Reviews for A Deal with the Devil
Silverwind Fara chapter 7 . 5/18
Yay. Awesome story.
F.E.Lin78 chapter 7 . 12/21/2012
Poor Alfred...reality throwing him a big curve ball. Comparing his fantasy with the real event of his first kiss was priceless. Glad to see there's more to this storyline
F.E.Lin78 chapter 6 . 12/20/2012
"Do you know why you can't win? Because you play fair, and I don't." Loved this! :)
And the kiss..."painful and exquisite at the same time..." Lovely choice of words. Very much enjoying your writing style.
F.E.Lin78 chapter 5 . 12/20/2012
Exciting! Some beautiful descriptions too. I loved this phrase: "Scary didn't even begin to describe what he was." Also enjoyed reading about Herbert, he is a fun character to write, he kinda just takes over a scene :)
F.E.Lin78 chapter 4 . 12/20/2012
Ah, the plot thickens! Poor Alfred. I like how you 'hung a lantern' on his crazy decision to walk in the graveyard, "...it was something Alfred should have known." Nice writing style & you have a good grasp of POV. I found a few typos... Are you still editing your stories? I can PM you with what I found if you'd like.
F.E.Lin78 chapter 3 . 12/20/2012
Nice to see Alfred has a spark of fire. And I like how he pushed a hot button with Krolock with his snappy question "Do you like it, then?" Awesome. In regards to a comment you made at the beginning of chapter two about similar themes in the TdV fics (the 'belonging, marking' idea): it is the nature of the beast that similar ideas will be shared by writers who are working from the same template and writing about the same characters. What's interesting is how each author portrays the characters & spins the themes in their story/stories.
Nice character depiction so far :)
F.E.Lin78 chapter 2 . 12/20/2012
Cue creepy suspenseful music, LOL! Oh Alfred, Alfred, what the heck are you thinking?
F.E.Lin78 chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
Thoughtful start. I like how you present Alfed's reasoning & motivations. It helps establish his character & the kind of man he is, & the moral structure he lives by.
spiel chapter 5 . 6/9/2012
Whee thank you so much for the update :D
spiel chapter 4 . 6/7/2012
Aww, Krolock locking the door pretty much screams "I don't trust you anymore" :(
spiel chapter 3 . 6/5/2012
Sarah sure wouldn't have minded, but I agree that Krolock seems to suffer quite a bit from bein immortal.

Thanks a lot for the update!
spiel chapter 2 . 6/3/2012
Huh, what? Why is the chapter already ending?

I need more to feed my obsession xD

But yeah, lovely update!

And yes, it did change the feeling of having read this somewhere before ;)
The Moonlily chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
spiel: Really? Do you mean, as in another story by some other writer?

Well, let's hope the rest doesn't read like that.
spiel chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
That's weird, I feel like I've read this before .