Reviews for The Forbidden Legend
dyslecksec chapter 2 . 1/9/2013
Disappointed in a new character? No. Disappointed that YET AGAIN your main character fails to hold his own in a significant fight? Yes. I have no problems with companions and secondary characters contributing to victory. But you've taken it way too far. A pretty consistent theme in Skyrim is that the Dragonborn is the one that makes the difference between victory and defeat. But yours doesn't. Repeatedly he's been on the verge of death in signature encounters and only survived by someone else's intervention. That's the complete opposite of the way it's supposed to be. I'll give the two biggest examples.

This fight with the Gauldurson. They know that the key to victory is killing the Gauldurson himself, since he's enthralled the other draugr. They admit this at the very start of the fight. Yet they then proceed to ignore him entirely and fight only the minions! Completely idiotic. Obviously so that your new character can make a dramatic entrance. You sacrificed your main character's competence for a mere introduction.

The fight with Morokei in the first story. All four of them are apprentice level mages, so fighting Morokei should definitely be a challenge. Yet that's not what really happens here. First, they only fight Morokei one at a time, so of course he whoops the crap out of them. But is this the moment that Sauron saves the day and shows what a powerful mage he's becoming? No. J'zargo wins the fight. LOL. I really liked your writing of J'zargo, but the ending of that fight scene made me laugh for all the wrong reasons. And to really put the icing on the cake, the three other apprentices then act like Sauron saved them and reward him with the staff and mask. What the hell? Sauron didn't prove anything other than that he lacked skills (J'zargo has the skills), intelligence (they attack a powerful foe one at a time), and how to get himself and his would-be girlfriend killed (throwing himself in front of that attack with no follow up plan did nothing but delay her death, again, J'zargo saved the day).

Your hero doesn't need to be a god to be great. Definitely not to be a great character. But in order to be at least a decent *heroic* character, he needs to actually be heroic and save the damn day when it counts. You plainly like heroic Khajit, which there's nothing wrong with in and of itself, so perhaps you should switch to writing stories about that?
MajorVidGamer chapter 7 . 11/14/2012
And so it's finished. Nice brief conclusion. :) I can't wait to see more of Sauron and Brelyna. I can't think of any new quests they could do right now, but i'm sure I will sometime soon. There is one thing though: I would love to see them get married soon. That would be great to read. Anyway, its up to you. Now you can enjoy my Skyrim story for now. I planned 7 chapters and am working on chapter 3. I can't wait to finish it. Anyway, great short Skyrim story. I loved reading it.
Beforethedawnbreaks chapter 6 . 11/12/2012
I can't wait for more stories from your stories
MajorVidGamer chapter 6 . 11/12/2012
I'm speechless at the great drama and action of this chapter. You made use of Brelyna Maryon's point of view, and the drama of hers and Sauron's love during the fierce battle. It was incredible. You are a writing master! Can't wait for the epilogue. I so hope that Sauron and Brelyna get married in it. Great job and good luck with the conclusion!
MajorVidGamer chapter 5 . 11/10/2012
This chapter is different from the previous 4, but it is still very good. It makes use of comfort and love. I like that. Keep up your good work!
MajorVidGamer chapter 4 . 11/8/2012
Yet another great chapter! I was eagerly waiting to see what it would be like when the characters had to go down that hole at the start of the dungeon. I like what I read. It was both funny and interesting. Nice work!
MajorVidGamer chapter 3 . 11/6/2012
You are certainly "on the road again" my friend! :) Nice come back chapter. Can't wait for the next! Good work and good luck!
Beforethedawnbreaks chapter 2 . 7/24/2012
0_o this story is very interesting. I can't wait for the next update.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/11/2012
Soooooooo Sauron has a sister who is also a kahjiit? I am left confused but eager to know what happens next :D:D:D:D:D:D
Guest chapter 2 . 7/10/2012
Brilliant next chapter to "The Forbidden Legend." You've done great yet again! Can't wait for chapter 3. Best regards from Darkvahkiin.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/10/2012
Please Countinue
DovahofStrunx6 chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
I hope you do more.
trigrbrony777 chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
I've got to say that your writing is great. In Skyrim, you don't actually get a lot of emotions from the characters, or they become repetitive, but endearing all the same. What you did was add depth to their relationships and I liked that, in both of your stories.
MajorVidGamer chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
You, my good friend have done it again! A new great beginning to a new story, a sequel to "Chronicles of Winterhold." You could make a career out of writing stories if you kept at it well enough. Lastly, I know this may sound crazy but I've been imagining your "Chronicles of Winterhold" Story being either published for real in accordance with Bethesda, or even being made into an animated/Computer Generated Movie. I know, its crazy isn't it? Still it's fun to imagine. Good luck to you as always!