Reviews for Fifty Shades of Taylor
elizahal chapter 40 . 3/26
Gosh, I so loved your story, and to think I looked it over many times not really wanting to read about Taylor. You had me in stitches most of the time, I never expected it to be so funny. I hope you will write more stories.
Thanks for such fun and good reading
cool
Foggynights chapter 40 . 3/8
Love love love fifty shades of Taylor !
Aniveria chapter 4 . 3/6
I love Taylor's perspective! It's extremely well written and insightful!
LadySnape88 chapter 1 . 2/26
I'm so glad I was able to find this story again :) I love it when you first wrote it and love it now :D
RickyH chapter 7 . 2/26
Lol, I love the playfulness of his relationship with Gail.
Great stuff
RickyH chapter 1 . 2/25
Holly shit!

I'm so glad I finely found a fan whom is as fond of Taylor as I am!

This is very well written and I love how Taylor lives through it in his mind, made me laugh out loud when I came to the part when he saw the play room.

I'm gonna read the other 40 Chapters now!
sophiedog22 chapter 40 . 2/20
What a great story he has so many funny sayings
Matt chapter 36 . 2/19
You've written that Jack ran an algorithm to access the Penthouse elevator, however in the book its clear that Ryan lets him in because he knows that Ana is out and Gail is in the safe room; so he grants access in an attempt to subdue him and end the problem of Jack once and for all.
Stef chapter 25 . 1/30
This so good! great job
ptalleyrn chapter 9 . 1/27
I really like the story and I can tell that you put a lot of hard work into it. But ... once we've gotten over the initial introduction to Christian and his lifestyle, the whole 'Taylor thinks he's a freak and sick and breaks the subs' is just so disappointing.

Oh, I'm sure there was shock and a definite learning curve at first. But then Taylor would have done his research, watched and learned. He would have become a partner and right hand man to Christian.

And, to be clear, Christian doesn't "break" subs. They are submissives because that's what they want to do. That's who they are just as Christian is a Dominant. They are looking for a Dominant. When they leave Christian they will look for and get a new Dominant doing the exact same things. They don't get "broken"! They are on a 3 month trial basis. If they weren't working out he cut them loose.

In canon, Leila, specifically, wanted more from the relationship, and that's when he let her go. She was contracted to be his sub, not his girlfriend. In fact, it's stated that he broke their contract for that very reason. She didn't *walk* while the others were broken. None of them were broken. They were all let go - contract not renewed. I suspect that many of them signed up thinking they would be the one he would fall in love with and they'd get him and the whole shooting match.

Regardless, they are submissives and they are looking for a Dominant to do just the things that they had contracted to do with Christian. BDSM is not fucked up, it's not freaky. It's not sick. Even if Taylor wasn't into it, himself, I just can't see him having this attitude after being with Christian for four years. He would have known the man really well by then. He would have done his homework, and been very knowledgable about D/s. He would have seen the women, knew they wanted to be there, contracted to be there, were never doing one thing they didn't want to do. They weren't victims. They weren't being hurt. Women who go into these relationships are getting what they want and need just as Christian is. Taylor may not have understood that at first, but four years in, he would have.

The man I saw in the books was devoted to Christian. Not thinking of quiting. Not thinking his boss was "sick."

Even when Ana is hesitant, he makes a point to tell her that Christian is a "a good man, Miss Steele." He cares for Christian and wants to reassure her.

At first I can see him going 'wtf'? But, not after being with him, taking care of him and knowing how kind and generous he was. I just didnt' see this Taylor in the books. At all. And that makes me very sad.

Also, all this door slamming. In a million dollar penthouse I don't think doors are going to be slamming. He especially isn't going to be slamming the playroom door. And the penthouse is three stories. I doubt Taylor would hear the piano play on the 3rd floor. It didn't always wake Ana on the first floor.

God, I wanted to love this story so much. One of the things EL gets so much criticism about is how she equates BDSM as bad. It's not. It's a chosen lifestyle. It's not one Ana wanted so Christian had to make a decision. Which did he want more?

(And the fact that EL James made Christian's need for BDSM due to childhood trauma really muddied the waters for the story. But that's not my discussion for here. The BDSM community is handling that discussion just fine.)

For this discussion, I feel it would make Taylor even more protective of him, knowing where that darkness was coming from.

But making BDSM out as 'sick' and a 'freak'. That's not the Taylor I saw in the books. Damn, I was wanting to love this story.

I'm not going to go back and look, but if you ever edit, check out Ros' last name. I think you may have changed it from one chapter to the next.
ptalleyrn chapter 1 . 1/27
Hi, I know this was written *way back when*. I kept 50 Shades on my Kindle over a year before I read it. So that was the first of 2014. And I've seen some blogs that make fun of the series. Those were also written 2 years ago. I am so behind the game. There is so much wrong with the books, but I enjoyed them enough that I gave it a 5 on Amazon just for that reason alone.

In any case, I don't know you. I don't know where you stand on the spectrum of love to hate of the stories. But on a blog (of a non-fan) a commenter wrote a Taylor viewpoint story. Looking forward to this, I went to her story only to find out she was writing it as an AU. Although I'm not sure she even realized this. I was very disappointed.

In any case, I'm beginning your story now. I know it's older and you've moved on and may not care one way or the other. But I'm looking forward to this being a fun read. Hopefully, a true look at what you feel is Taylor's view point.
msjonescj05 chapter 22 . 1/2
This is so funny! Its really well written and its just how I pictured Taylor!
lizziesmama chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
I've always been afraid to read fan fiction for fear it would tarnish my outlook on the original story. This is the first one I've ever read and I can't get enough. Just started today and I'm pretty certain I'll be done very soon. Thank you so much for putting this out there! So far so awesome!

Live the original books and can't wait for the movie!

Thanks again! !
bellawu chapter 40 . 12/19/2014
thank you so much for writing this amazing story. it has everything that i want in it. funny, romanc, suspence and its perfectly writen. thank you...waiting for the sequel if you have time :)
1,980 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »