Reviews for The Grandmentor
Damn You! This is so sad! Made me cry all over my lunch! Ehrhrhrrhrh! Haymitch!,!,!,,, im so sad
Burnsides-Girl chapter 10 . 1/15
Oh man, this chapter made me cry. That last bit right there was heart-wrenching, but I loved it. I love this whole series a lot!
littlesniper chapter 11 . 10/10/2018
Bawling my eyes out, even though I'm happy for them, still can't stop crying. Awesome story with Unparalleled characterization.
Guest chapter 11 . 8/18/2018
Goodness gracious! I have never cried so much reading a story! I think this was the best one yet! Everything is so real and your writings beautiful. I can’t even review properly, just wow.
CayStar chapter 11 . 4/7/2018
God, this was perfect. Beautiful and raw and just so damn real. I can’t love it enough and I don’t have the words to even review it properly. Just perfect.
ammuna chapter 11 . 2/21/2018
BEST FANFIC EVER!
Guest chapter 11 . 1/30/2018
Wonderful. Thank you for sharing.
Hitomi Star chapter 11 . 11/24/2017
This was absolutely beautiful and I'm bawling like a you have given up this site to pursue publishing, please notify me the name of your book!
Guest43 chapter 10 . 10/10/2017
Love you Haymitch
top story chapter 5 . 6/26/2017
I do love that stupid drunk
top story chapter 1 . 6/26/2017
I dunno I like Grandpa Haymitch
Swimfan13413 chapter 10 . 5/30/2017
Absolutely sobbing at this. I am not a crier but this one just really got me.
alwaysNaruHina chapter 11 . 4/19/2017
I cant stop crying... beautiful...
Mackenzie chapter 11 . 4/15/2017
I'm not a crying type of person. Especially not over fan fiction. Especially not when I'm three years late to a story that people have been enjoying for a while now. This three installment series had me glued to my screen for a good twenty four hours, and then I was regretably done.. but, gosh, did I cry.

The ending of The Good Wife, with Katniss and Peeta old and decrepit, Peeta with dementia, and then them somewhat poetically ending their lives -together- with nightlock, of all things, had me in near hysterics. I don't like to think of my favorite characters deceased and old, but there was something so refreshing (yet so heartbreaking) about that ending.

And then, this story, from the POV of Haymitch, someone who is desperately unexplored in the Hunger Games universe. This provided an incredibly new and different approach to a story that is written in slightly variated ways over and over. Seeing Haymitch up close, struggling with the grief of over two decades of dead tributes, learning the real motivation behind the drinking. Watching him interact with the Mellark children, especially Hope, was incredible. When he dies in this story, it's such a shock. I couldn't help but cry. Poor Haymitch, who's gone through too much pain, grief and suffering to name, taken down by the one thing he uses to get away. Dying with the one person he's sure he loved curled into his side.

And then, the last chapter! Hope and Jasper, ready to get married, and Hope's insecurities. The line, "Get out of here, Firefly." Set me off into a whole new realm of crying.

This trilogy of sorts is so well written, still remaining so perfectly within what could be canon, it all seems so perfect.

I commend you, your writing, and above all your amazing ability for story telling that is capable of envoking strong emotions.
gudenuf2eat chapter 11 . 3/20/2017
ok im a little late but i just finished the entire trilogy and WOW. im not one of those emotional girls but this made me cry and i kind of hate you for it. WELL DONE AND BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN