Reviews for Solitude
adrianazerionu chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
10/10
The mental trauma will stay with me for a while.
With Engie you literally wrote the type of a death scene that hurts me the most. I had to blackmail my little brother into throwing me a paper tissue box to avoid walking by family members with tears streaming down my face.
So thanks, I loved it.
Portuguese Irish chapter 1 . 7/11/2013
Just beautiful.
Izzi89 chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
Awesome story! I enjoyed reading it so much :D
And OMG Pilot! that part was the saddest for me T_T
I would've added that Gromov apologized one last time, you know, it just makes sense.. Other than that (and the friendlier than usual Engie) I was completely absorbed by the story, usually i can't survive such long stories in one evening, but i couldn't stop reading this one..
Great work!
Thing 3 chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Okay, so oh my god, just what kind of literature amazing ness are you? Most stories with character deaths in them, I don't even blink, like 'huh. That sucks oh well.'

That most certainly was not the case here. You had me on an emotional roller coaster, yes you did. Oh god, everyone's death scenes and captain walking away, oh man, I cannot even begin to describe what I was feeling. And you have to make it hurt even more by pointing out some of the likable traits of each character to cause emotional shambles before hand and to escalate afterwords. Thank god, it was just another of Snips horrorific nightmares.

This here is quality fanfiction writing, and hopefully there is more to come from your works. I give you my uttermost respect.
Linjie chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
LOVED this. Awesome job, Zaci! :D The ending is especially touching. I knew how much you're into Romac, so the OC deaths really puzzled me, but now it all makes sense. Very awesome fic, I'm glad I read it!
Fandom Muppet chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
That was...heartbreaking. I loved it so much. Really this had to be one of the best fanfics I've ever had the pleasure of reading! The ending was just fantastic! Ah I wanted to cry so badly! Really you have done a great job!
polyphonical chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
HOLY. MOLY.

Ok. So I normally don't go for the "oh it was all a hallucination lalala the end" because it's a cheap shot, but I am so, SO impressed by how you pulled it off that I might have to change my mind entirely.

I also agree with toeki. The story itself seems very disjointed, but when looking at it in the context of a drug-induced hallucination, then it makes a lot of sense. In fact, the disjoint kind of contributes to the feeling of the story.

Side note, I especially loved Gromov's death scene. I don't know, something about the way you wrote his whole character made me really like him, and then to kill him off like that. That was very powerful.

Excellently done! (:
toeki chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
first i thought something was off with the stories continuity and writing style...

where snippy woke up, to finding the airplane, to pĂ­lots death, to the annet drone headquarter. the transitions between the locations, situation were not smooth, like some part of the story was missing. this continued in the corridor full of traps, to the appearance of felt surreal.

especially the scene where engie gets impaled in the trap reminded me of a scene of the resident evil 1 movie, where the protagonists have to pass a corridor full of traps, too. in short, the story read like a gory nightmare. and then, it turned out that this was snippys nightmare indeed. therefore the writing style and surreal feeling of the plot fitted very well. good job.

i like the idea of drugging someone instead of shooting him to get his supplies, and how engie tries to comfort snippy.i really liked what you have chosen as snippys worst fear. i can identify with this, because it is very close to my own worst fear in real life.
eight 0f hearts chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Oh gosh this was dramatic xD It made me cringe, but in a good way... I had to stop and brace myself before reading the bits with Pilot and Engie. SOBSOBSOB oh Snippy... you shouldn't have watched!

I particularly liked the bits with ANNET in the middle; they were very well thought out and quite plausible.

The ending was really sweet, though xD I am glad there was at least some comfort after the hurt. Great work as usual, I really enjoyed reading it!