Reviews for Mistaken Allegiances
city bookworm chapter 4 . 2/17/2015
I always thought that Dumbledore was a manipulating jerk. He had to know with the wards that Harry's childhood was awfull. As well as I think he knew that Sirius was innocent. He wanted Harry to be pliable and his pawn. I hope that the goblin will say the truth in court. If the will is read Harry's guardianship will change. I look forward to reading more.
Hivedragon chapter 4 . 5/31/2013
This is good you gotta update this again soon.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/8/2012
hmm very cool chappy love the way you have an alliance of the families growing albus wont know what hit him if renouhg big names team up against him!
Veronica chapter 4 . 10/8/2012
The plot thicks, I see. Good. I seriously enjoy political and intrigue twists in my fics. As well as a little of character bashing. And to bash Dumbledore is not really character bashing because the old man bash himself enough in canon, doesn't him? His Order, the same. Anyway, you have me in tenterhooks in regards to the misterious bearded man whom Severus is tracking. I think I know who he can be. Someone thought dead and who was in Severus' circle in bad times... there are not so many candidates, are there? Interesting to read about the pieces in the plot slowly surfacing. I am most curious about what you have in mind here. Possibilities are staggeringly attractive! Regarding Harry's custody and place of residence I'd think that Harry's godfather and remaining family in the Wizarding World can visit Harry even if the Wizengamot does not authorise Harry's removal of the Dursley's residence. I mean, if Dumbledore is allegedly worried by Harry's safety then Sirius and the others can to hook the Dursley's fireplace to the Floo net so nobody can see them travelling to Privet Drive. But, truly, if Dumbledore's wards around the number 4 are efficient when keeping ill-intentioned people away then Harry will be safe while inside the house anyway. So, Sirius and other family could to visit him and to ascertain his well-being... or lack of it, seeing as poor baby is living under his abusive and magic-hating relatives' roof. Thus, Harry suffering abuse by Muggle hands would be soon known and, hopefully, the poor baby will get help and a better fate this time around. Right?
Veronica chapter 2 . 10/8/2012
Interesting story. The premise is really fascinating and the political intrigue in the horizon certainly is shaping to be it too. Also, the possibilities of a better life to little Harry Potter defiantly grasped my interest. I am, however, confused about some things. First, why Lucius has not meet Orion Black until now? Orion is Narcissa's uncle, right? Is not the custom that one's relatives be present in one's wedding? Lucius having been the groom in said wedding it stands to reason he'd know Orion before now. Weddings are a big family event and I cannot see the Blacks abstaining themselves of assist to their niece's wedding. That would had been a real social faux-pas... Secondly, why are Walburga and Orion having the Malfoys to dine in their kitchen? Surely they have a dining room in their home? Only poorest-than-rats people's houses are lacking of a proper dining room and are forced to take ALL their meals in the kitchen. I am not being a snob in this matter. My family is a middle-class one and we always had a dining room in use in our house. We only used the kitchen table for the breakfast meal! The Black are (or were in the past) a upper-class family so they should have a dining room wherein serve the meals to their guests. Lucius and Narcissa are family, certainly, but they are upper-class too and things are done in certain ways in their social circle. Take your meals in the kitchen is a no-no. Only servants would have taking their meals in the kitchen! And I am not know if house-elves eat at the table or even eat human's food... So, your premise is most interesting (certainly the first time I see it in a HP fic) and I find it refreshing but you fails in some matters such as the above mentioned. I will continue reading on, however, in the hopes you'll ammend those fails in future installments of this fic. Your story's premise is very good and I really am interested in read about the path you take it. As well as to learn whatever more you'll decide to show us concerning wizarding pureblood traditions and law and government... So, thanks for write this fic and congratulations for such novel theme as Lucius being truly Imperioused by Voldemort to get his help with the war efforts.
emarald777 chapter 4 . 10/8/2012
These initial chapters are really good. As far as I remember,at the end of war, Barty was not minister but head of DMLE and most promising candidate for post of minister. Bagnold was minister. Doesn't matter though.
Update soon.
Lupinesence chapter 4 . 10/8/2012
Interesting fic but is Lupin gonna be bad in this?
ladywatertiger chapter 4 . 10/8/2012
I enjoy rare plot and rare pairing fics evenly filled with laughter, tension, joy and tears.
Igor De Souza Santos chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
bom
Snakefang93 chapter 4 . 10/8/2012
Good pace story. Keep the updates coming.
tonygestaple chapter 3 . 7/21/2012
Getting more interesting. I will be following this, hopefully, to the end, so please, don't abandon it.

A few corrections:

It's "Privet Drive", not Private Drive. The streets where the Dursleys live are named after plants.
congrajulate should be congratulate.
the man on the podium as the bound him in ropes - they bound him.
"And why would I even do that?" Sirius asked, scronfully. - scornfully.
I don't think that Narcissa, being married to Lucius, would use so many contractions in her speech. I think she would be more formal, even to her own brother.
Other that that, nicely written.
clareabell7 chapter 2 . 6/3/2012
Great story! I love the creative plot! Please continue!
clareabell7 chapter 2 . 6/3/2012
Great story! I love the creative plot! Please continue!
tonygestaple chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
This looks interesting. Well written and with none of the usual grammatical and spelling errors that people make. Nice one.
LonelyAlbatross chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
That's a pretty good idea for an A/U I can't wait to see what you plan to do with the Malfoys. I enjoyed reading it.

For some constructive criticism, there was only one minor thing that bothered me a little. That one scene were Dumbledore shouted, " "SILENCE!" Dumbledoe roared, " that caught me a little off-guard because in my mind, Dumbledore is always calm and calculating I suppose. It was a bit out of his defined character to shout or to be so out-goingly angry over something to trivial.

Outside that, it was interesting to read and I enjoyed it quite a fair bit. Keep writing!