Reviews for Unfortunate Liminality
anonymous moose chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
This is exceptional. It took 'til the third chapter to get it's hooks into me, but rereading the first two chapters, the quality was there the whole way through.

And I've rarely been as impressed with a catharsis as I am with the last chapter. That was stupendous. The flash-forward was inspired. The prose was potent and effective. The dialogue was especially fantastic. And all this stemming from the whole 'commander/subordinate' relationship problem that most people refuse to acknowledge.

If this is the kind of thing you regularly put out, consider me a fan.
polarulv chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
Omg, I thought you were going to rip my heart out there for a second, but it was beautiful, just beautiful. I really hope you're doing another one.
snkt chapter 4 . 6/3/2012
fuck this is so good. Amazing pacing, a gratuitous amount of very IC dialogue (which in of itself is a difficult feat; you nailed it) and the imagery is gorgeous. Love when authors utilize the battlefield like you did for Shep, its like a whole other world - she is indeed born for this and watching her thrive in this element is great. Also Garrus' inner-conflict and the overall development is heavy perfectly gradual and totally satisfying.

this fic deserves more than its got, but I hope the lack thereof isnt distracting or a deterrent in any way. Regardless I'm loving it and seriously cant wait for more.
barbex chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
Damn, you almost killed me there with heartbreak, I'm so glad you are a hopeless romantic like me apparently and pulled it around. Your story warmed my ice-cold heart.
Super Secret Siha chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
You really had me going there for a minute. Nice work!
artistic mishap chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
I have to say - you had me worried. That whole middle bit about Garrus' life without her... When I thought it was real, I could feel my heart slowly breaking. Thank goodness it wasn't!

That said, I think you pulled off that transition really well. It was real enough for Garrus to imagine, real enough for him to feel the loss... And that translated well to the audience (if my reaction is anything to go on).

This story is getting a favourite. I love how you wrote these two. :)
lunar47 chapter 4 . 6/2/2012
This was really good. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Siha Shap chapter 4 . 6/2/2012
.God! Feel like Ive just run a race and then got hit by a truck!...The adrenaline rush! Brilliant two chapters one could cut the tension with a knife and then Gaaaahh!...Need to know what happens next!

ps..despite the name, am a Garrus girl through and through.!
dancingwithinbrokendreams chapter 4 . 6/2/2012
Dear lord this is amazing,. Keep it up. Can't wait for more.
Alex.y.111 chapter 4 . 6/2/2012
I'm enjoying this story so very very much.

I love the characterization of everyone. They fit the game perfectly, yet you add to them so they're more interesting.

I like that Thane and Gar are friends. So sad that Thane isn't the LI here, but you can't win them all.

I love your Jack. Foul mouthed like hell, but has the much needed battlefield smarts that she lacks in many stories, and seems so necessary to me. She's not just a biotics powerhouse, she's also a pretty smart person underneath all the crazy.

Garrus and shep got plenty of personality. I love their battle-banter.

I also like the way you write actions. whether it's battlefield action, or just describing how characters do the things they do. I can imagine it all very vividly.

Every sentence since the "Shep is a bright star" part was so much fun to read.

...and than there's a cliffhanger. Oh, you cruel-cruel author.

;)
polarulv chapter 3 . 6/2/2012
This is really good! I love the whole directness thing and that you keep the story relevant without a lot of unecessary subplot, there is so much of that out there. Thank you!
HeidiM2574 chapter 4 . 6/2/2012
Oh you big tease! Thoroughly enjoyed this chapter..really it doesn't take much and who can resist a little back and forth show of dominance between Garrus and Shep (yes take charge, dominant Garrus is hot what can I say!)
bluereplica chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
Another lovely kmeme fill. I know the story hasn't been put up fully here, but here's another 'your story was perfect and nearly made my heart break' comment for the upload. :) I'm overjoyed to see so many kmeme fills being put up here so I can read the authors' other stories. Thanks again!
Theodur chapter 4 . 6/2/2012
Who knew shooting vorcha in the company of Jack could turn be so romantically inspiring?

Good show. Love the situations you create for your characters.
barbex chapter 4 . 6/2/2012
Loving the story, I like the voice you give Garrus, he may be nervous but he is not the bumbling teenager that some fanfics make him out.
68 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »