Reviews for Reference Material
AspergianStoryteller chapter 1 . 9/16
: - D
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
["I think I'd remember your face…] and [Besides, I recognize your face] sort of contradict each other. Since the context of the first one is specific for Yusei’s first time visit to the library, it might be better to say something like “I’d remember seeing you here (in the library)”

["Oh," said Yusei, feeling slightly chastened. That would teach him to think everyone had been paying attention to him. ] – lol, and we know how little Yusei’s ego is…particularly compared to Jack.

You do give Yusei’s attraction to the library a rather innocent (child-like really) feel. He reminds me of a little kid getting a new toy and playing with it for the first time. Considering the material at the beginning with your context building, it provides a really nice contrast and a chance for Yusei to just relax and find some of the finer points of his own life.

Oh dear, I hope he brought a backpack or something. I don’t think D-wheels come with in-built trunks and it sounded like he had some pretty heavy books.

I'm surprised Yusei didn't confirm whether the papers Ruby gave were to borrow or keep; the way she says it sounds like to keep, but it is a library so it would have been a good idea on Yusei's part to check that.
Diclonious57 chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
love the story yusei is so cute!
Forever here chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
That was really cute! I've always imagined how our heroes would react to their new surroundings. Yusei seemed really in character and it was sweet of Ruby to bring up his parents' works. A real gem!
FanficFemale chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Very nicely done. I liked that Yusei was in character and that this situation could have definitely happened in the show. I really enjoyed this piece here.
LadyRosalie29 chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
Why did I not see this before? I actually like it from beginning to end. Yusei's character is perfect and I like how at first, he has some doubts of going in the library but he goes in anyway. While reading this, I saw everything; the library, Rubi, Yusei's fascination for the books. Those little details and description that you wrote really helped me see what's going on in the story. Awesome job! :)
AnimeKiwi369 chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
This isn't what I expected. I thought this would be a humorous story that wouldn't have Yusei in character at all. But this was really well done. It's good to know that there are still fans that write serious fanfiction. I also liked the bit of Ruby knowing Yusei's parents.

I enjoyed reading this. Keep up the writing and fantastic job! :D

Valerianna chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
This was a lovely one shot, and especially important to me because I practically grew up in a library. My mom is a librarian and I spent most of my high school years in the library studying studying studying, and also I've worked in the library for quite a while, so I am familiar with the dewy decimal system.. etc.

I truly appreciate this piece, it's wonderful, especially your description of Yusei. I love him as a character and his personality. You are right on the spot. Thank you for this wonderful story.
esch chapter 1 . 6/1/2012