Reviews for The Abandoned
Mastadon-King chapter 6 . 10/6/2013
BOO-YAH BITCHES! GOD, JESUS, THE HOLY SPIRIT, AND ZION FOR THE WIN!
saddas74 chapter 6 . 3/22/2013
Good Chapter and new elite character and an interesting cameo from the arbiter. But isn't the arbiter in the end of his middle age at the end of Halo, never thought he do be so old now.
mellra chapter 6 . 3/22/2013
Wow...just wow. I've read this story from start to finish and I've gotta say, I LOVE IT! The story may have been slightly short and felt rushed in places but it was awsome all the same. I like your positive outlook for Human/Elite relationships while keeping it canon. I also like how you pointed out the Master Chief's and the Halo series in general Biblical references, never really noticed them before. I loved this story and I eagerly await seeing more of your beautiful work!
saddas74 chapter 5 . 3/15/2013
Good Chapter, looks like Rtas is doubting his self over the decision he made.
saddas74 chapter 4 . 2/19/2013
That was a big time skip,and the situation for the elites seems to be getting worse.
Rtas decision to go back to his world,if something i expected.
Good chapter,show how the elites are coping up,and it looks bad.
mellra chapter 4 . 2/19/2013
Nice chapter. Kind of a major timeskip there, and a lot of presuming seeing as we still haven't seen the entirety of the new Halo series in books and games, but it feels accurate enough to get by. Also pretty funny you have Rtas as a fan of first person shooters on Xbox, assuming they even still have Xbox 500 years from now. I also really liked the spiritual side you added to this chapter. I also find it highly interesting, because in my bible group at college we just had a guest speaker come in and give us a lesson on 'finding God's purpose for our lives' and the next day you come out with this chapter! Neat huh? Anyway, great chapter and I hope to see more soon!
Mario117 chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
Nice and fresh history. Can't wait! Hey, remember what the books and wikia said. Elites have a predatory nature. Elites chase little things like rats on Sangheilios when little... So its expected something similar, unless your character is not allowed to hunt. Still, they have a good sense of smell. Children elites are almost the size of an adult human. Hey, good luck to your human characters, I bet elites turn more agreesive as they go through puberty and adolescence. They just took a baby dinosaur... Its gonna be huge! :D
Lady Beelze chapter 3 . 2/10/2013
I can't wait for you to continue this story. It was very interesting :D
DN 506 chapter 3 . 2/6/2013
Good story
SheegothBait chapter 3 . 2/6/2013
Wonder what will happen to the Sangheili?
I like this story so much I want to write one like it, but don't want to copy your idea... :(
Love the story though! Keep it up!
saddas74 chapter 3 . 2/5/2013
This is quite a different take on Halo.
And the very concept is so unique.
And story itself is written well.
Hope to see more of it in the future.
mellra chapter 3 . 2/5/2013
Very good chapter! As for your earlier AN, I think they mention what the brig of a UNSC ship looks like in Halo: Glasslands when both the one Elite and Dr. Halsey were thrown in seperatley. Out of curiosity, why do you pronounce God as G-d and Lord as L-d? Can't wait for the next chapter, and I'm seeing a very possible romance on the horizon between Jules and Esther! That is one thing that I've read about Sangheili culture that kind of bugged me, that the children never get to know their fathers. If you've ever seen the movie Courageous, you'll know what I'm talking about. Again, great chapter and I can't wait for the next one!
mellra chapter 2 . 12/12/2012
Awsome to see more of this story. I've always pictured a story like this for Halo but could never write it. I hope to see more updates in the near future. Also, are you going to incorperate more ideas from the books and games that we should expect in future chapters?
Fallen's child chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
love it, is there an artist that can draw the baby?
mellra chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Good story! I've actually had an idea about something like this, but seeing as I'm more of a fanfic reader than writer, its nice to see it take form! Hope to see more soon!