Reviews for Brothers in Arms
Guest chapter 8 . 12/14/2013
Get a beta. Or just edit your stories yourself, but either way, the grammar, spelling, and diction could do with a lot of work.
Limmet chapter 13 . 5/6/2013
Ouch, Loki, still as bitter and resentful as ever... I wonder if something will ever happen along the way to make him change his tune...

Oh, so no Tony has gotten a hold of Loki... bet the guy doesn't like that one bit! I don't know if I'm evil for laughing at that little scene with Loki trying to escape back into the restaurant and Tony picking him up like that, but I did...

Well, looking forward to more! :D
The Pearl Maiden chapter 13 . 5/2/2013
Great chapter! Hope for another soon!
Potkanka chapter 13 . 5/2/2013
Yeah, lots of things happened. Loki is so damn lucky he has Thor! His situation si still quite terrible but at least he won't end up executed anytime soon (hopefully never). Now that he's mortal and on Midgard though, they could try to deal with him like with any other criminal, put him on a trial... and give him death sentence, damn. He's really not safe anywhere, except for Thor's side, and even that isn't 100 sure, many things can happen.

Well I really wonder how the two brothers are going to deal with this and whether Loki ever becomes a god again... Not to mention they have the Time Gem which practically made them a Thanos-magnet. Yay...
Hiddleslover chapter 12 . 4/7/2013
I love this story! Please update again soon!
jaquelinelittle chapter 12 . 3/7/2013
""I let them in" all eyes drifting to the back of the slumping figure on his knees."

How did he? Why didn't Heimdall or anyone notice? It looked to me as if they had come on their own account.

How come Odin knows Thanos?
The Chitauri realm seemed to be outside of the 9 realms and Heimdall's vision, otherwise they would never have assumed Loki to be dead. My personal conclusion is that nobody in Asgard knew the Chitauri or Thanos existed prior to Loki's reappearance. Otherwise, why not count them as the 10th realm?

Loki sacrificing everything not to be a Jotun anymore is so sad, and nobody will talk with him about it. He should better have cut ties to his adoptive family and moved somewhere else.
jaquelinelittle chapter 11 . 3/7/2013
"Only once had Thor encountered one who was able to block Heimdell's sensory powers."

The Chitauri seem to be outside of the 9 realms and Heimdall's vision on a regular basis.

"He had underestimated Odin's guard dog assuming that he would not sense the same magic to shield the Chitauri ships as he had once used to sneak out of Asgard. "

When did Loki conceal the Chitauri ships? Not when he was in their realm with Pepper, I suppose? If he did that more recently, how come nobody noticed his absence?
And why did Heimdall not tell anyone if he knew attack was impending?
jaquelinelittle chapter 10 . 3/7/2013
" He was a skillful healer, but cut off by the runes on his wrists, he only had access to the residue magic linked to his Jotun heritage which he could only use in his Jotun form."

I wonder, if he had his full magic, could he maybe heal people who were injured in his attack on New York and have not fully recovered yet? Spinal or brain injury, lost limbs?

"Fury shook his head, "This isn't over Stark. It doesn't escape my attention that once again you housed a dangerous criminal without my knowledge.""

Well, so? Somebody dropped a nuke on New York without his consent, and only Stark saved the town.

Somebody might point out that it was SHIELD who opened the portal for Loki to come through from the Chitauri realm. Had they not done that, he'd have been stuck there, unable to harm anyone.

It's sad that Loki is still in league with Thanos, who treated him at least as badly as Odin. This would be the point where he could say "Goodbye, I'm my own man now" and make a life for himself anywhere in the 9 realms.
jaquelinelittle chapter 9 . 3/7/2013
"Smurf up" is a fun expression. That made me smile.

If they assume anything Loki says is a lie, why do they question him at all?

Loki's cover up story is really less than convincing. Couldn't he have arranged something about being abducted by the Chitauri and fighting his way back out?

"Bruce snorted, "I would advise against a second attempt at approaching SHIELD for a formal address. After what happened last time, I doubt Fury will change his tune. Face it Loki, no one wants you here. White flag or not." "

Why SHIELD? They could contact the mayor of New York for instance.
jaquelinelittle chapter 8 . 3/7/2013
Tony very much deserved that slap for further hurting a severely injured person.
jaquelinelittle chapter 7 . 3/7/2013
Why did they not beam Loki up to Asgard instead of sending Thor down?

There is a Hulk cell in Stark Tower? Whatever for? It did not help a few chapters ago when Bruce was hulking out and Loki sedated him. For that cell to work, they'd have to lock Bruce in it permanently. Which is of course not feasible since it doesn't have a toilet.
Furthermore, Loki escaped last time he was locked in the one on the Helicarrier, so it won't hold him if he has his magic, and they know it.

"Helheim (Aka Hel) is as close to Hell as I could get in Norse mythology."
For all I know it is not a place of punishment though, but of calm and quiet - or supreme boredom, depending on point of view.
jaquelinelittle chapter 6 . 3/7/2013
"Tony, it's Loki. He doesn't do anything unless he wants to."

They have known him how long? A week maybe? How come they feel so sure about his personality?

It's good the Avengers now have a bit more of Loki's family background. Too bad nobody picked up on Thor's admittance of his and Asgard's racism. ("The Jotun are a abhorrent race in Asgard")

Fury is not only a dick but stupid. He can't have any idea what Odin might do if Thor had been injured (or maybe even Loki); for all he knows he risked war with Asgard, just to make a point of arresting Loki instead of sending him back.

So Loki is in league with Thanos? I wouldn't have expected that. He is too proud to be Odin's second son, and now he willingly works as Thanos' second henchman (after the Other)?
jaquelinelittle chapter 4 . 3/7/2013
"There is great unrest in Asgard following Loki's actions here on Earth, many are starting to distrust in the Allfather's decisions concerning his Kin against greater good of the nine realms."

Whyever would a few hundred dead mortals on a faraway planet where humans kill each other by the hundreds of thousands on a regular basis bother anyone in Asgard?
Obviously Thor's little killing spree in Jotunheim did not disturb them either.

"Odin castrated Loki for speaking to him in snide comments"
What? Seriously?
jaquelinelittle chapter 3 . 3/7/2013
Fun chapter except for the end.

And how come the Avengers are to decide whether Loki may make amends or not? The State Department might not be pleased.

""He murdered innocent people without a moment's hesitation. Good people. Friends of ours."
Says the long-term weapons manufacturer.
Not to forget Hulk destroyed Harlem by Bruce's own admission.
Limmet chapter 12 . 3/7/2013
Oh, that was unexpected... and Loki's really screwed up this time! I'm curious to see how he will get himself out of all this.

Great chapter! :D I do hope things will look up for poor Loki, though...