Reviews for Persona: Duality
FanficSinsOfficialReviews chapter 1 . 8/26
4.3/5

This is one of those stories that feels more like a published piece of literature than a casual fanfic. The first chapter is well-paced and rich with well-executed exposition. The quality of the language is supreme and there are some good moments of descriptive detail. The published story itself is beautifully presented and looks and reads professional.

There are small moments of confusion or bits which don't really seem to advance the plot or tell the reader much, but that should be of no concern. The content of this chapter is limited in terms of plot, but I'm sure the story really picks up in the following chapters. As far as opening chapters go, this is definitely a good attempt.

In conclusion, I think that this is a nice opening to a well-presented plot. I greatly encourage readers to check this chapter out and read on through the next 103 chapters as well as any further installments. This story is certainly worthy of its high rating and I'll be sure to tweet about it on the official FanficSins Twitter page.

-Don, from FanficSins
CurioOfTheHeart chapter 102 . 7/27
I was not expecting this.

Almost six months ahead, that's a good-sized time skip. I wonder what all has gone down in that time.

And Real People actually went down. 'Tis the fate of print in the age of the internet. At least they were able to move on well.

Everyone is moving on so well, even Joe. While they're at the café, Priscilla says "Maybe I should Tara if I can practice in her private studio", forgetting the word 'ask'.

Yeah, I was expecting Priscilla to be pregnant. "I'm carrying your baby" sounds a bit stilted.

Shiny Garchomp isn't pointless, it, uhm...if they wait a few months it'll let them have a really purple mega evolution. Yeah, it's one of the worse shiny colors.

Beans on toast? I'm honestly not sure if that sounds awful or not.

Yay, bad puns. I doubt that this is the kind of thing you can keep covered up, especially when internet becomes a household thing again in New Motus.

Ethan wishes that his old friend were 'hear' with him instead of 'here'.

Generally, Blaine, shouting about a past of trying to kill people is a bad idea.

Serena asks Karl if 'Yu and Liam' are taking part in the Red Heart Marathon. Wrong Persona user there.

I kind of want to hear about Nathan's stories in college now.
wonder what/who this last shadow is
elgeonmb chapter 21 . 7/20
Man, you just /barely/ missed setting the founding date of Tachibana U before the end of Sakoku. I almost had an attack.
CurioOfTheHeart chapter 101 . 7/5
I've already been sad about such a wonderful story ending. By this point, I'm more happy that this story actually finished and didn't suffer the common fate of being abandoned a few chapters in.

Lots of happy fluff. I love happy fluff, so no complaints here.

Is that a cameo from Hanako and Kashiwagi?

I don't understand any of this Soccer talk, but it probably makes sense.

When Marcel pops up, it says he's wearing 'shoots' and not 'shorts' (Unless he's actually wearing bamboo or some other plant).

Kaman's having a kid? Guess characters don't even need an appearance to get a happy ending (And a damn well deserved one at that).

Well, can't argue with Dan about him and Blaine being lucky (And for more reasons than them being fictional characters).

Can't really think of much more specific to say. Good finale to a great story, can't wait for your next work and the further updates to the Extra Material.
Number13teen chapter 100 . 6/16
Aww a happy ending for all 5 main characters. I found it got progressively sweeter as you introduced the characters and their loved ones. I'm so glad I was finally able to finish!
CurioOfTheHeart chapter 100 . 6/1
And the end. Sad to see this go. But, at the least, the 100th review for the 100th chapter (God I hope no one bangs out a quick review before I can post this. It'll still be the 100th review for the 100th chapter, but it won't be this review).

Damn, Nihane is just so set on things being pointless.

There's a typo after New Motus is opened up. Other Serena says "The children who have never ocean".

For some reason, you change from Personae to Personas for one use (When Aimee asks Ethan about the NDDs).

So the people who had a Persona in the other world have their memories but those without one (Or with only an artificial Persona) don't? Well that lessens the horror some...except maybe for Kyle and Kaman.

'Or a Venus Fly Trap'? I feel like I'm missing the joke.

'There is no T in SD card'? Ultimate call-back. All this chapter is missing is a muffin.

An amazing end to an amazing story. There are only two real criticisms I can think of:

1) Lack of Kaman in the main world feels weird.
2) The 'Real People' might shut down thing feels like a total 'Big-Lipped Alligator Moment'. It popped up out of nowhere when the story pointed to Real People doing good, it hasn't been brought up since, and the only mention of 'Real People' here makes it seem like they are confident it'll keep running since they are planning more articles for it.
Number13teen chapter 99 . 5/21
Ah, the To Live speeches were cool. Reminded me of Devil Survivor 2 although I only watched the anime. This chapter was well done.
CurioOfTheHeart chapter 99 . 5/19
And so, the final final final battle finally begins.

Things keep getting more and more horrifying. Two worlds colliding and ceasing to exist, along with all the other chaos going on. This certainly feels climactic.

'Ate Her Box'? That sounds incredibly dirty.

When Amara starts running to Zao, it says "Finally, she starting running". That should be 'started'.

Span around? That doesn't sound right (I'd say spun around), but I think that is a regional thing.

Using those quotes that have been in the Movelist Extra Chapter forever? Well that's cool. But I'm going to be that guy and point out that you changed Richard's, Roger's, Tara's, Matthew's, Karl's, and Zao's. There's nothing wrong with the new ones, but it defeats the purpose of setting them up if they are changed.

A bit nit-picky, but you don't pronounce the letter 'h' in Ethan as an individual letter. So, when Ethan here's the others calling his name, he should probably hear either '...than' or '...an'.

Killing thousands of shadows with the power of friendship? Yep, seems like Persona. Also a cool scene.

God, Janus had to say tenacious. Now I want to listen to Tenacious D. Actually not a bad band for a climax.

And so the Eternal Road finally arrives. And it is great!

Great final battle. Kind of sad to see this end, even if there is one chapter left.
if you do a bonus segment theres a god called omoteotl [smt based] that calls itself lord of duality, it could be a secret boss or persona that boss uses
Anonymous chapter 99 . 5/19
Bet Nyarlahotep's throwing one hell of a tantrum right now.
CurioOfTheHeart chapter 98 . 5/14
'I'm not that evil'? Lies, I read chapter 75.

When Adam is having his freak-out, he says "a purple tornado of some time" instead of "a purple tornado of some kind" (Assuming 'of some time' isn't a phrase I'm unfamiliar with and he's saying 'It's been a purple tornado for a while'; on a more nit-picky side-note, vortex probably fits better than tornado since tornado has a connotation of wind).

Weird the attacks are named after benevolent deities, I'm assuming that is to represent the fact that Janus thinks it's doing the right thing.

I'm also assuming it's just because of evolving and not fully-planned out symbolism and plot threads, but the Roman Janus stands out oddly among all of the Persian symbolism.

I kind of like how you stopped referring to the Other World's version of the main four as Other Amara, Other Serena, Other Blaine, and Other Nathan. Helps show the unity of the two worlds. Although it does make things a bit confusing when it goes from Amara's group to Amara's group.

Was the name of the third seal said? I don't remember it being said, but I might have just looked over it.

Wait, what's with all the bold when Janus used Eternity ~ Erasure? For most of the chapter, it's used to show Janus speaking or powerful attacks, but there is a big section just in bold.

Since the 's' is part of their name, I don't think Janus' is correct. The same way you would use Dennis's and not Dennis'. I think using an apostrophe right after an s is for plurals that end in an s. An object belonging to dogs that belong to James is James's dogs' thing, for example.

After Last Elixir is used, it says that "It broke upon," and is missing a word.

Of course it wasn't the last fight, there are two chapters left and you can only do so much for an epilogue. And anyone constantly googling the symbolism could've called it being Ahura Mazda coming from a mile away. Still, at least it makes sense.

Ahura Mazda says that 'Apologies wound ring hollow' instead of would.

The fight...got a bit predictable once the doors started dying. It also felt a bit like a rehash of the final Ater Vox battles. At least next chapter we finally get an Everyone against one giant, godly monstrosity fight.
Number13teen chapter 97 . 4/14
This was a cool, nice and long chapter. Impressive. Even during the final battle, Persona Users still have time to engage in witty banter.
I've been playing Devil Survivor Overclocked and there are some moments where I wish I could've ended an enemies life because they tend to come back to bite me back in a later battle. Oh no you destroyed my comp, let's get another!
I'm not a big fan of SMT x FE. It could've been so much more, but judging from the trailer it looked something I'd overlook.
CurioOfTheHeart chapter 97 . 4/13
And so Janus pulls a "This isn't even my final form"...again. At least they're a nice, patient sociopath and allows his enemies to get ready to kill him.

Well thanks for sending me back to Google so I know what these names mean. Although, from my quick research, it seems that Spentra Armaita should be Spenta Armaiti.

"Yeah! Magic, bitch!" That is an amazing line. Just amazing.

And an angel flipping someone the bird, that's pretty funny too. Have I mentioned how much I love the Holy Cross? They are great characters in both worlds and both have a good team mechanic with themselves and the others.

"Sammy-recarmed"? By this point, I think Blaine may be purposefully not learning these names.

I never noticed that they never brought up Matthew's fate to Other Matthew. Not sure why they thought they could hide something from a detective, but it's understandable why they hid it.

Well that is an amazing fight so far. Lots going on without being impossible to keep track of. Part of me can't wait to see how this ends, part of me is sad that this is almost over.
this is getting exciting, wonder what Janus's final form will be?