Reviews for Wand and Shield
Harry could have put his mind at ease by simply explaining, "Oh no, I cannot just read minds. First of all, I have to have direct, unbroken eye contact for several minutes. A pair of sunglasses can stop it. You could literally buy your entire team a pair or two of sunglasses, each, and that would negate this particular ability. If I cannot look into your eyes, I cannot read your mind. And you saw the damage I did to that guy; that's the result every single time, so if I tried it, your people would definitely know. If you are so worried about it, see if your scientists can create a pair of one way mirror glasses that allow people to see normally and have a mirror facing everyone. That would also prevent me from using it, because if I tried to use it on myself, I'd be trapped in my own mind, for who knows how long."
Or something to that effect.
itioministralis chapter 6 . 7/18
Every character is constantly snorting, shrugging and rolling their eyes. I don't remember Harry or Tony doing that constantly. I've no idea why some authors make their characters do that and I'm curious. Are you projecting somehow? How old are you?
Child of Dreams chapter 2 . 7/17
Tabula Rasa?
Hi, 7 years is long time, are you ok?
Oksamis chapter 33 . 7/5
No! Why has it ended?! We need more! Please!
james pingree47 chapter 2 . 6/24
WARNING! Carry on reading! Or you will die, even if you
only looked at the word warning! Once there was a little
girl called Clarissa, she was ten-years-old and she lives in
a mental hospital, because she killed her mom and dad
She got so bad she went to kill all the staff in the hospital
so the More-government decided that the best idea was
to get rid of her so they set up a special room to kill her,
as humane as possible but it went wrong the machine
thev were using went wrong. And she sat there in agony
for hours until she died. Now every week on the day of
her death she returns to the person that read this letter,
on a Monday night at 12:00 a.m. She creeps into your
room and kills you slowly, by cutting you and watching
you bleed to death. Now send this to ten other pictures
on the site, and she will haunt someone else who doesn't.
This isn't fake, apparently, if you copy and paste this to
ten comments in the next ten minutes you will have the
best day of your life tomorrow.
TBWL713 chapter 25 . 6/12
Done here I think. Loki was just playing with Harry. Did Loki really just pickpocket Harry's wand and he didn't notice? Also, the fact that Loki can manipulate Harry's mind like that at any time... I understand him tricking Harry, being the God of Mischief, but it seems that Loki could easily destroy Harry. He is practically defenceless against him and it ruins the image you have built up for him. He just came in, stole his wand, trapped him within an illusion, read his mind, revealed that he can, and already has on a different occasion, trap him within his own min, and then stuck him to a chair with binds that Harry is defenceless against (As it completely ignored his Finite). It is hardly interesting when he can be overcome in so many different ways so easily.

I also don't like how driven Harry is to get Asgard to protect Earth. Sure, it makes sense that Harry would want that but it takes away from the excitement and is a bit much. As soon as Thanos arrives on Earth, Odin, Thor, Loki, Sif and the Warriors Three are gonna come to earth in the Bifrost and practically solo Thanos and the Black Order. I'm sure it wouldn't go down like that but I came here to see Harry as the main character, I want to see him personally overcome adversity and get strong enough to beat his enemies, not run to Asgard whenever anything bad happens.

This was all very good. I think the main problem is Harry's power level fluctuating throughout. You had him match Hulk, then seemed to regret it so had Harry outright say multiple times that Hulk was battering Harry and consciously spared his life even though that was FAR from what actually happened, then showed that he was strong with the massive firestorm, but then had him, Hulk and Tony get destroyed at the same time by a dude named Boris, then had him transfiguring a nuke into fireworks, but then you have him be picked apart by Loki so effortlessly. I honestly think that Harry's inconsistent power level is the only thing bad about this story.
TBWL713 chapter 23 . 6/12
Might as well just set this Boris person on Thanos, the way he is destroying everyone. Seems like Boris Thanos with 6 infinite stones. Seriously though, from this performance, Thanos is gonna eat them.

How comes Harry is always talking about how perficient in dark battle magic he is yet he is letting himself get battered about without using it? All Hogwarts curriculum spells. It's getting frustrating. You want to have him powerful while still giving him and the Avengers a good fight. So you give him bs limitations like him not thinking it's necessary or not wanting to kill. He has to overcomplicate it. Realistically, if that was book Dumbledore or Voldemort, no one else would have been needed. Instead, Boris is holding off Harry while bashing Tony and Hulk around.
TBWL713 chapter 19 . 6/11
Harry saying that Hulk toyed with him is such bs. So is saying that Hulk held back and just wanted to make sure Harry knew that Hulk was stronger. Idk why you suddenly want to make Hulk so much more powerful than Harry but it is stupid. Hulk bounced off Harry's shield and was in a full rage. Hulk only stopped after being hit by a cheering charm. Harry wasn't at his mercy even at that point, he had a shield charm up and could have easily apparated out the way.

Hate it when Authors do shit like that: Show one thing and have the characters pointlessly contradict it.
TBWL713 chapter 14 . 6/11
My god. Will Harry stop fucking monologing and just fight? That's how Stain had the time to use that paralysing thing on him the first time, why tf is he still doing it?
TBWL713 chapter 13 . 6/11
This chapter killed it for me. Harry is meant to be an experienced Auror. He should know not to underestimate anyone. The fact that he couldn't complete a simple kidnapping mission and he needed saving because of something so simple is a real put-off.

The reviews of previous chapters went on and on about Harry's incompetence. I didn't see it then, but I do now.
Looks like you haven't updated in a long time. I would like to read more of this if you ever come back to this.
Spazzman29 chapter 33 . 6/6
I thought this would happen. A cliffhanger on a abandoned story.
BobTheSkrull chapter 26 . 5/22
I read this years ago and am only picking up the Dresden reference now. Kudos to you, good sir.
LtKettch chapter 10 . 5/20
Excellent battle scene. I don’t think you overpowered or underpowered each one. I actually figured it might be what Harry ultimately used that would calm Hulk down. Thanks for a great story. Really enjoying it.
7,506 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »