Reviews for Purple Lace
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/15/2014
Well...if someone had held Sirius Black in check while a student, perhaps it would not have been so believable that he betrayed the Potters. But Minerva will never admit that mistake.

But I love the purple lingerie (alas, my daily stuff isn't nearly that exciting; I require more basic engineering, perhaps, than anything else. But I do have a collection, including a black and silver corset, for private viewing, heh).

Obviously, Alastor knows the sensible outside, and the frilly underside; and loves them both.
Nova Super chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
Didn't expect to enjoy this but it's really rather lovely. Nice one :)
Squibstress chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
It's probably all your fault that I have a thing for Alastor/Minerva, you know, and stories like this are why.

You make them seem just so right together, her primness and his gruffness, both overlying a tenderness that they aren't afraid to let out to play under the right circumstances.

I especially loved the bit about Minerva knowing when to be predictable and when not to be. And the lingerie, of course.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
You have the knack for making me appreciate pairings that would not have been my choice. After reading this, I can perfectly see Minerva and Alastor, and even feel emotionally drawn in. It makes perfect sense. Really good characterisation, too.

"Minerva would have been the first to remind him of that." She would, but she would nevertheless feel the same way he does - I think.

I do like these remixes, such a lot of richness to be gathered from another story (and the fact that we get to read that story too). You are good at noticing details as a door to a whole new way of looking. Great job.
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
The truest measure of their intimacy was that neither was ashamed for the other to see their scars - the physical and the emotional. I'm glad they had their night of comfort and equally glad that Moody has his small memento. I'm sure he'll treasure it.
Iselima-Minerva chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
Ahhh! What a little delight to read on a Saturday Morning!

Interesting to while in Alastor's thoughts. Got to love him. Got to respect him. A lot. But oh how happy I am, I'm not him, with his ever extreme vigilance (not saying he's wrong though, with his profession), must be hard for him to relax and enjoy the lighter sides of life enough.

I loved the sweet, not so prim, purple trophy he sneakily took (and I'm imagining Minerva smiling about it, when she finds out, after perhaps an initial moment of upset, but I did not yet read the original.)

Some of the lines I particularly liked:

"Oh, not that she hasn't got a heart, too, the old girl, much as she tries to conceal it."

"...its greying softness..." (rest of the line and it's image is also lovely, but this stood out)

"Still. Lose enough bits of yourself, and even the bravest man will flinch when the pants come off, and there's nothing between his broken-down self and the woman he wants but the revealing air." What a GEM, really touched me for I believe it counts for many of us, albeit mostly far from as true as for Alastor, and you expressed it in such a revealing - indeed - way.

" Moody stands for a moment, feasting on the sight of long, pale leg and an eminently-squeezable breast." Oh...breast! That's almost too good a way to put it *gg*

Review has to end right here and now...RL calling with some urgence. Sad, I'd had loved to go through the last lines again to take my pick.

Thanks for putting it up. Enjoyed it! :-)
McGonagall's Bola chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
Lovely oneshot. :)
Kreacher's Peepers chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
Delightful. Characters nailed spot on and just enough teasing.

(Can't help but imagine Moody being set upon after leaving, Death Eaters searching his pockets and all standing around guffawing at finding that scrap of purple lace, only for Alastor to make the most of the opportunity, taking them out while they are still distracted, and then stomping over to them. 'I'll take that, thank you'. Minerva's knickers saving the day, got to be some life in that idea!)