Reviews for A Storm of Snowbirds
Guest chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Bravo! I never get enough Snowbirds.
pacificuser chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
great work ben! still remember me? anyway,hope you can update again soon! this latest update of yours so reminds me of the US para-deployment to secure Negros island back in WW2! keep writing as your schedule permits!
MosinM38 chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Hey Sentinel, good to see another set of stuff from you!

Nice set of action.

One thing: I know I miss easily-noticed stuff, but how is this world a tiny bit familiar? or are we not at that recognized point yet?
Iztok chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Thnks for your story! I liked it. But I noticed some inconsistencies.

- Nightsky Mech in previous story Choosers of the Slain had 3 medium pulse lasers, here it has two.

- Other authors do combat drops with parachutes or boosters. IIRC jump jets do "burn" for some 10 sec, which is way to short to safely land a mech from some 50 km drop.

- You've made Luisa "ambushed" by a Warhammer. But she pilots a jump-capable mech. Ummmm? ;-)
Rocketman1029 chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
I can definitely dig it! It carries the flavor of the CBT board game, translated very well over to prose. There were a couple of extremely minor grammar things (at the end of the story when Priss comes up with Robb Stark, you refer to Priss as a "he") that impeded a bit of understanding. Other than that, everything was great! Fun little one-shot.

P.S: Your dialogue is really good, and definitely captures the camaraderie and friendship between the lancemates.