Reviews for Life's Chapters
K.E.Alvarez chapter 44 . 4/26
Awww, this was so cute!
MissJenca chapter 44 . 4/26
Oh my god! This is wonderful and fabulous and makes so much SENSE! I adore this, and it makes me happy. Althoguh, that also more than doubles Chopper's age, but I mind very little. XD
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 39 . 4/24
Robin is going to get a lot of use out of macabre (which is actually a French loan word, hence the -re at the end).

I have to admit, I am in the same boat. I read (a lot) but sometimes I don't even bother trying to figure out how words are pronounced. This has gotten much better now that I've taken up studying languages as a hobby, but I still occasionally find out that I've been pronouncing a word wrong in my head for a long time. :)

Incidentally, both of your other possibilities are also loan words (from French and Italian respectively) so I think it's easier to forgive not being able to pronounce them right. :)
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 40 . 4/24
I agree, Brook and Robin really do need to interact more. And this is a perfect image of the mother talking with the eccentric old grandfather. Well done!
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 43 . 4/24
You are 100% right about forcing events into AU's. This is much more creative than a play for play of an arc. But you did both an excellent job of keeping the spirit of the story and at the same time telling it like it's new.
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 37 . 4/23
This is a VERY good adaptation to the school genre. I wish there was a bit more of the rest of the gang but still what you have here is pretty much what I picture happening.

You touch on something here and in a few of the other stories that I always like. The family you CHOOSE is so much stronger than the one you can't choose.
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 36 . 4/23
I half expected Nami to call her out on the "Miss Navigator" thing.

Chopper's apology is as sweet as the cotton candy he loves.

Franky's apology is (imho) the best of the bunch. And he's right, she IS a strange woman. But that's part of her charm.

Sanji can be almost as cute as Chopper when he's flustered. You captured it very well.

Yeah, it's a real pity she couldn't meet Nosesopp, I mean Sogeking. But it's good to know her message will get through.

This is exactly how I picture this meeting going. And he's right. This is the point where she went from riding the boat to being one of them.

Luffy's bit reminds me of a quote from C.S. Lewis. "...such a man as tourists think simple because he is honest and neighbors think 'deep' for the same reason." (The Great Divorce) I feel like that's Luffy in a nutshell.
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 35 . 4/23
I wouldn't call Zoro a rabid dog on a leash. More like a bloodthirsty, vicious attack dog on a leash.
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 33 . 4/23
Somehow I think the phrase would be "A berri for your thoughts?" instead of a penny.

I'm really enjoying these 5 AU things. You should compile them all in chronological order somewhere so they can be read as complete stories. Unless you've already done that and I just haven't gotten there yet.
Son of Whitebeard chapter 43 . 4/22
great AU universe
BlatantBookworm chapter 17 . 4/20
This is neat. My favourite was the Aokiji/Robin teamup.
BlatantBookworm chapter 14 . 4/20
This is really interesting. I love it.
BlatantBookworm chapter 12 . 4/20
This is well done, and beautifully written. I love the nakamaship.
BlatantBookworm chapter 41 . 4/20
This is really well written and perfectly done.
And also, I love your subtle 'Arkham' reference about an island of anarchy.
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 22 . 4/16
I must admit, that second bit is quite chilling. A very "nice" picture of what would happen if Robin had lived down to her name. I don't think the World Government knows how lucky it is.

So on that last one, do you think Chopper is going to leave with Ace and Robin because Robin thinks Chopper is cute?

I feel like I'm a horrible person for this, but I think you were too kind. All 5 have happy endings (the second one is a bit of a twisted happy ending, but still). It feels like you should have had at least one end badly for her. On the other hand, you were probably just trying to wrap everything up, so it's all good.
233 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »