Reviews for From Ashes
cmr2014 chapter 1 . 3/27
"Love and hate are very, very similar."
True. This is one of the oddities of life, and while I don't cotton to the idea of a natural, self-reinforcing yin and yang, there are many things of life and human nature that make me see why some do.
In-close life-and-death violence can share a lot of physical similarities with sex. And affect you on a deep enough level that you get your wires crossed.
I think some of these similarities are why so many people anymore seem to find it impossible to accept two people as able to be just friends, be they same-sex or opposite-sex. Mainstream fiction, of course, does not help matters any. Except, to tie this back to Star Wars, in TCW where Anakin and Ahsoka were awesome partners and friends and nothing romantic.

*gasp* Fantastic!
There was an EU book, I forget the name, it dealt with Anakin becoming Vader, and one of the things was that he kept trying to use his natural stuff that wasn't there anymore, his legs wouldn't do what he wanted because they weren't his legs anymore, the cybersuit/exoskeleton/whatever had a sort of delay in transmitting brain signals into action, and to become the Vader we all know and loathe (pun for the win!) he had to immerse himself in the dark side to effectively use it to control the suit the same way he used to his body, kind of the same way you have to use a joystick to control a video game character - and once you adapt to it, you can do some neat stuff with that character, and in the same way he got used to using the dark side to augment his cybernetic body and...well, we know the results.
This feels like it could be the prologue of that book, way awesome.

You *should* be pleased with it, for sure.
Brievel chapter 1 . 3/21/2016
Oh. This is a unique look into his mind, at this stage - and I've read countless. Quite stunningly effective.
Darth Litarius chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
Well that was incredibly clever.
tccarty chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Actually I've been a life long fan of the Star Wars universe, and against popular opinion Revenge of the Sith is my favorite movie of all six. Blasphemy...I know. Lol. I love the fall of Anakin, the almost Shakespearean feel of it. Hamlet, Othello, & Macbeth come to mind. And I thought, again unpopular, that the last Vader scene was so powerful. And you captured that I thought. He's not Anakin anymore, he's broken every way a man can be, and he knows he's to blame. I haven't looked thru any other of your fics yet, but if you haven't already, have you thought about writing pieces that fit into the Luke saga from Vader's pov?
aurebesh chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
I love it, keep writing.
ILBCD chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Well done, it was very clear and capturing.
Elle chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Wow, that was really intense but beautifuly written!

Well done!
Slaavy chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
That was breathtaking :P
Heaven's Prayers chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Apsalutly amazing! Spot on! AMAZING!

May the horse be with you!
Heaven's Prayers chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Apsalutly amazing! Spot on! AMAZING!

May the horse be with you!