Reviews for The Power of 2
Missocki chapter 15 . 10/2/2012
Is it bad that I'm enjoying the author's notes as much as the stories. Which are so bloody fantastic, btw. The buffy and oz chapters are so great. Love it!
Missocki chapter 12 . 10/2/2012
On chapter 11, love the sneaking of willow and tara. Definitely the best couple ever. Chapter 12, hahahaha! Joyce walking in, so embarrassing, but I loved how she handled it.
Missocki chapter 9 . 10/2/2012
Right in the feels. So sad.
Missocki chapter 7 . 10/2/2012
So far this is great! I wish I had been following this as you were writing it. The Tara chapter -damn. This cordy chapter was crazy good. I would be all board for that to be extended into a full story.
faolan228 chapter 24 . 7/23/2012
faolan228 here, forgot to include this:

Willow was originally the character I associated with the most. Nerdy, bookish, babbler, ambitious and with quite the ego. As the series went on, and she became what she became, that led to a lot of self evaluation. Controlling my rage issues, among them.

Tara, however, is my forever girl. I'd never had a crush on anyone before, EVER. Led to my sexual awakening and discovering my sexuality, all in one. Made me believe that it was ok. Inspired me to be a better person. Like I said, I'm very much a Willow in personality, and I tried to become the type of person a Tara-type person wouldn't mind having around.
faolan228 chapter 24 . 7/23/2012
It's been quite a ride, my friend. A powerful chapter to end a powerful series, and I've got to thank you for sharing all this with us. Hope to see more from you soon.
Graq the Wild Child 2 chapter 24 . 7/21/2012
Wow, that is a lot of near death experiences when you line them all up back to back like that. You did pretty much a perfect job of capturing the ultimate message of the series: Life can be Hell, but it's worth living anyway. Other people are what make life worth living, even when there's the chance you'll lose them. Willow was always the character I identified the most with, particularly when they showed her self-loathing and fears of abandonment, like in "Restless". She probably went through more changes and trials than any other character while still remaining the same amazing person.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer has a lot of strengths, but I think one the greatest ones is its cast. When I watch other shows, say, Medium or 4400, they're entertaining but it's clearly just actors reading their lines. The cast of Buffy made me believe in the characters and made the Buffyverse one of my favorite settings. Just look at Seth Green's eyes throughout "New Moon Rising", that is some amazing acting. At some point I stopped wondering "How are they going to save the world?" and started worrying "I hope they can all be happy in the end." The TV series had a bittersweet ending that was great, but it left me longing for more stories. The comics help to an extent (though I HATE what they did with Willow in Season 8), but there will never be new stories for some of my favorite characters like Tara, Anya, or Cordelia. That's why I write and read fanfiction.
Graq the Wild Child 2 chapter 23 . 7/18/2012
It's nice to see Amy back when she was still Willow's friend. Anyone would go crazy spending so many years stuck in bodies that weren't their own. (?thgir ,alucarD etivninu ot lleps eht gniod er'yehT)

Looking forward to the new stuff.
Graq the Wild Child 2 chapter 22 . 7/15/2012
Weird but definitely fun and sexy weird. Silly vamp Willow. The demon never was as smart as the original. Poor Angel. You just know he was remembering all the times he and Darla had sex on top people they were eating and torturing and thinking "I deserve this!"
faolan228 chapter 22 . 7/15/2012
asdfghuk;jhbytdt omg

First off, you dissected the vampWill/Tara trope wonderfully. 'Pussy', rather than the archetypal 'Kitten', which was very in character. Most would retcon the whole Xander thing, but you made that work too!

You made this fan satisfied, but still yearning for more about where these two are going. Great job!
Graq the Wild Child 2 chapter 21 . 7/14/2012
Oh my god that was beautiful. It was like poetry, and perfectly reflects Angel's artistic soul. It always felt like Buffy was willing to make things work, but Angel couldn't believe in himself.
faolan228 chapter 21 . 7/13/2012
Not the biggest fan of Mr. Broody, but this was beautiful and achey.
Graq the Wild Child 2 chapter 20 . 7/12/2012
Another great chapter. I could see this having been what led to Riley being curious about what it's like to be with a vampire if Buffy liked it so much. In a bloodsucky sense in his case of course.

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually like Riley. Of course, I love all the characters in Buffy, villians included except for Warren. Yeah, Riley was a total immature douche in season five, and the break up was completely his fault. He did grow up while he was away, since he helped Buffy take out Spike's chip.
faolan228 chapter 20 . 7/12/2012
haha, I'm all aboard the Riley-hate train too! The whole relationship, he kept expecting Buffy to change and conform to his way of thngs...ugh
Graq the Wild Child 2 chapter 19 . 7/8/2012
"Well, now that came out a lot more lesbian than it sounded in my head."

That was unexpected, but cool and understandable. Season seven was when they were both trying to overcome their darkness and feel comfortable being themselves again. Willow and Anya's dynamic is always fun to watch, like in "Triangle". I didn't find it sad so much as comforting, two people taking solace at a tough time.

Yay for Riley-ness! I hope you update soon.
55 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »