be a too terrible idea. Of course you would want to try and match the characters in the game's voices as much as possible (not that short of getting the same voice actors could you get it exact). Although, as far as the female voices go, I think Carmelita's is the only one that changes...and if you try to duplicate it, her 4th game voice is probably the best one. (in my opinion anyway). But yes, that could be kind of cool.

Anyway, good chapter, and of course I can't wait for more.
Theivius Authorius chapter 15 . 5/14/2013
Just reading that scientific banter about the time syncing and such made my head hurt... Don't take that the wrong way, I mean it as a compliment! With this story, you've integraded two things that are close favorites of mine; Scientific Knowledge and Sly Cooper! Well, that, and an intricately-crafted story involving said aspects.
Also, I don't mean to overreact, but that scene between A.C. and the Gang was set up SO perfectly! And starting it off with 'Here's Johnny'?! GENIUS! :D Carson would be proud!
An audio version... hmm... an interesting prospect. And one I'd like to see, if it was ever to happen. But, and I mean this comically instead of negatively, If you actually got Kevin Miller, Mat Olsen and Chris Murphey to do their own roles, I'd eat my hat, and one of my dog's chew toys. And become a human lightning rod from A.C.'s Electro-Cane Thingy.
Anyway, I can't wait to see how this continues! Write on, Deags!
Case McKinley chapter 15 . 5/14/2013
this was a good chapter like they aways are seemed a little shorter then the others but thats ok the audio series sounds like a good idea. I would certainly watch it and hope you go through with it. Can't wait for the next chapter!
NinjaxSketcheartx chapter 15 . 5/13/2013
Awesome chapter as always. Of course A.C wouldn't let them escape. That's a quality that I have to admire. She never gives up.

Your right about the essays and memoirs kind of affecting someone's writings. I didn't notice your writing had changed (or improved) since it's completely different from how I write and how others write. Though, I hate writing essays. In every class, I have to write an essay every month. Whether it's persuasive, open ended, or expository, all students have to do it. Can't complain though. At least they're not making us do one for gym.

Back on topic, I can't believe Guthrie would hurt an incapacitated person! Oh, poor Bentley. Didn't that happen to him in the third game? I think it was on the mission with Lefwee. Wow, I haven't played Sly 3 for a long time. I can't believe I remembered that.

Ooh, the audio story sounds interesting. I'd love to see that. But I don't mean to sound rude here, but do you really think the actors could find the time to do this? It'd be awesome if they did but I don't see that happening. If this audio story doesn't happen, then that's fine with me. As long as your writing :)

Did you know that Kevin Miller is supporting the claim for Sly Cooper to have its own animated series? I'm a little skeptical about this since I'd prefer it to stay a game but then again I don't see the harm in making it a tv show. It'd be interesting to see how it turns out.

Well, hope you update soon! See you in the next chapter!
Theivius Authorius chapter 14 . 5/11/2013
It's refreshing to see this continued, and it seems the long wait for an update was worthwhile! Though I'll admit, I was among those who might have thought this was put to bed. Imagine my surprise when I was wrong! Anyway, I just love a good twist in a story like this :D Can't wait to see what will come of this.
Case McKinley chapter 14 . 5/2/2013
First of so sorry about everything you mentioned in others notes but i that the stress has not effected your writing at all. Chapter 14 was amazing Tony Fox's meeting with Sly expressed all the admiration I have for the cooper gang and Bentleys actions and lines filled me with pride as my favorite character saved the day. Keep writing and thank you for chapter 14
cheesebread222 chapter 14 . 4/30/2013
Glad to see another chapter. Finals can be quite the hassle, so I understand new ones taking a little while.
Your stories are worth the wait though.

I found it rather entertaining how quickly Tony went from being the "Cool Guy" to the "Fanboy".

Anyway, really not much else to add right now except great chapter, and I can't wait for more.
timexgone23 chapter 14 . 4/28/2013
This chapter was amazing! You've definitely outdid yourself. As always everyone was in-character and I've developed quite the fondness for A.C. as a particularly "evil" character, she's fantastic. Tony's presence in this chapter added plenty a spash of mirth, I have to admit that I laughed a few times (not including Sly's one-liners).
Anyway, amazing chapter and I'm so sorry about everything going on for you personally. Just remember that there's always an end to every storm :)
It's good to have you back!
-Meg
NinjaxSketcheartx chapter 14 . 4/27/2013
Holy crap! When I saw that you updated, I just dropped everything. It's been too long. I misse this series but I'm exploding with energy right now. I'm just so happy to see an update. But it's understandable about why you couldn't. Your life outside ff requires your attention, and I'd say it must be rough.

Your writing hasn't changed. It's good to see that. Usually when an auhor on this site is gone for a few months, their writing drastically changes. And it makes me wonder why I read those kind of stories. But it's great to see that you're not one of them. Although, I'd say it improved but I couldn't say where it improved...

I always wanted to see more of Tony. I forgot to mention that but adding him into the equation will build loads of tension between Sly and Carm. Maybe you could give them like a moment and add confusion as to who Carm prefers. Oh, and I love that you made him a fan of the Cooper Gang. I wasn't expecting that. But it's so adorable to see Tony like that.

I don't believe I've seen A.C so… frustrated. She's usually composed and perhaps headstrong. Yeah, throwing yourself into the water instead of being a prisoner is something I would do. For survival but I think A.C did that because she didn't want Sly having the satisfaction of having her imprisoned. That, and she doesn't want them to find out he identity. Whatever that is. And that's the thing. WHO IS SHE?!

Yeah, the ending of this chapter I didn't expect. Bentley saves the day! Hooray! Now, I imagine he was sitting in some abandoned building planning like crazy about how to get his friends out of their "home." But that's what you gotta love about him. He's loyal to the core. And I think that's what really tested their friendship when the Contessa arrested Sly and Murray.

I can't get over the fact that Carm would work with a criminal. Then again, she did that in the third one. Although it was to save Sly… and arrest him but then his memory supposedly got wiped. And now they're in this situation! Oh, the cycle continues.

Well, now I'm wondering when you're going to update A Heart of Darkness. If my memory is right, I do believe Sly was with Juliette…

Hope you update soon! :D
Theivius Authorius chapter 13 . 3/23/2013
You've got the gift of weaving words, making them grand and majestic things, that people wish for more of. I know I'll be on the edge of my seat, waiting for the next chapter! Keep it up, Deags!