Reviews for Containing the Threat
detectivejigsaw chapter 1 . 7/8/2014
I love this! Especially the Carl Jung quote. And I'd hope that if Sherlock tried a stunt like that, John would be the one to come and fetch him.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
Wonderfully sweet
0001101010 chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
Brilliant! Absoltely wonderful!
WannaBeBella13 chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
This hurt my heart so bad and I loved every minute of it! Please make a sequel! Please!
Kerkerian-Horizon chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
This is beautiful, slightly scary but beautiful. And one can easily imagine Sherlock acting in such ways.
KimberlyTheOwl chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
What an unusual and lovely story. I liked it very much.
Puggle chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Stunning. Thaks for sharing.
lilsammywinchester chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
short, sweet, and god this is how i love the two of them, together
IBegToDreamAndDiffer chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Mycroft to the rescue!

Oh Sherlock, you silly man. You're not protecting John by locking yourself up. Everyone can see that Sherlock saved John just as much as John saved Sherlock. They're two sides of a coin, they need each other to function.

See, Sherlock, you're not a sociopath. You care so much about someone that you'd get yourself locked up just to try and protect them.

I loved this, it was so... realisitc and to the point, I loved that. And Mycroft, he doesn't really appear in the story, but he's always there, trying to save his brother, and John too.

Will there be more? 'Cause it's brilliant.

{Dreamer}
otala chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
You are fabulous!

This was so well done. I can't believe you packed all that in such a few words. Sherlock is made up of extremes and John is there, as always, safe and dependable and above all understanding.

Thank you for sharing.
akuma-river chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Sweet.

I wonder what Moriarty thought of this or is it post-Fall?

The story feels complete as a one-shot but it doesn't say complete at the top. Is more coming?
chasingriver chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
This is incredibly powerful. I actually had tears in my eyes as I beta-d it.

It was heartbreaking and touching. I'm finding it hard to put a favourite bits section, because this whole story works as a single unit. It seems almost impossible to break it apart.

That said, when Mycroft had John join the staff, I couldn't help but smile. Sherlock forgets how brilliant Mycroft is.

The last section in particular really resonated with me.

*"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed."

Whoever Sherlock Holmes and John Watson had been before they met, those personas no longer existed. Now they were 'Sherlock and John'. They solved crimes, John blogged about it, and Sherlock occasionally forgot his pants. Danger lurked constantly around the corner but, as John pleaded during one especially volatile discussion, "I'd rather face destruction with you, Sherlock, than live in peace alone."

And

*That one word sealed a pact –and a union- that could only be undone one day by death. Never again by fear.

I love this story, even though it made me cry. Perhaps because it did. It's brilliant.