Reviews for Portrait
MoonyLilyPadfootProngs chapter 1 . 2/14
That was amazing. Perfect.
RandomLogic13 chapter 1 . 12/10/2014
This was so beautiful, I always wondered about the Black sisters, they were alway one of my favourite characters, and you wrote them so heartbreakingly beautifully. Honestly I think that if in their time they would of had a little more girl power and determination they could have easily taken voldys place and ruled the world XP. But sitll, a really beautifull fic.
Our Mismatched Socks chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
This was so beautiful.
VanillaAshes chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
Absolutely Amazing :D
LovelySocks chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
So deep and honest. It's set up nicely, kept short and sweet, but with a good amount of details. Very unique and interesting plot, one that I immediately took to as I read the description. Personally, my favorite description was of Narcissa because it really showed more of her character, one that is completely different from the one we get in the books. The ending is a nice wrap-up and the recurring references to changes of last name throughout the whole thing ties it all up together quite nicely. I love how Andromeda collected lupines. (:
OrikamiGirl chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
This made me cry. Oh, doesn't time shape everyone into who they have become and warps who they have been? Good job on recognizing that.
rainydaydreams chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
It's strange, I never really realized that they were sisters before now. That they grew up together and sang together and ooh, the third last line ("Maybe Narcissa will show some of her strengths again - her lies, her defiance, her fire - but for now, this Death Eater's wife and Death Eater's mother and Death Eater's sister is not quite a Death Eater.") is brilliant and I love it.
SuperGirlOnToast chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww...
Isabella Katniss chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Woah. It's intriguing.
DarkDramaLady chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
I like how you characterize the young black girls.
NinjaNakkiOfCabin11 chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
D I loved it! 3 The Black sisters are all some of my favorite characters.
Read on and Rock out,
NinjaNakkiOfCabin11
Rose Hunter chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
That was moving and really good! It's one of those I-feel-sad-because-I-miss-the-old-times-even-though-I-wasn't-there-and-they-actually-never-happened-because-its-a-story stories. Ha, yep! I really loved this one, it was amazing! :D
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
I can't is perfection
MeAmJeni chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
This is beautiful. So thank you for writing it.

Bellatrix's part was my favorite, but then she's my favorite sister. Though I have a love for the Black Sisters. But I think the idea you give of Bellatrix Black is rather believable... I especially think the daisies and the dancing in the rain a nice touch...I love that one, actually. And I like the 'a wild streak a mile wide and creamy skin that glowed when she smiled.' Lovely.

Andromeda's part I quite like as well... It gives me the impression of a soft, gentle, quiet, warmth that is Andromeda. And I think that's quite a good interpretation of Andromeda Black. I can't pick out bits I like so well of this one though... But I do like the idea of Bellatrix liking daisies and Andromeda preferring lupines...

Narcissa's part, to be honest, was my least favorite. I like it, and yet... Maybe it's because I always thought of Narcissa as the more-innocent, confused, caught-between-the-older-two one, and you've portrayed her a bit differently. But I do like this part:

'Her blue eyes used to be brighter, and her voice was lovely when it sang. It never had the rough elegance of Andromeda's or the passionate twist of Bellatrix's, but it was soft and quiet and beautiful. Her skin never used to be this pale; Cissy spent all her time outside, dancing and singing and running away from Mother's watchful gaze.'

There's a beauty there. But I don't so much like the part about her and Lucius, because I don't really get the feeling of him wanting her first. But again, that's just because it's against my idea of Narcissa.

But altogether, I love this. It's very good. Thank you.
GryffindorGirl11 chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
I thought it was good but I just can't picture them when they were younger. It might have helped a little bit though. Overall it was good.