Reviews for explosions of the other kind
lowi chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Oooooh, this was awesome, mew! As always, your formatting is outstanding, (your FVs are so good, and I think this gave me some more inspiration for that one I'm working on!) and the storyline flows so well.

I really like the idea of neither Angelina or Verity wanting to wait and then ending up together - it's very plausible and you made it very shippable, if you know what I mean? ;)

I think this was my favourite part:

{but there's nothing "good" in parting with what's familiar to a person}

[but there's nothing keeping them even friends anymore…]

So—they part.

because that ".hmm." really got to me, and you really managed to make this sounds as though they were having some kind of inner debate (that's how I incorporated this, at least) and the dash in the last line there was just perfect. I can't explain this, but it was at least something with the wording and the formatting that made that part just brilliant!

And of course the bang/question in the start and the end was also fantastically well done, and so was the "a question..." paragraph in the end!

Fantastic work, mew, and you made me ship these, no doubt! :D
jojor99 chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
I agree about Fred and George - they come across as wanting to enjoy life and take their time settling down. These girls are better off with each other for sure. Nice one.
Lavinia Swire chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
I just love your freeverses, and this one’s no exception! I wasn’t sure about the AU-ness before I read it, but it worked very well and made a lot of sense with this storyline. I really liked the formatting you used too, especially:

It started with a

&&ended with a

and then how you reversed it at the end. I think this is my favourite part:

&it's like the longest Quidditch match in history

w/the turns

w/the suspense

w/the lost breaths

Awesome, mew, great job!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Oh, I loved this! Your freeverses are so pretty, and I love all the formatting you use. It really helps add emphasis to the story you tell through the words, and some of them, like ?question? and !BANG! show the word well, also. I like the pairing, also - it kind of has this appeal, like the boys are taking too long to get their acts together so the girls end up with one another. I can also picture the twins acting like that as well; I have a feeling that romance wouldn't be the top priority for them. Having Fred survive also worked really well in this particular freeverse, and i'm glad you used that slight AU. The title is perfect, and overall I think you did an absolutely wonderful job!