Reviews for The Invasion Grows
Darkwarrior1010 chapter 10 . 3/9
Please continue this! A hiatus on a good story like this actually pains me...

I read all twelve chapters and I must say thank you for writing a squid girl story that seems to have some degree of seriousness and depth to Squid Girl that the show and some of these stories seem to lack.

Although the beginning was good and mysterious it's been loosing its... It's... The same feeling that was present in the beginning, like that one scene in the beginning where Squiddie murmurs about her past to herself. I really enjoyed it, I also like the idea of finding out more about Squid Girl's past.

A overall pretty good story in an extremely small fandom. Please don't forget this story and come back to it someday.
Person chapter 5 . 1/7
Are we going to learn more about ?
ULTRADJ4EVER chapter 12 . 11/4/2013
Okay, I've caught up now, and I have to add some things since my last review. The idea of Ika being half human, well, I won't say it's good or bad, I'm neutral on the subject. I can deal with it since it's your story. I did read those two chapters of Kanabe's diary, and if I was following your story, I don't think I would've like the idea of that fic because, well, it seems boring to me. I read them, and well, it's okay I guess, just don't too sappy on the story. As for her bracelets being devices, I kinda liked it when it was just another natural squid ability, but the way you did it made it nessaccary for your story, so it's okay. I like to share my ideas to, but I've created like, a lot of stuff for arcs and many slice of life chapters I'm better off doing my own story instead of barging you with my ideas and having two writers with different ideas on the line. Well, I think that's it for now, I have to thank you for doing this fic, because I wanted to do a fic kinda similar to this, excepts there will be a lot of fish hybrids, sea warlords, and stuff ranging from the paranormal to psychic abilities. If you want to know more, or just want to get back at me for my stupidity, IM me, if you dare. XD
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 12 . 10/21/2013
Caught up and I must say I'm quite impressed with the quality of this story! I thought Satsuki would be a more villainous character, but she was just a hungry girl; she's actually pretty cool when she's not trying to eat you...and mocking your weakness...and being unpleasant... but not unlikeable. By the way, Ika was awesome defeating her. The snowball war was interesting, good for bonding and stuff, and, while I still have to read your other story, you created an interesting setting. I'll be definitely following this story, keep going!
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 4 . 10/21/2013
Hm, it seems that things are going to get a darker turn, her overpowering Chizuru was unexpected. Granted Ikamusume, or Isume, was just goofing around, and Satsuki (funny how there is a villain named Satsuki in a series I'm watching) is an indication that things got real. Also, I did like that Chizuru tried to fight back by punching her nose (I think Satsuki could be a little more disoriented).

At first I considered Ikamusume to be a sea youkai, I even made a crossover with Touhou based on this theory, but your theory that someone is making Ocean Walkers is interesting. Keep going!
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 2 . 10/21/2013
I'm liking this story so far, it really feels like that you use the humor of the series in good use. The writing here is good, I mean, good language and you don't switch PoVs, that's a really good thing! And you brought chibi-Ika as her little sister!
ULTRADJ4EVER chapter 6 . 10/19/2013
I forgot to mention one thing from the last review. I've read the manga and watched the anime, and not once have I seen or heard Ika say "squidding" or "thanks a tentacle " and the like. I don't know why the fans do that, but it's just not right.
ULTRADJ4EVER chapter 5 . 10/19/2013
Okay, I wanted to do this after reading all chapters, but I have to do this now. This isn't a bad story, it's far from it with the ideas presented, but there are some major holes that keep me from getting me sucked in, and I want to address them now. Now, I want you to remember, this is a review, I don't say how good the story is with one liners like most, I actually review stories by giving out positives and negatives. So I'm sorry if you get offended, that's not my intention, I'm just being a critic. Okay, now, for the good things, Ika having a name. I really like that idea of her actually having a name. I also like the idea of her having a little sister, it's cute. And bringing in more fish with powers is a nice addition too. You are one of the few, if only, fan fiction authors in this site that explore what's beyond in the ocean and what other creatures lurk, something I plan to do in the future as well. Now, here come the negatives so just bear with me. You said in one chapter that Chizuru isn't super human, just a human as well. Well, you're wrong, plain and simple. The manga and anime portrays her as being super human, and she is super human no matter what. It's an undeniable fact that she just is. Another thing is the chapters are on the short side. I'm not saying make a novel a chapter, but making them a little longer would be an improvement. Another thing is the lack of description in some areas. When explaining certain action sequences and events, it's good to have as much detail as possible. Oh, and also, Ika, or Isumi, whichever you prefer, is not stronger than Chizuru. Granted, she is strong, but not that strong unless you plan to be it that way, but not right away. These are some complaints I have so far of the story, I still have to finish it, though it might be a little hard for me to admittedly. If you want to discuss more, reply or message me if you feel like, but this is how I feel and needed to be addressed.
ULTRADJ4EVER chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
I'm going to be honest here, I haven't read this yet because I have to study the manga and tv anime myself before doing so. It looks like a promising story, and not so coincidentally, I hope to write my own fiction of the series when I study it more. I'll read yours when the time comes, and I hope you'll do the same for me.
bobbyskaggs0711 chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
squid girl has a sister!
godzilla90fan chapter 12 . 7/18/2013
ya i love this story
Azure Xuchilbara chapter 12 . 7/17/2013
I am very happy to see an update to your squidtastic story..!

Coincidentally, I just finished watching the 2nd OVA of the second season and all I have to say that you should watch it if you haven't...

My idea for progression happens to be at the end of that OVA in the form of an unexpected presence thanks to Ika-chan...

Kudos on this one, and I am looking forward to seeing the next chapter...Ah, and I do have a few ideas that are original, but it would not fit with this arc (And the fact that it is a 'yuri romance' involving certain female characters in the show)..
Jamie38459 chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
Kanabe-san? I wonder what that girl means...

Great job so far, looking forward to what happens next :)
Azure Xuchilbara chapter 11 . 2/15/2013
I was wondering when Kiyomi would show up...Haha, Sanae is arguably my favorite character in the entire show namely because she is such a tragic character who's love and feelings will never be returned by our beloved squid invader (since her heart belongs to Eiko and Kiyomi already)...

That said I am looking forward to the antics of the three stooges and Satsuki's little revenge on Ika-chan...Kudos on another gesorific chapter..!
Sky EXE chapter 10 . 2/12/2013
Ahhh, I've been waiting for an update to this fic for a while now. It's nice to know that you're still amongst the living (LOL).

Anyways, as far as I can tell, there are no grammar errors that need to be corrected.

Oh, and that was some creative thinking about how the turrets represent two of the three people needed to capture a "soldier". I never would have thought of that.

So far, so god. Keep it up!