Reviews for Life's Chapters
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 45 . 4/30
Considering they were run by an idiot (or at least the father of a total idiot), yes I do think they have missed an unauthorized boat in open water.

I've always wondered why Aokiji would give an idiot like him a Buster Call, but this makes much more sense.
Tracer28 chapter 45 . 4/29
I agree, the ice admiral has always been a confusing figure ever since he appeared with Robin... but despite that, I actually like his character
I agree. I'loved Strong World, but Movie Z is even better.

And Kuzan...I really wonder what he's been doing in these last two years. He's really an enigmatic figure. Sometimes I find him as morally ambiguous as Dragon.
John Spangler chapter 44 . 4/28
First, let me tell you what an amazing chapter this is. The idea is a little bizarre, but cute. It would be interesting to see how things would develop in this AU.

Second, compliments for having reached all these reviews.
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 44 . 4/28
ALL the cotton candy could not be this sweet! I must say, you did a much better thing with this prompt than what I had in mind!

Also, now it is OFFICIALLY cannon that Hiraluk and Clover are brothers. OK, fine, HALF-brothers, happy now Clover?

ALSO also, thanks to Majin Hentai X, Arther D. Barbasol is now a thing and must be inserted into every One Piece fan fiction as the explanation for why no ones hairstyle changes and are always so weird.
Stelra Etnae chapter 44 . 4/27
This was adorable. It's so nice to think about how these two would be able to grow up with a friend their own age in this verse. Their such sweethearts, and I can just imagine them poring over books day after day, in their own little world. :3
Majin Hentai X chapter 44 . 4/27
I really wish that could have happened in canon. But those 5 years make it impossible.

and do look close enough to be bros or they visit the same traveling barber.

That could be a story itself Arther D. Barbasol his dream is to bring truly unique hairstyles to all the world and put an end to bowlcuts and ahoges.
K.E.Alvarez chapter 44 . 4/26
Awww, this was so cute!
MissJenca chapter 44 . 4/26
Oh my god! This is wonderful and fabulous and makes so much SENSE! I adore this, and it makes me happy. Althoguh, that also more than doubles Chopper's age, but I mind very little. XD
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 39 . 4/24
Robin is going to get a lot of use out of macabre (which is actually a French loan word, hence the -re at the end).

I have to admit, I am in the same boat. I read (a lot) but sometimes I don't even bother trying to figure out how words are pronounced. This has gotten much better now that I've taken up studying languages as a hobby, but I still occasionally find out that I've been pronouncing a word wrong in my head for a long time. :)

Incidentally, both of your other possibilities are also loan words (from French and Italian respectively) so I think it's easier to forgive not being able to pronounce them right. :)
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 40 . 4/24
I agree, Brook and Robin really do need to interact more. And this is a perfect image of the mother talking with the eccentric old grandfather. Well done!
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 43 . 4/24
You are 100% right about forcing events into AU's. This is much more creative than a play for play of an arc. But you did both an excellent job of keeping the spirit of the story and at the same time telling it like it's new.
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 37 . 4/23
This is a VERY good adaptation to the school genre. I wish there was a bit more of the rest of the gang but still what you have here is pretty much what I picture happening.

You touch on something here and in a few of the other stories that I always like. The family you CHOOSE is so much stronger than the one you can't choose.
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 36 . 4/23
I half expected Nami to call her out on the "Miss Navigator" thing.

Chopper's apology is as sweet as the cotton candy he loves.

Franky's apology is (imho) the best of the bunch. And he's right, she IS a strange woman. But that's part of her charm.

Sanji can be almost as cute as Chopper when he's flustered. You captured it very well.

Yeah, it's a real pity she couldn't meet Nosesopp, I mean Sogeking. But it's good to know her message will get through.

This is exactly how I picture this meeting going. And he's right. This is the point where she went from riding the boat to being one of them.

Luffy's bit reminds me of a quote from C.S. Lewis. "...such a man as tourists think simple because he is honest and neighbors think 'deep' for the same reason." (The Great Divorce) I feel like that's Luffy in a nutshell.
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 35 . 4/23
I wouldn't call Zoro a rabid dog on a leash. More like a bloodthirsty, vicious attack dog on a leash.
270 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »