Reviews for Angel of Darkness, Devil of Light
newyorkersteph0804 chapter 9 . 3/14/2013
Daredevil and Nightwing are my favorite heroes- and you did them both justice in this fic! :D
kirby chapter 9 . 9/14/2012
I just finished reading all eight chapters; it was a good story. I loved how you brought the Marvel and DC universe together. Psalm 91 is my favorite.
Kitsune chapter 9 . 12/31/2010
I love the bible verse stuff at the end. Psalm 91 is my favorite!
Kelana-ti chapter 9 . 10/12/2010
Wow. Great ending. I did not expect that, but I loved it. I really can see Alfred praying for his family, and in the end where he tells Dick what he felt, and reading a specific Bible verse, stuff like that really happens. I also thought it was cool when the angel spoke in Rom to Dick. Reading the interactions between Matt and Dick where cool too.
Krytical chapter 9 . 4/18/2009
Great story! I normally avoid stories with so much Dick/Babs, but great story nevertheless. Uh, yeah, that's supposed to be a complement. _
Agena K chapter 9 . 3/23/2008
This is my second time through this story and I love it, but I think the ending begs for a completion. Perhaps this :"Dick looked up at Alfred "Wow" Alfred looked back at Dick "Wow indeed." or something along those lines. Just a thought.
Ishkabod chapter 8 . 8/10/2005
I have to admit i haven't read this story lately but i must say that for some reason while i was watching daredevil the movie i had to stop it and find and read this story. I dunno why but for some reason your story is more enjoyable than Ben Affleck in a skin tight leather suit. It must be that i have a really really good imagination and don't need the visual because Nighting is DAMN FINE. Anyway enough of my rambleing. I can't figure it out but Thank you for writeing this wonderfull crossover. It's done perfectly and flawlessly (i don't know a thing aboiut continuity though) Now it's almost one in the morning so i must be getting to bed. Thanks again and i cannot say how much i enjoyed this story BOTH times i have read it. Thanks again

Ishkabod

OH and would me begging for a sequal help you make one because if so picture me on my knees begging. Thanks again again. Ishkabod
Zarz chapter 9 . 7/30/2005
I really liked your story. It was neat to see the interactions between Matt and Dick; they were really well written. It was cool to have two different superheros able to work together so well both in and out of costume that normally never do so.

There were just a few things I didn't quite get. For example, Matt and Dick play chess together. I don't really have a good feel for how good Matt's "radar" sense is, but I'm not sure if it would be detailed enough to tell apart the different pieces, and almost certainly couldn't tell the black from white. My suggestion as to how to make this a little more plausable (which you can take or leave, as you like), is to have him have one side from one set and the other side from another. If the two sets were different enough in shape, size, and/or style, he could far more easily tell them apart, esp. when he touched them. What would be even funnier, is if they both ended up being the same color. Another thing you could do is have them (esp. Dick) call out the name of whatever piece they're moving. That would help Matt keep track of which pieces are where. Of course, maybe he simply has a good enough memory to keep a picture of the board in his head with all the moves tracked since the very beginning of the game. Who knows? Also, I was a little puzzled when Dick said that Matt could track O'Reilly from inside or out, while Dick could only track him in the inside. While that's a great example of how Dick's different from Batman (which I love how you showed on several different occasions), I couldn't quite get how it worked in this situation. Isn't Dick experienced with rooftop chases as well as Daredevil? I would have expected that Dick would say that he could track O'Reilly from either inside or out, while Matt could only track him from the outside. Of course, that wouldn't have gotten the idea of Dick explaining things across very well, so I suggest you simply give some more explanation as to why Dick can only track him on the inside. The last thing I'll just mention is while the angel's a nice touch, it kind of takes away from all the work that Matt and Dick have been doing; kind of a 'God in a box' type of ending. (I ought to know the Latin phrase, but all I can remember is the '...ex machina' part.) The angel was never really foreshadowed or anything, so it felt like he just got dumped in at the end. I think it would have been a much more satisfying ending for the reader if Matt and Dick had managed to fight the snake off by themselves instead of having an angel come in at the last minute and do it all for them.

However, all these critisisms are not meant to imply I didn't like the story. On the contrary, they mean that I really did like the story, and that made me start thinking about all this. It also means, among other things, that I thought your story was not the kind of story where every third word was wrong that one feels that no amount of work could ever make it very good. I just hope that maybe my critiques can make your very good story even better. But, as I said before, feel free to ignore any and all of my suggestions, as that is all they are, suggestions.

So anyway, thanks for writing a really great story and keep up the good work! Keep going, and keep writing! I loved how you managed the Daredevil/Nightwing crossover, and I'd love to read more with both of them! Thanks for writing really cool stories!
VeltaIO chapter 9 . 12/7/2004
Thank you for a very enjoyable read. I greatly enjoyed this crossover story and now want to find out more about DareDevil, who I've barely heard mentioned before.
Ishkabod chapter 9 . 2/19/2004
Bad me i read this story a while ago but didn't review it. I am a big nightwing (John Westcott) and i loved the movie Daredevil the way you were able to seemlessly blend the two different characters into one brilliant and indepentent story is amazing. I would Love to read more Nightwing and Daredevil crossovers from you because they are just as enjoyable as reading one of John Westcott's stories. What is even more amazing is the fact that you were able to have them in the same story and not make it seem as if one is better than the other but are both exceptional in their own right. you have made a very successful blending of the two worlds in this crossover and i can give you no higher praise
Thank you very much (Arigatoo gozaimasu)
Kris chapter 9 . 7/26/2003
Very good story! I liked the Vietnam stuff. My only criticisms are the angel wasn't foreshadowed and the testimony of the killer and the supernatural demon-serpent thing seemed like it needed to be checked on. And I missed the cliche ending where DD and Nightwing shake hands and say goodbye. I like closure.
Writrzblok chapter 9 . 1/10/2003
This was one really great story. Loved the ending. Great job!
John Westcott chapter 9 . 8/25/2002
The ending of the story somewhat surprised me. Was that an angel that killed the cobra? The look at Alfred's spirituality was entertaining, though the turning into a cobra thing was never really explained. The whole hard-boiled detective thing suddenly turned rather mystical. Of course, I stopped reading this half way through when I had to plan weddings with the wife-to-be and all. I certainly didn't see the mystical end coming after all the down to Earth detective work. That could be because I missed something though. On the bright side, as another reviewer noted the mesh of Marvel and DC universes was seamless, leading me to hope for more X-overs from you in the future. The writing and characterizations were fantastic as well, I was just thrown for a loop by the ending to some degree, which was probably the intent, and I'm too dumb to get it lol. Anyway, let's see some more. :)
John Westcott chapter 8 . 8/25/2002
Well here we go with a "too little, too late" review as my bud Rogue Knight would say. Sorry for the lack of FB, but I was away doing a little thing called getting married lol. This story has more classic-style detective work than any other story currently going right now and that's great to see. Although my favorite part of this chapter is the two heros playing chess and discussing backgrounds. Well done!
Webspinner chapter 9 . 8/9/2002
Oh that was such a great story, I really liked the Bible verse at the end tying it together. I loved the pairing up between Nightwing and Daredevil ( hardly anyone writes Daredevil stories, *applause to you*)