Reviews for Nightmare Man
chiroho chapter 20 . 6/22/2012
I can't imagine anyone would ever sleep well when they're being held by an unsub, no matter how tired you got, so it's no surprise that they're not sleeping soundly.

I've never watched SVU, but the compliments from the BAU team to Olivia seem to be fairly frequent for a team that rarely says anything, even to each other.

Not hard to imagine that Emily would go back to her dream. The comment about Hotch crying in his sleep is particularly touching though.

And yes, good question. What will happen when Bill is through with them?

Nice to know Reid is doing _something_ :-)

And this is where I'll have no idea on the nightmare. :)

Thanks for writing.
starie78 chapter 20 . 6/22/2012
Great chapter as usual. Love the description of how they did overnight. Also loving the bond forming between Morgan & Olivia.

Really excited to see the effects of Olivia's dream.
chiroho chapter 19 . 6/21/2012
It was to be expected that Bill would have a little party. Pretty disgusting though. And, he does seem to have a fixation on Olivia - though not sure if you've explained exactly why.

Do have to hope, of course, that Reid manages to find the rest of the team soon. You haven't talked about time, but the impression is that at least a day must have passed. And with all the cameras in NYC, you'd think it wouldn't be too hard to follow where the team ended up.

I like how you have Hotch trying to break through to Morgan. He'd definitely know what he'd be going through, trying almost to second guess his own dream. And even though none of them will feel safer until they are finally out of there, at least Hotch is able to help.

Thanks for writing
starie78 chapter 19 . 6/21/2012
Another great chapter. Olivia is excellent as always, but I do wish she'd open up just a little more to the team. She's clearly earnt their admiration and respect and to some degree at least their trust. I wish she could trust them enough to tell them at least that she suffered PTSD before, but she's never trusted easily so I doubt she'll do so now.

Loving Rossi's protectiveness of JJ too. Pairing them up made great sense.
chiroho chapter 18 . 6/21/2012
Even though Morgan wasn't sure what he would see, it makes sense that it goes back to that case in California.

Yeah, Morgan really did do a terrible job of clearing that door. I mean, classic mistake being taken by someone behind the door who was using the fact that the hostages were there to distract their "rescuer".

You have to imagine that was a real fear Morgan had of being killed by Flynn, especially since he'd just killed Spicer and his sister. I mean, he's tied up on the floor, how easy would it have been for Flynn to shoot him?

So was Morgan scared of being killed in his dream? Or that he wouldn't be able to save Ellie?
chiroho chapter 17 . 6/21/2012
Not sure if JJ really judges herself so harshly, though I think that, like all of them, she tries to hide what she's feeling. Maybe, being the "young blonde", she feels she has more to prove for where she is. But struggling to deal with a nightmare certainly isn't an easy thing. So I like the fact that you have her struggling more than the others - particularly as there is some sort of overdose involved.

It's interesting how you paint this unsub as continuing to pursue a psychological form of abuse, whereas so many on the show have pursued something physical.

Of course, that doesn't put him above threatening JJ if Morgan isn't cooperative. Nice.

Though he has a rat phobia?

Hmm, is Hotch drawing some of the unsub's ire onto himself? Wonder how that will work.
starie78 chapter 18 . 6/20/2012
Great choice of dream and Olivia as usual handled the situation brilliantly. I wonder if she will open up the the team anymore before her turn?
starie78 chapter 17 . 6/19/2012
Another good chapter. I wonder what Morgan will dream about. It's interesting that he's the only one who doesn't seem to know what to expect.
starie78 chapter 16 . 6/18/2012
Great chapter!

Olivia is definitely going to suffer, but I'm curious about how Morgan will handle things. Looking forward to the next chapter & seeing if poor JJ is more responsive.
chiroho chapter 16 . 6/18/2012
I think the unsub is losing some of his scientific view on things and moving more towards anger, because if he'd overdosed JJ and that had resulted in her being sick, that's pretty much a case that he can't really include in his trial.

I don't remember chains from that episode, just the dogs, so it's interesting that the sound of them would plunge JJ into a near catatonic state. Of course, I may just not be remembering the episode!

Olivia certainly isn't doing herself any favours. She already knows that the unsub is going to be "saving" her for last, and whatever dreams she has are going to be a doozy. Though Morgan still has to come first. It does make sense though that she'd try and draw his ire onto her given that he's already upset with her. That spares everyone else.

Doesn't seem like the team's growing knowledge of the unsub will prove all that useful, as they have no way of acting upon it at the moment. Hopefully Reid can figure out what happened to them!
chiroho chapter 15 . 6/18/2012
Seems like there is a possibility of an overdose here. While JJ certainly isn't going to be dealing well with the dream, because it is one of her phobias and she has some pretty terrible memories of the whole thing (including that it sort of seemed to bring the pseudo relationship that she had with Reid to an end), shaking isn't a good thing. Of course, it could just be that's how she is when she has nightmares!

In a real situation, don't think any real person would have said "Dang it". Ah, television. :)

Can definitely see that Hotch wouldn't be happy to find out one of his team members, especially JJ with whom his relationship is a little different as they've been together so long.

And that's not a disturbing dream at all.

Seeing JJ so upset but unable to reach out to her must be awfully hard for the team. Let's hope Dave can actually wake her.
chiroho chapter 14 . 6/18/2012
Seems like, even in his dreams, Hotch is in control of things. Does seem very Hotch like, doesn't it?

You have to wonder that, even though they know they're being monitored, whether they understand that they're giving the unsub what he wants by talking about what happened.

The thought of upping the dosage rather than just changing the mixture isn't a happy one - too much likelihood of some sort of side effect. You'd think that, if the unsub really was being scientific about this, he'd take weight into account. After all, if he gives Hotch the same dose as Emily, that's hardly a real comparison because the weight would make a difference.

I agree that JJ would put on a brave face, but she has to know what's coming - even though, strangely, the series never really came back to this phobia despite it taking such a prominent place in those episodes.
chiroho chapter 13 . 6/18/2012
Obvious to I think everyone what Hotch was likely to dream about - and I'm sure it would show on their faces. And even to someone who didn't know them, it would be obvious that they'd be concerned. Especially since they wouldn't be trying to hide that concern from Hotch as he's sleeping.

Nice touch with Hotch slowly crying Haley's name. That seems more realistic than simply flying into a rage.

Can't be easy to take a scene, or scenes, and then twist it around so that it's subtly different. Although I guess it's only at the end you did that. But this is certainly a twist that would be harder on Hotch.

Thanks as always.
starie78 chapter 15 . 6/17/2012
Ok, I wasn't sure how you could make JJ's nightmare any scarier than the real event - one of the scariest episodes in my opinion - but adding Henry into the mix in the way really worked well. JJ's going to have a hard time getting over this and I'm sure noone is more aware of that than Emily, so her confession may prove useful to the others when they try to help her.
WrItTeN-PuRpLe chapter 15 . 6/17/2012
Good chapter. Really good chapter.
75 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »