Reviews for Unfortunate Liminality
Lord of Bays chapter 5 . 6/9/2012
This was a fuckawesome story. A tip of the hate to you, good sir.
Kriteni chapter 5 . 6/8/2012
That was... I'm speechless. It was perfect, I cried... You're an amazing writer.
sylnnn chapter 5 . 6/7/2012
Very well written. I sincerely enjoy your artistry with words and the tale is beautifully woven.

A comment I've made to only a few other writers here, but that you also merit - I love the fact that you can create imagery and emotion so well without using too many words, it's a gift and imo a sign of a truly good writer.

Bravo
HeidiM2574 chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
Oh my heart aches from all that angst! I'll admit you had me near tears and in my mind I'm thinking NOO! Ah good thing it was only in his mind. All is right in the world again. Standing ovation for you. It was a spectacular ride and I look forward to future femshep/garrus stories from you!
reconnoiterer chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
I don't usually read too many fanfics, but I'm so glad I didn't let this one slip by. I am heartbashed in the best of ways right now - and so grateful that my browser didn't inadvertently scroll down and spoiler me ahead of time. Brilliantly executed and exquisitely painful. Well done!
RayneEthelwulf chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
Fuck! This was AMAZING! You were spot on with the characters, had me cheering them on, mentally screaming NO! WTF?, and in tears at the end. Best piece I have read in a very long time. Nothing I love more than a happy ending and so many people fail with the love/angst/happy ending stories. it is a hard combo, which you seem to have mastered. I bow to your awesomeness!
Silica chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
I really really enjoyed this fic.

I found it via the ME LJ community (so, please, continue to cross-post your fic there!), and the title intrigued me.

I loved how lush your descriptions are; tiny moments like the tape peeling off of the cold pack were just illustrated so perfectly, and without the clunky mountain of words that some detailed descriptions fall prey to. Garrus' POV was spot-on - throughout the fic, you had a really great handle on him and his interactions with other Normandy crew.

And the fakeout, Garrus' life without Shepard? That was brutally effective and really well done. At the news of Shepard's death, I was just hoping-hoping-hoping that no, this is a dream, and then Garrus blinked back to the present and the tension was relieved.

After reading this, I'm definitely going to check out your other fic - because if it's anything like this, I can't wait to read it.
Catler chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
This was really well done. You provoked a lot of conflicting emotions in me, and I was really glad you swerved the ending back the way you did. Looking forward to seeing what else you've written :)
Catler chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
This chapter seemed to get off to a slow start, and then WOAH! Suddenly it got really good.
Rokubi chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
lol YOU couldn't handle the angst? This chapter nearly killed me.

But it worked well with Garrus picturing a life without her, since at the start of the chapter I was agreeing with the idea of them breaking up, or taking a break. And by the end, after his little daydream, I would have cried if they still broke up.

I love how you write Garrus. Very intense but he still has his soft side.

The hopeless romantic in me approves! Great job. .
sharpie ink chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
Loved it all! Glad to read it to the end!
servantofclio chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
I liked this so much. Such a relief when I realized the flash-forward wasn't reality, just... a possible reality. I love the understanding they come to here.
dancingwithinbrokendreams chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
I am VERY happy you didn't go with the original plan and make them separate. I would have been as upset as I was when I finished ME3. Great job.
prettywhiteclouds chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
I absolutely loved you for four chapters, hated you for half, and loved you again.

This was beautiful. That last paragraph makes my heart feel like it's going nova too.
Theodur chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
I thought it was really good. But there was one thing that was utterly brilliant, brilliant, brilliant - the bit with Garrus imagining his future without Shepard. I thought that nothing but Liara angst could make me tear up a bit, but well, that's a testament to your writing talent.

And really, I think they will be alright. As long as they remember not to have sex during a firefight.

Thank you for writing and sharing this with us. :)
68 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »