Reviews for You Are My Home
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
So sad, I could really feel Katniss' desperation and then just relief at the end when he came to her.

loved this line.
His blonde hair shines so brightly it lights up my darkness.
Bell 1 chapter 2 . 6/30/2012
That was very sweet. I was totally picturing Josh as Peeta...which only made it sweeter. :D

I could handle this because it was ONLY the sweetness and not the parts I am not fond of in the HG.

I like Kat and Peeta together. :D
LPlover93 chapter 2 . 6/21/2012
Awesome sex scene..and they had sex one last time before the baby came out..wow! Loved the two one-shots. Thanks for writing!
LPlover93 chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Oh my god.. I felt like crying for Katniss and Peeta at the same time..such a beautiful description of emotions!
Rose Melissa Ivashkov chapter 2 . 6/12/2012
My thoughts? Hmm, my thoughts—where the hell did my mind go wandering off to? Again, my thoughts are a tangled mess of nonsense. Perhaps my mind has fallen into a black hole and disappeared forever. But that couldn’t be possible because I think and KNOW for a fact that this piece of work is another one of those amazing wonders of the world. I wasn’t much of a fan of Hunger Games Fanfiction but you really have won me over with the way you wrote this story. You took my dull prompt and brought it to life in the most fascinating way that totally made me fall in love with Peeta and Katniss even more.

I am going to briefly analyze the story, giving my thoughts and opinions, starting from the beginning: I laughed a tiny bit when Katniss said that it was a bit unnerving when Peeta was watching her sleep. I disagree with her a bit because I would love to be sleeping next to Peeta. And ooh—the tree. How did you know an Angel Oak tree was my favorite tree? Moving on, I found it funny when Katniss said “your son wants warm, cheesy buns.” Smart girl.

I love how Peeta is always tender and loving with her even if Katniss is a not very appreciative of his romantic ways. But I know she secretly loves his attention. Not that I blame her. My heart just about beats out of my chest every time I think of Peeta. Or Josh Hutcherson. Goodness. Why? Why do we have to fall in love with men we can never have? I am so thankful for the concept of fantasizing. There, Peeta and I are extremely happy together.

I found it infinitely humorous how much Katniss’s hormones have control of her life. “Unknowing tease”–I freaking love that! How do you come up with such amazing things to say? I guess it can only be due to the fact that you’re an amazing, wonderful, magnificent, extremely talented writer. Sigh. I can only wish I could someday write in the same beautiful way as you write.

I love the way Peeta is. Even if I had a million words, I couldn’t ever describe how well you portray Peeta. So well and perfect. And a few tears leaked out of my eyes when Peeta and pregnant Katniss were sitting outside and Peeta starts to tell his son a story. Draven is such an awesome name, by the way. Haha—it is so funny to me picturing Katniss knitting. And it is just so awesome how much Katniss is attracted to Peeta. The way she always looks at him—you describe it in a way that makes me want Peeta very much. Not only Katniss is feeling the lust, but with your great writing, your talented style, I can envision every little scene so great in my head, I can actually feel those feelings Katniss feels.

And those scenes I read about, where it talks about how Peeta loves his son, really awed me endlessly. Several tears leaked out of my eyes when I read the part about how Peeta cried when he found out Katniss was having a boy. Again, I found myself craving Peeta once again. “I might keep you pregnant for the rest of your life"—that line made me laugh a bit. How she was so eager to agree to anything Peeta said so as long as she got her way. “Husbandly duties”—Katniss is so lucky to have a man like Peeta that is all I can say.

Mmm, those intimate moments between Katniss and Peeta are just tasty too. I was getting into the moment just like Katniss was when all of a sudden I read that her water broke on Peeta. Oh my Goodness that really made me crack up. Must have been a bit of an awkward moment for Peeta. But in the end it did not matter because they had their little boy, something that really made the lives of Katniss and Peeta a much more interesting life. They fought for so many things and it was all for Draven, even if they had no idea that they would ever have a baby. Aww, it was all really cute and sweet and straight out beautiful.

For a second time, I am utterly speechless of what to say. I have no idea how to phrase my thoughts, so if these next couple of sentences (or this whole review) don’t make sense just bear with me because Indie Mellark, your writing has left me speechless yet again. Yes, it definitely did fit the bill. Again, I am so sad that it ended so soon. I would have loved more. But that is my selfishness again. In truth, I am totally and completely happy with what I received. I am such a lucky person at having met you and receiving the great gift you gave me. To me, there is no gift better than a piece of literature. And you really did give me one of the best gifts of literature ever. You took my boring prompts and gave life to them, adding very creative and wonderful details that made the prompts more than just amazing. This was better than anything my mind could have ever created or dreamed of.

Once again, I thank you in the most sincere way for this awesome FAGE gift. This whole review can’t explain how thankful I am and how proud of you I am. Never stop writing because I know you can get somewhere far and be right up there with those great authors of today; your writing is just that great. Indie Mellark, thank you so much.

Take much care. Much love from me.

-Melissa

PS: Keep on writing these awesome Hunger Games stories! You are amazing at writing these stories!:)Unlike me...'cause mine totally sucks. But if you do decide to write another, I will definitely read and review.
readingmama chapter 2 . 6/7/2012
"I am fine, now back to your husbandly duties. And right now that includes finishing what you started." - LOl loved that.

I liked the interaction and being able to see them in their happily ever after!

Thanks for participating in FAGE again hon!
readingmama chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
Awwww, what a wonderful bit at the end there. All her anxiety and he was there with open arms for her.
Rebadams7 chapter 2 . 6/5/2012
Exactly what I would hope for them !

R
Rose Melissa Ivashkov chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Where to start? Where to freaking start? How can I describe my feelings? My feelings are probably similar to the feeling you would feel if you met Josh Hutcherson in person, where you’re absolutely speechless, paralyzed, only able to stare like a lost puppy, or if you’re not speechless you’re blabbering like a total fool, eyes twitching because you’re not very fond of blinking—well, that is me right now after finishing this amazingly beautiful piece of writing. I really don’t know what to say right now. I have never been gifted with something so wonderful in my whole life.

Let me start from the beginning (get ready for a lot of rambling): When you listen to the song, the song is bittersweet and. . .goodness, it’s so hard to describe. Every time I listen to the song—hmm, let me play the song—I get a sense of loneliness and sadness. In this story, Katniss is totally lost without Peeta. It is easy to see that she needs him by her side. The way you portray Katniss is just like the song. She is definitely lonely and wants her happy ending, which is by Peeta’s side.

It is just so sad—she is miserable without Peeta. The way you brought Katniss’s memories to the story was absolutely beautiful. How she remembered Peeta, the way he would hold her tightly, the way he would always be there, the way he always loved her and gave her endless support. She misses Peeta and she goes on with her life, fully knowing that there is something extremely valuable missing in her life. The reader not only knows that she misses something but they can feel her pain, almost feel that hollow she has within her because she does not have Peeta.

No amount of therapy could heal her properly. Peeta can do that and he doesn’t even have to try; he simply has to be there and Katniss is fine. In a way, he is the safeplace where Katniss can be vulnerable and fragile. “I miss him sometimes so much it's hard to breathe. His sweet breath in my hair. The feel of his lips pressing against my forehead. . .”—that part really made me shed some tears. OKAY, I cried.

All those insecurities she has, well, it makes everything more real. She is in love, a truth unknown by her, but all the facts are there. She wants to give Peeta everything but she is just too scared. Katniss goes through hell just missing him so when she finally sees him waiting for her. . .that was just BEAUTIFUL! Great job. I am not going to lie: I bawled when they reunited. Not the pretty crying, the hysterical, unattractive crying that made me glad no one was around because it would have scared a couple people away.

After being so miserable and gloomy, she finally gets her sunshine, her dandelion (I loved that!), her happiness, her Peeta. And how he greeted her with the loaf of bread, just like their “relationship” started by him throwing the bread at her—GENIUS! Everything was perfect, beautiful, and straight out amazing.

Now. When you read this story and listen to the song, it’s like reading those awesome moments between Peeta and Katniss in the actual Hunger Games books. My heart was racing uncontrollably fast. It made everything more perfect. And when I read the part where Katniss and Peeta reunite, “The stars in the night, they lend me their light to bring me closer to heaven with you. Bring me closer” popped into my head.

I thought the song was amazing for both Katniss and Peeta. The way you wrote the story and incorporated the song, it was completely amazing. And so true, their love is so strong in everything they do. He promised he would always be there for her and at the end he was there for her. And also “But after all that we’ve been through, I am coming home to you.” Wow, that song line just describes this whole story. So keeping everything short and sweet, you did an amazing job on adding details of the song to this amazing story.

But I am sad with something: the length. I am going to be selfish here—I want more! Like a little follow up, doesn’t have to be long, but a little P/K love moment. I know this so selfish of me, but I can’t help but wish for more. You’re writing is so great. I can’t get enough. So captivating and amazing. Why can’t there be more?

To say that I liked it would be an incorrect statement. It is understated, in fact. I LOVED IT! Thank you so much, to you, to those pre-readers, to everyone involved in making my gift so amazing. I couldn’t have been happier with how this story turned out. Sorry for writing you an “essay” and boring you to tears, but. . .all these words don’t explain how much I loved the writing and how thankful I am for having been gifted with something so great. I give you my thanks and a million hugs:) –Melissa

PS: Yes, I loved it. And I can’t thank you enough. And isn’t the song just beautiful? When I heard, I loved it. When I read THG, I immediately thought of this song. Doesn’t it fit them so perfectly? And the band is so awesome. I am big country fan but these five men (or four because we lost one of those band members too early:\) won over my heart. Thanks:)

Now, off to reread this amazing story, hoping for more. . .