Reviews for Mega Doll X
Cloy552 chapter 14 . 1/7
This was a really cool story. I am very glad I read it. Although I totally called Hourai being awakened by Medicine (although I thought it would be like a backstabbing near the end instead of a darth fader moment). It was also funny to see X being a dumbass. Very well done.
kinigget chapter 14 . 9/2/2012
That was quite good. I'm not very familiar with the Mega Man franchise, but I think you did a pretty good job of adapting the elements to fit Gensokyo.
kinigget chapter 11 . 9/2/2012
now this is interesting. And it works pretty well too, good job.
Kiki4Japan chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
It is an amazing story with much description in it.
RetardedFool chapter 14 . 7/31/2012
Rushed, true. But pretty well done. I do hope that this may have another arc/continuation/whatever. If that happens, you have my support as a reader. XD
Onmur chapter 14 . 7/30/2012
Part of my kept telling me that I was reading a story about dolls and that that was silly.
The other parts of me lynched the first one and told the story was awesome.

I really liked this. It was a bit rushed at times, but still managed to make me feel for the characters, specially at the end.

And I know this may not be much of a compliment but I'm really glad Hourai didn't go the EMO IS DRAMA route!
For Spite chapter 12 . 7/23/2012
Whoops, think I said "X" last chapter when I meant "Zero".
This chapter is about X, and is quite enjoyable, though you wrote "run out of poser" when you meant "out of power".

The only issue I can see is that the two fighting to see who goes on seems to have less provocation than usual even for Gensoukyo, since the best thing to do if worried about the other is team up, considering they beat a bunch of the previous enemies that way there's no rule that says only one must go on. And I don't think last chapter's revelations got to Shanghai enough to make her attack Hourai for no reason.
For Spite chapter 11 . 7/18/2012
Sorry I'm terrible at remembering to review but I've been following this fun little romp for a while. It's a nice blend of two settings that manages to feel true to both and avoids feeling stale even as it follows a pattern similar to one of the Mega Man games.

I just thought I'd compliment you on making the revelation at the end of this chapter a genuine surprise. Not that I hadn't entertained the suspicion from time to time in earlier chapters from the fact Hourai didn't get any upgrades and Alice was only trying to animate one doll, but the way you led up to it here managed to trick my brain into thinking we'd be finding out something about Hourai's past history as X, instead.
Wolfsbane706 chapter 9 . 7/6/2012
The bubble beam pops up and it's as useless as I remember. I only ever played the mobile version of MMII but because of the lead bubbles, the final boss was a pain. Another good chapter, as expected.
MrEmperor chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Well, this got noticed over on the SpaceBattles forums, so I’ll bet you’ll get some traffic from over there. This setup is amusing, and hews close enough to the games that I’ll be reading this for now.

Heh, Mavericks.

kinigget chapter 2 . 6/4/2012
It may be rough, but I think you have a good idea going here. The interplay between the two settings is quite interesting. Alice and Medicine's notes are also perfectly in character. I say keep this up and see where it goes.

I can't help but see a little bit of Gordon Freeman in your portrayal of Yumemi, was that on purpose?