Reviews for Diablo: Brave New World
JigglypuffI chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
I actually have a idea similiar to this, but the key difference is that it is a Diablo 3/ Mass Effect crossover. In this AU a crazed inventor discovers Prothean technology around the time of Old Tristram's fall, reverse engineers it three years and abducts a bunch of adventurers, one of them which later becomes the Sancturian ambassador. Around the time of Diablo 3 , my DH, who is a information broker and hired gun with a code of honor, complete a trial that proves her fitness to go off-world( in diablo 3 she is age 16). From there she goes around doing hired jobs that fits her code.

it all changes in ME2 , when she is recruited to join Shepard's suicide mission, at the same time Tyrael goes looking for her. To make matter a bit more sticky, towards the end of ME2 and beginning of ME3' her paternal clan seeks her out to bring her in the fold (her father is a barbarian, and as a result she have some of the Arreat people's immunities and strength' though.) But my DH is stubborn and she actually believe that the Reapers may actually end up destroying both the Heavens and the Hells, as well as Sanctuary. She aims to prevents this event by becoming the first Sancturian SPECTRE. This is in direct conflict with what her paternal clan and Tyrael actually wants from her- to kill Belial, Azmodan, and Diablo, in the latter case, and with the earlier group to train with them to control her strength.

As for the Nephalem's major weaknesses, I have two in mind. One is a higher vulnerability to red sand, a illicit substance made from eezo, and the second, the need to recharge their mystical energies on sanctuary every 5 years.
Nianque chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
This seems like it will be quite the ride.

I imagine the heroes will be very confused about the technology.
TheMightyHunter chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Nice twist, but the story is maybe a little hard to figure out to begin with, and becomes more clear. I'm curious to where this story is going, so I'll be waiting for an update :D