Reviews for Famous fairy tales revisited: the Sleeping Beauty
Loony chapter 5 . 12/23/2012
Ok, sorry to tell you but there're a few things that bother me about this. a) your ANs are far too long, so I skip them just like everyone else. If you want to add something to your fic, try to fit it into the fic! Furthermore, no one's interested in your ramblings about whatever-it-was-again. ANs are nice if they provide background info but if you want to tell something about your plans or something, do so on your profile. b) acknowledge other authors' work if you borrow an idea. That's what most authors do, you know? c) using fairy tales is just about the oldest trick in the box. If done well, it's still a good read. Sadly, yours doesn't fall into that category. d) you seem to like your OCs much which isn't wrong but try to remember that people read fanfiction because it's FANfiction, meaning they want to read about the characters from the novel/movie/etc. This could've been much better from Damien's perspective. e) I'm not a native speaker and it shows, I know, but try to improve your grammar.
Sometimes I wonder what became of this fandom, where did the good people go, like KagedTiger f.e... *sighs* Loony
blackdragonsghost chapter 5 . 12/9/2012
Ah, finally got a chance to read this. Beautiful, absolutely gorgeous. I feel... just /satisfied/. That feeling you get after a nice big meal, when you just kind of sink back into your chair and feel like you could just melt from contentment? Yeah, that's pretty much the state that this chapter reduced me to. Sweet and kind of fluffy yet still very much in-character, plus that delicious little hit of Karril-ness I've been needing. I just /basked/ in it. Fear not, my friend, a Christmas fic (or two!) is headed your way. Posting coming soon!

P.S. I do so enjoy your author's notes, getting glimpses of your thought processes. It's delightful and yet just a little unsettling - like looking in the mirror and seeing your reflection waving when your arm's not moving. Cool, but a bit... odd.

P.P.S. Prepare for a whole lot of fic coming your way. Coldfire is the only fandom I still have steady inspiration for these days, so I'm writing like a demon.

P.P.P.S. Better hope that Star Trek crossover starts writing itself quickly. I've got a CF/Doctor Who germinating in my brain. Still, I suppose it's all for the best - we definitely need more crossovers. (And David Tennant's insanely hot, so... yeah. One word. Mmm.)

P.P.P.P.S. Diablo. Santa Hat.
silvereyedbitch chapter 5 . 12/8/2012
Awesome! And sequels are always nice, but I'll devour anything with these two in it that you throw at me. I'm easy to please! Love the bit about Vryce's features kind of flashing over Darren's momentarily. It adds a kind of eeriness to the scene. Who's to say we aren't all just recycled souls at some point in time until reaching our final task? And this would be Vryce's final task in that he awakens Gerald from eternal sleep. I wonder, if this series continued on... Would Darren become more Vryce-like due to his closer association with Gerald now, or would Gerald eventually adapt to the "new" aspects of "Vryce's" personality/soul?
As for suggestions on setting up encounters in this new world for Gerald...heehee. How about Gerald's first encounter with a telemarketer or aggressive salesperson? OMG! I'm laughing already! Or maybe a first trip to a sex toy shop? Oh God, too funny, battery operated hilariousness! But, as I said before, I would take anything you could toss my way about this series, so it could just be those two looking at new dishrags, and I'd still read it thoroughly!
silvereyedbitch chapter 4 . 11/13/2012
OMG! Laughed so hard at the end! Loved the roses, my dear. What a nice way to wake up, eh? Don't get too overwhelmed by your noncompensating promotion, honey. I'm looking forward to any of the future editions to your stories that you choose to throw at me!
blackdragonsghost chapter 4 . 11/13/2012
...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!... I'm sorry, Morgana can't come to review right now, as her brain has been overloaded with pure fangirl fodder. Please leave a message after the tone.

OH GOD! SO PERFECT! Oh, Hobgoblin, you really are too much. I can't believe you worked that line in there! And... god, where do I start? The imagery, the pacing, the love scene, EVERYTHING about Gerald - it's perfect! Just plain perfect! I'm sorry to hear you've got more work for no more pay, but I'm definitely glad that you got this chapter out: I'm currently suffering from the dreadful plague that is sweeping the Okanagan Valley, and this was far more effective than the antibiotics in making me feel better. Thank you thank you thank you, this was beautiful!
WereBunny87 chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Ooooo I liked it! Great job!
blackdragonsghost chapter 3 . 7/25/2012
As Damien would say - vulking hell! Man you're good! I'm waiting on tenterhooks here: this is so wonderful. I absolutely loved Karril's reaction when he realized who "Darren" was. And poor Anderson! He just can't quite figure it out, can he? Heh heh, Gerald's going to flip when he realizes how long it took for Damien to come back and wake him up. "What the f***, Vryce, what exactly have you been doing all these years?" Can't wait for the next chapter!
Guest chapter 2 . 7/4/2012
Nice work but the whole 'hereditary heart anomaly' thing for Andris you surely got from Shadowy Star's 'Survivals' so maybe you have to acknowledge it was someone else's idea.
Saris
Herdcat chapter 2 . 6/24/2012
yay more story! Narilka's journal win! also it would be just like Tarrant to kill a bad actor even from a cursed sleep so that he will not have to deal with his character being butchered on film!
blackdragonsghost chapter 2 . 6/22/2012
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! I think I just shattered a window! OMG, this is SO GOOD! My roommate thinks I've gone crazy because I'm cackling like a mad person and squealing like a pig, but OMG! Oh, this is fantastic! I'm absolutely dying for more! Oh great, now I'm hyperventilating... gah! Why oh why did you have to come up with this wonderful idea first? All my years of sketching Coldfire plots, and I never once thought of reincarnation! God I'm an idiot sometimes... please please please write more soon! Eep! I've succumbed to fangirl mania! (Please excuse me, I need to go stick my head in a sink full of cold water now...)
Herdcat chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
oooh this was cool - I liked the idea that it was actually Saris who persuaded Andrys - are u planning to continue it?
blackdragonsghost chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Yay! More new Coldfire fics - ones that I'm not writing myself! I love your work - my very favorite is "A Symphony of Fire and Ice". It's just SO them! Really promising start here: I look forward to seeing more soon. Kudos on having a great understanding of the characters you're working with, by the way: I've noticed that no matter what plot you use, Gerald and Damien are always perfectly in character. Two thumbs up from a fellow Coldfire slasher!