Reviews for The Seventy Seventh Hunger Games: The First
SibunaMockingjay chapter 10 . 3/22
Dying...due to no updates...WHERE ARE YOU MYRTLE?
Ariana Gomez ;
You have this awesome style i love it
Silverquill711 chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
Hehe… Hello Myrtle. You know who I am. MWAHAHA Ha ha…ha…ha.

Anyway, good story I have never actually read it through, but now that I did 'twas amazing. :3
Your words are good. Huh, I must not be feeling very creative because all I can come up with is, "Your words are good." Whatever.
Author-chama chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
Asdflknenvojfndnidnfneodnceocnoojsmdlmckskcnncndis jsncoisnsmcisnsmkcjdmcmfnsnaijdncosnd

Words cannot describe my emotions at the moment in time. You are now my goal. See? Look at you. I am mentally setting a little tiny figure of you on top of a tall white pedestal. Which I now have to climb. *by the way you could stand to be shorter.* see look at me I am going to go start climbing this thing.

Ok I've said that. I think I'm good now.

And now I make this all relevant.

You're writing is really, really good. I actually feel like I'm reading a book. I zoned out as one does in reading books. (Heheheheheheheh I remember when you zoned out a little too much and woke up with a book on your face }:D ) Said zoning out (not the sleep zoning out, the first of the zoning outs mentioned wherein one is relatively awake and not on their bedroom floor) is what I have been struggling to accomplish while reading/editing my own story. I've not been ale to do this yet. But hopefully I can and you are now my example, idol, sempai, stop growing darn you, leader, sensei, etc. which ever you choose. (Though I suggest you pledge with full devotion to the 4th one :P )

Great descriptions. While reading this, I was imagining the reactions on the other end of the camera, from the districts. The way you wrote her speech and her character was great. The words she was saying built up the tension you knew was happening in all the other districts. You could hear the thoughts every one but the Capitol was thinking, 'please no please no please no' the dread they felt in all their hearts, tears welling up in some people's eyes while others shut down in despair or anger, each reaction similar yet different, but the core emotion in each of them the same sense of dread. The nightmare gripping fear, the chill. And the way she spoke strung out this entire thing, with some people losing hope from the beginning and a little on the way, but a lot of people still choosing not to believe it until she said straight out.

I kinda relived what you wrote as I typed this up and since I zoned out and just let the words travel straight from my mind to the keyboard, it probably doesn't make any sense at all. Hopefully you get what I am trying to say.

Ill check out the next chapter soon! ;) but I need to go start climbing xD
piratelvr35 chapter 10 . 7/1/2013
another great chapter! can't wait for more!
Quicquidlibet chapter 10 . 6/14/2013
I think the portrayal was fantastic, considering how you lost the submission and I completely forgot every detail except for the fact that I submitted to district 8. And even if we hadn't done those silly things, it was still fantastic.
Kelland chapter 10 . 6/10/2013
Tsk tsk tsk. I'm not a review bunny (to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what that is) I'm a review SHAARKK! A slow shark, granted, a lazy shark, absolutely, but I'm a shark. You never know... when I'll strike... will it be now, or later? dananananananaa... NA! I think exam week is getting to me. Changing the subject...
Alfie. Compared to the average rebellious tribute persona, she's a different take for me. I love the way the chapter starts off, with her saying she's afraid. Because, finally, fear and determination can be combined, and the character (surprise surprise) can still be interesting! Alfie reminds me a lot of Nine (from Power of Six/Rise of Nine if anyone didn't know) and I've always admired his character for his awesome combo of guts and feelings (Thus, Alfie). But on the other hand, I can't help but think she's a tad arrogant. That could be her downfall in these games if she's not too careful. She's right when she says that doing more acts of defiance isn't going to help her much in the arena. But I do love her token, that was very cute n_n
And considering you did this all by memory, you laid out a fantastic character. I am most definitely interested to see where Alifie goes in these games, and if she'll be able to control her... loftiness.
If I remember correctly (and I don't trust my memory at all) Sparrow and Alfie are going to be quite the pair of opposites. I think... (I can't even go on my old account and check... sigh) I dunno, I guess we'll all find out together!
Lovely chapter, again, can't wait until your next update! *Review shark swims off*
Chaos In Her Wake chapter 10 . 6/10/2013
First of all, Quicquidlibet, your penname is great.

Alfie is definitely an... interesting character. A rebel fighting for people who are already dead.
If I were her, I would have taken off the night before, just to keep my death from going public. Unless she's already got a plan to, I dunno, try and rekindle a rebellion during the Games.

She's a good character though, maybe a little one-dimensional right now but there's room to grow later on. And plenty of possible plotlines.

I want to meet Sparrow soon, he seems like fun - Happy writing!
Udah888 chapter 10 . 6/7/2013
Great job with the district 8 tribute. A very interesting and unexpected character.
Udah888 chapter 9 . 5/28/2013
Great characters for district 6 and 7. And glad to see your back Myrtle
piratelvr35 chapter 9 . 5/26/2013
Great chapters! I am sooo glad to see updates! :D
Chaos In Her Wake chapter 9 . 5/24/2013
Tasi seems like a cool guy. Gentle giant sort. Peaceful. Optimistic. Even though good nature and that bad leg won't get him through the Games, I'm super excited to see where you take him, there's plenty of room for development. Not a particularly memorable tribute, but I'll do my best to keep an eye on him.
Nice poetic description of the district in his section, that was fun :)

Aryn doesn't stand out as much to me, there were more interactions which meant less of her personality showed. Oh well, the writing was still good. Her relationships with Camilla and Tray were fun to read, and while the whole sudden-declaration-of-love is waay overused it was good, especially since there was more to Titus than just the kiss or whatever.

Happy writing!
Chaos In Her Wake chapter 8 . 5/24/2013
Thanks for explaining Dekk, Demigodgirl1000. I was a little bitchy that day anyway, so sorry if my review was mean...

Miles is exactly the type of guy I absolutely hate. Personalitywise that is, you seem to have written him very well. The chapter flowed smoothly and overall it was a fun read, I just despised Miles's character. Oh well, it's better to not get attached to them all :)
I won't be supporting him, though. All he is, is his flirting.

Looking forward to meeting Ariana! Happy writing! :)
Kelland chapter 9 . 5/23/2013
OHH I love these tributes! Usually, district 7 tributes are general nobodies that are always surprisingly skilled at axe throwing. Who knows, maybe they are, but I just love these two, especially Tasi. The characters thus far are so interesting, these are going to be the best games ever!
Okay... let me just calm down for a sec. Starting with Tasi, I have to say, I cannot wait to read more about him. He's not a particularly mean person, in fact, he doesn't even seem like the tribute type, and that's what makes him so interesting. Often times, tributes have this kind of gung-ho personality trait, but thus far he really doesn't seem to have one, and I can't wait to watch it develop :) He's very subdued, and I can't wait to gauge his reaction to the entire festivity that is the Hunger Games.
Aryn, I don't know how much to say about her. I loved her goodbyes, especially the part with her and Flora. I can understand how hard goodbyes are to write, since they tend to all go the same, but I wouldn't say it's a flop at all. You did a great job with the generic-type family (and of course Titus... sigh). I would particularly like to see how these two react to each other...
Gosh... favourite character? Tasi's probably going to take that one. Most people just make a tribute that has a few minor flaws but ultimately has the motivation, skill and persona to be a victor. And Tasi just seems to me like he's fighting that stereotype, and I just can't wait to watch hum unfold.
Can't wait until the next chapter!