Reviews for Dames & Broads, Witches & Wizards
jabarber69 chapter 2 . 12/3/2012
okay my last review phone rang thought from notes that this was just something floating around in your head and it was oneshot after I pushed that little ole button I noticed there was a chapter 2...woa be me or whatever...nice little story though wierd, cool but wierd...nice way of him talking to himself but you did leave it kinda hanging...
jabarber69 chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
interesting ideal and approach, I wish you would continue this...I would like to see where you take it...plus the talking to himself is really cool as is what he is saying...
reader1writer1 chapter 2 . 8/19/2012
Well, I guess we'll never know what happened. but i do understand about the style.
reader1writer1 chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
this is funny-cute...I like the way you've got it going.
sambrooke chapter 2 . 7/13/2012
While reading it, I imagined it as a black-and-white film. The story has the right atmosphere.

It's shame you found it too difficult to write. The second chapter doesn't really give us the nameless detective's conclusion, making it similar to an abandoned experiment.

Good try thought.
Elliot Green chapter 2 . 6/23/2012
I thought this was very clever, it's a style you don't often see in this world. And I thought you did a stand up job keeping him in character. I've written things (badly), I know how difficult it can be.
Wizco chapter 2 . 6/12/2012
You could always use this as a prologue and then continue the story from Harry's perspective. You've given us a bit of a view into the greyer areas of the wizarding world (the boxing, to name one) and I'd love to see you explore it with Harry.

About the story: as you said, the first chapter is the superior, but I liked the second one as well. Nameless did indeed have the feel of a thirties' private eye and his dark outlook on the world was oddly ammusing.

One error: It'd seen way too much sky, out on stakeouts waiting for some pieces of shit to close on their businesses.

- Shouldn't this be "I'd seen way..." or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Wizco
twistyguru chapter 2 . 6/4/2012
Nice ending, regardless.

Sometimes the must just goes on vacation.
twistyguru chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
lol

Yep, it's a borderline noir parody, so what?

I can imagine it's a hard style to write; I've tried it a couple of times and given it up as a bad job.

Fun, though.
Shinigami chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
This reminds me of one of those old-fashioned mystery films. Or something out of a dime novel. Would love to see the fallout, and what Harry decided to do next.
trongod chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
Thought that this caught the whole genre excellently. Spillane, Hammet, all those sorts; even some of the Doc Savage, Shadow, Avenger series writers.

personally, i want your Muses to know that I have all sorts of cookies, dark chocolate, alcohol, and other amusing items for them if they get you to add on this...
catsim1953 chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
Wow, what an interesting read. I feel that you did well with that style, and I can understand how hard it would be to keep it up. After all, that style would have been common eighty years ago, and easy to slip into, then. You, however, did it very well. Kudos.

Have you thought about turning it around and giving us Harry's point of view? Show us the fall out from this dick's actions on the Headmaster and Snape? Show us Harry's education with the aptly named blood drinker?

Anyway, thank you for this story.

Cathy
Wonderbee31 chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
An interesting shot there, and was fun to hear Bogie's voice in my head as I read this LOL.
stonegnome1 chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
Too bad you find the style hard to write. Interesting. I was a bit suprised it did not post as a one shot.