Reviews for Elementary, My Dear Potter: Part 2
I rarely review chapter 2 . 6/13/2012
But having read all you have available for this series (of stories so far) I had to review. You have taken all my spare time for the last 3 weeks. Your writing is both riveting and extremely well thought out.

In all honesty, I think you have created the most believable/accurate histories of our dear Severus that I have read in fan fiction, that really exemplifies who he is and how his personality came to be.

Your characters are well rounded and believable. You set the scenes without under or over describing things and the emotion you create is very true and honest. The plot is interesting but the history was a little much for me personally, I was terrible at history in school because I can't memorize things, I'm great at math though... Again, the plot, didn't seem over...(can't think of a word...) You didn't have to stretch the plot to make things fit, they just did, everything just works. I love the interaction between Hagrid and Snape... all of it... I just loved it. I like how you did Dumbledore, You made him more human, he wasn't evil or overly saintly, he made mistakes and felt bad about them.

In A Difference in the Family I cried... a lot... which is actually pretty hard to do unless it is from extreme laughter...

You, as a writer, are ... gah I can't even think of a word. I would pay for your books and seeing as how I am a giant cheep skate means I love your stuff so much I'd pay for it! I want you to have my money because you're so awesome! I'm like that with music and movies too. I own 11 Dvds and probably only 25 books (that aren't instructional) due to stinginess of my $$$. Again, you're that awesome.

I am now ready to wait for the next chapters as they come.

If I ever met you I'd love to shake your hand!

Fantastic!
iwright chapter 2 . 6/5/2012
Looks as though all those years of occlumency, repression, and trauma are catching up.
Alethea27 chapter 2 . 6/2/2012
Another great chapter! I'm glad everything turned out all right for Gillian, but not so great for Russ/Severus. It will be interesting to see how Hagrid and Madam Pomfrey work to get him reintergrated and whose personality, Russ or Severus will be the main one because he is sort of like a split personality. Please update soon!
Hwyla chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
I'm sorry I haven't reviewed before. For some reason I thought you didn't take anonymous reviews. My bad!

I want to tell you just how much I have enjoyed these stories. I'm afraid I read them out-of-order, but I am just as glad I did. For some reason I didn't like the sound of the first story and started when 'Elementary1' came up - and I just adored it, so I had to go backwards, then read all your others as well/

I have even reread them all once through while hoping this story would eventually show. I'm thrilled that it now has. Keep it up! Great work! - Hwyla
Divvie chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
Oh, lovely, a new story! :)

Now, so much food for thought, so where do I start?

3 different personalities and attitudes: Russ seems a bit whimpish in the beginning, Severus seems rather cold-hearted (for real, not as a snarky act) and the Professor is well, competent but ineffectually Snapish.

Guess who I like best, lol.

They seem interlinked but in flux, so I am wondering how you will resolve this personality split. Obviously, something will have to give. I would love the Professor to be reunited with a physical body but atm it just seems to be some mental connection, right?

So, let's look at the traumas: The Professor has his death trauma to deal with and his incorporeal state; Severus is the cynical part who has blocked all trauma; he's the part that has been refusing to reintegrate his memories, hasn't he? Or was Russ the driving part there? Either way, Russ is now exhausted and traumatized by the train crash triage. Compound post-traumatic stress, anyone? Gillian should try to speed up her training, although she should be way out of her league with a mental patient like that ...

So, I hope Poppy has some good ideas :)

Love the Doctor Who references, as always, ofc :D

Oh, and please be nice to poor Severus! He needs to feel the love, poor guy!

I am very much looking forward to your continuation of this story :)
Alethea27 chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
Great chapter! I hope Russ can find a way to get Hugh to London. Maybe he can call Harry, Ginny, George, or Ron for help or possibly his former roomate, Paul. I hope nothings happened to Gillian and I hope Russ doesn't go to pieces so to speak. Please update soon!
BlueWater5 chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
Nice story development! I really like Russ...
BlueWater5 chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
I'm glad you've started a new story! I hope you'll have frequent updates. I'd love more scenes of Professor Snape, perhaps of him teaching. Does he have help out with DADA?
23 | « Prev Page 1 2