Reviews for Bonds That Break
Mendai Decovrii chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
You know, it's been so long since I watched DSOTM, and I've read so many "Samulet returns" fics, I'd kind of forgotten why it was so important to me - us, the fandom - that they got rid of it. This reminds me why. You did such a great job laying out how important that Samulet is, and all the hurt and pain that went into that simple action of dropping it into the trash, that I'm really REALLY FREAKING HOPING that Robbie Thompson follows through on his tease to bring the Samulet back in S10. Thank you!
SPN Mum chapter 2 . 8/12/2013
Yeah, Dean certainly screwed up this time with his over-reaction to evrything that happened to them, causing him to throw away the amulet. He couldn't have hurt Sam more if he tried. He waited too long to even try to find out if the amulet was still at the motel. Even if Sam hadn't been the one to take it from the trash, I doubt it still would have been there by the time Dean called looking for it. Dean might think that he would do anything for Sam, would always protect him from harm, but the truth is...Dean does Sam more harm than the things that are after Sam. Sam might get hurt physically by other things, but Dean is the one that makes Sam hurt the worst. I really wish Dean could see that. :(
SPN Mum chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
Yeah, Dean believing that those memories of Sam's meant the most to him was silly. Of course Zachariah was messing with them! Look what he did with their mother! Did Dean really believe that mary would say or do those things? Ash even told them he couldn't find their parents, so why would Dean believe that Sam's best memories didn't include him? Sam tried to explain, but Dean wouldn't listen. He really hurt Sam a LOT when he threw away the amulet. He was basically throwing away Sam too. I really wish that Sam could make DEan see that they were just being screwed with by Zachariah again.
3DBABE1999 chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
Sorry I know I reviewed Chapter 2 first. I just wanna give one more quick elaboration of proof that Sam's "Greatest Hits" were altered for those who think that Sam's "Greatest Hits" were truly Sam's "Greatest Hits"
FLASHBACKS From "Swan Song." were Sam's REAL "Greatest Hits" .. I believe that should be proof enough. Yes? If not revisit Season 3 "Mystery Spot." (Where AN ANGEL put Sam through 100 Tuesdays and then 6 months of an ALTERNATE REALITY), Season 4 "It's a terrible life." (Where AN ANGEL made Dean COMPLETELY FORGET SAM!) Season 5 'Changing channels." (Where AN ANGEL yet again altered reality) THEN revisit DSOTM. Actually LOOK at Sam's face in the "Stanford night" memory!. It's like he'd almost caught on but he was still trying to justify THAT being one of his "Greatest Hits" cause it's supposed to be Heaven so SOMETHING about it had to be good (Or at least that's probably what Sam was thinking.).. How about the altered "Sainted memory" of Mary? That's DIRECT PROOF that Zachariah DID alter Heaven!
3DBABE1999 chapter 2 . 10/31/2012
Loved, loved, loved, loved, LOVED this story! I miss The Amulet and wish they'd bring it back! :'-(
It's OBVIOUS that Sam's "Greatest Hits" were altered and there are SO MANY clues leading up to DSOTM and in DSOTM that PROVE without a doubt that Zachariah could and would (and did) alter Sam's "Greatest Hits" .. I just wanna smack Dean upside the head and yell "HELLO! Do you REALLY think the night Sam left for Stanford is a good memory for Sam? ESPECIALLY after how even TWO YEARS later your dad's words to Sam were OBVIOUSLY still haunting and hurting him? AND.. WHY did Sam runaway to Flagstaff? SERIOUSLY! WHY was Sam at someone else's Thanksgiving and NOT with his own family?... Ever think those might've been some of the loneliest or sadest moments of Sam's life?.. Wow Dean pull your head out of your southern orfice before it's to late man!"
ccase13 chapter 2 . 8/2/2012
They really should fix that amulet thing in the series.
judyann chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Loving it and yippee you are back writing. Great so far and love the way you wrote Sam.
judyann chapter 2 . 6/4/2012
Loved it and so glad to see you writing again. Missed your stories so much and you wrote Dean very well!
LucyK9 chapter 2 . 6/4/2012
Absolutely wonderful. I had goosebumps reading your wonderful, wonderful story. Thank you for sharing.
christinebleu chapter 2 . 6/4/2012
My eyes just got a little misty. It's heartbreaking to see what these two brothers have to go through day in and day out. Dean's POV was spot on, since he can be a little stubborn with his emotions. The amulet is a huge symbol for the two of them, and i hope that we can see that special bond once again. Great story!
twomom chapter 2 . 6/4/2012
Awesome. I know Dean regrets it. And you did his POV perfectly also. He is rash and impulsive so that's why I think he regrets throwing it away. Would love to see how you have Sam give it back to him. Hint, hint! Thanks!
twomom chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Loved, loved, loved this. That was one of the most heartbreaking episodes, ever. You got Sam's thoughts perfectly. I know he picked it up out of the trash and hopefully one day we'll see it again. You are doing an excellent job with this and can't wait to read the next chapter!
The Lilac Elf of Lothlorien chapter 2 . 6/4/2012
It's just so amazing to me how one little amulet could affect both brothers so much.

It's one of the things I'm hoping for a return of in season 8.

You always do the Sam-Dean-brother thing so well.
Stone120 chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Heartbreaking episode, and hopefully a lot of what you wrote is what Sam felt. "That little gold amulet…is or was what really bonded us." Don't agree with that though. Was it important to Dean, yeah, but it wasn't what bonded the brothers. Also, point of contention with the comment about the angels didn't cause the separation between the brothers, Ruby did, she learned her lessons from her previous attempt before Dean went to hell. He thwarted her attempts to get Sam to use his powers before, this time around she made sure to keep him out of the picture while pretending to care about Sam's relationship to his brother. The angels just worked with what was already there.

I may be the only person who feels this way, but I never blamed Dean for doing this. Sam's memories may have been manipulated to give the wrong impression, but it was easy for Dean to believe because that's the impression that Sam has given to Dean over and over and over again in the show. His life growing up was crappy and that he wished for the "happy normal", regardless of how hard young Dean tried to make things better for him. Dean finally had enough of trying to hold on to something that he felt he was the only one who wanted to hold on to. Even though I was sad to see that scene, I don't blame Dean and I don't think he was being heartless. That's the last thing Dean ever is.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 2 . 6/4/2012