Reviews for there's this thing people do
Guest chapter 1 . 12/26/2014
It was wonderful. Amelia seems to be a super person, and the James she talks about too. I wonder why he died so young (quidditch accident, I bet). But the idea is really original and interesting. I had never read a fanfiction about a funeral speech before. Thanks!
JilyBlack chapter 1 . 9/28/2014
I Love this! It's sad and amazing and true.. and kind of hard to describe. ;) And the ending is just perfect! x Jily
FairyLightsAndGlitter chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
This is so sad and so beautiful and so completely real! I loved it so much! It actually reminds me a bit of this really great part of The Fault In Our Stars by John Green (if you haven't read it, please do because it is both breathtakingly beautiful and heartbreakingly sad and there is just something so unexplainably incredible about it). Aaaargh I just love your writing so much and I like how in this one you've made some really great links to the magical world as well as all of the heartbreak and amazing characterisation. You are amazing.
ShadedEclipse chapter 1 . 6/8/2012

That was so amazing! Also completely true. Amelia's speech was so.. so.. ohmygod. This really brings out the truth in our society, I like to think. While people mourn for people they never actually knew well enough to mourn for, the rest of us who did know them are bawling our eyes out.

Like when my uncle died last year we had people I didn't even know doing their own speech's being like, 'He was a great man, and a great singer. I'll miss him' then leave. During this all I could think of was that he smoked and drank too much. I'm still pretty sure that those people only came for the food, but I didn't ask.

Anyway, your story is really amazing. Like I said before the ending made me want to cry. Lucky for me that I'm here at home nearly blubbering rather than somewhere public :')