Reviews for Summertime
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 9 . 3/3
Wonderful.
Love Georg jumping on the motorcycle when they came ashore, to have so freedom, and wondering whether anyone actually knew anything about anything. Very profound indeed.
And them on the lake together back in a different boat, signifying, as you said, how much as changed as well as what is still the same.
Georg admitting that there were some parts of the trip to the Riviera that he greatly enjoyed, while others he found confusing was great, and I'm glad he finally told her the truth about what happened that night.
The line about the fact that he would've doubted even the Pope's intentions was awesome, and the ending about getting intimate in the rowboat and being uncomfortable was cheekily awesome.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 8 . 3/3
Oh my
Great to see Maria trying to keep herself calm as she sorted through her feelings. Love the idea that she wanted to apologise to the Captain for something, but she didn't know what that something was.
Also really liked how we didn't see Georg's perspective until after Maria noticed him arrive.
His thoughts about what she'd told him, his relief that he could remember it, and his curiousity at whether he would care if the situation had been with Elsa was great.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 7 . 3/3
Lovely.
Georg waking up to find Maria in his bed was brilliant; but I do like how it was in fact completely innocent and nothing happened.
Then seeing Georg rushing around like a madman after hearing the knock on the door was great - and him kissing Elsa to avoid her noticing Maria's shoes was hysterical.
Maria's comments when she awoke about him being always interesting to talk to, her apologies for not leaving, and of course the sofa were so perfect for her.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 6 . 3/2
Gorgeous.
Maria trying to distance herself after everything that's happened only for Georg to suspect something and ask her. Her answer, and the fact that they both knew it wasn't true was just what was needed - and the 'Damn you' gave me a very My Fair Lady vibe.
Him dragging her off later on was also great - or at least what happened after they stopped was great. The way Maria was subconsciously reminded of her uncle thought she knew the Captain was very different, and the way she ended up telling him and he comforted her was wonderful.
The way she stepped in and said 'You remind me that I'm safe now' when he was struggling to finish the sentence was truly beautiful.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 5 . 3/2
Fantastic!
Love Maria waking up from her Shakespeare inspired dream to find the Captain swimming outside - and assuring herself that life would not be cliche enough to let her run into him dripping wet on the deck.
Love him allowing his children to come swimming with him, and amusing every female on the boat (except Frau Schider). Maria being really annoyed at Elsa and her friends gossiping - to the point where she cursing them and rolling her eyes as she retrieved the life ring for Marta and getting annoyed because Georg saw her - was brilliant.
And that final paragraph was wonderful.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 4 . 3/2
Oh Georg; you naughty boy with your wicked subconscious.
Love the image of Maria on the bow of the ship with a sailor's cap on. The fact that they were already married in the dream was an interesting touch.
Also loved how, just like in 'Revelations', the dream made Georg realise a great deal, like how he hasn't given much thought to being intimate with Elsa, and that not only did he want Maria, and wanted her to want him, but that in a way, she already did.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 3 . 3/2
Surprise, surprise. In the best possible way.
Love that when she found him out there, he asked her not to go and told her that neither his children nor her should be segregated from anywhere.
Georg's impression of the society women was awesome - no wonder they were both laughing as much as they were - and really showed that this isn't the sort of thing he likes. And then when they hid from Max and Elsa and Maria wondered if it really because she was there...awesome.
Loved him throwing himself over the railing to escape having to go back inside - and then calling back for his jacket, referencing Romeo and Juliet and the 'dulcet tones of Tybalt'.
Also loved the part where Maria stayed silent because her mind was three steps ahead of what the Captain might NOT be thinking.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 2 . 3/2
Nice.
Love the idea that it's not a private vacation for the von Trapps and more a cruise of sorts. The contrast between the Eberheld's grandchildren and the von Trapp children was great; and I love how despite that, they all bonded.
The difference between their governess and Maria was also great, and I enjoyed how it led to the conversation with the Captain and later with Liesl. The fact that the latter led to Maria's journey upstairs was great. I loved the line: 'Here the currency was gossip, poker chips and fine alcoholic beverages'.
I wonder how her plan to clear her head will go...
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 1 . 3/2
Marvellous.
Max being all cheeky, acquiring the motorcycle, and then extolling its (sorry her) wonders, right in front of Elsa was awesome. The teasing between the two of them and Georg is great.
Love Maria commenting on the boys riding in the sidecar, and them turning up at the destination covered in dust.
Baron Eberheld looking far more like a sea captain was great touch, and I loved that you linked it to 'A Trip to Town'.
charleybec chapter 9 . 3/25/2016
One of my favourite stories and it was a great delight to be able to read it again. Just lovely!
Zara chapter 9 . 11/27/2015
Fab! Love the description of the little game of flirtation that you have the Captain and Maria playing. Georg trying to get a reaction when swimming is great, he's a sexy torment. The jealous confrontation is delish too. Hope you post more stories soon.
Missfieryfist chapter 6 . 7/11/2015
This is so sweet! I love how you're developing their relationship :)
callumrogers7 chapter 9 . 5/10/2015
A PERFECT story - this 1 & A Trip To Town are my favourites. I love it when Capt vT goes off his rocker when Maria decides to draw herself away from him cos she is worried her happiness is becoming too dependent on his presence. You can feel the tension when Capt vT confronts Maria & then later when he drags her away from Werner in a jealous fit of rage. I hope you do a follow up about what happens on their return from vacation, as the way you are writing it, it seems Capt vT has already decided to break up with Elsa. I would love to read your take on the ball. LOVE IT anyway.
UnfollowTheSun chapter 9 . 12/14/2014
Very well thought out fanfic this. Love the coded notes between Georg & Maria, thought that was clever. Then again all your stories are quite brilliantly written. Hope you post more soon.
UnfollowTheSun chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
Great writing. Only wish there were a few more tails to read :)