Reviews for Left Turn No Turn Right Turn Stop
falconer54 chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Hah! Poor horse... Holmes can be so exasperating at times... Kudos to Watson for putting up with him
cmee57 chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
God bless poor Watson. He is a good friend and has the patience of a saint!
Loved the story!
pandapops chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Well written, but as a carriage driver I have huge issues with the business of driving a horse. Unless SH is a complete idiot, he should be able to master pulling left rein to go left, right to go right and both together to stop without too much trouble; there is no complexity in rein handling, but there is in being able to interact with the horse, which is the real skill of carriage driving. If SH could not manage to understand how to communicate with the horse, then there would not be much point in him trying to drive one; it would be like someone today assuming that the indicators control the direction of the car rather than the steering wheel and acting accordingly when learning to drive. In Victorian times, it is not likely that anyone would have been driving a dog cart in London - this is a country vehicle and not suitable for town driving. If a horse broke into a gallop in Victorian London, they would have been arrested - never mind any accident - because it is (still) an offence to 'drive furiously', punishable by up to 6 months in prison and a hefty fine. Please don't curl up and die over these comments - I am not trying to be horrible, because your actual writing is very good, just please get your facts right if you are going to write about how someone learned to do something.
Pips Inkwell chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
His was great. I love the language you use, very authentic and full of humour! Holmes is a crafty devil, I think he did this just to spend more time with Watson, and Watson has the patience of a saint!
anonymous chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
I agree with Watson - Holmes truly is the greatest honker ever, isn't he? This really made me smile - thank you!
wlk68 chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
I'm thinking it was Holmes' plan to get Watson to drive all along. Crafty. ;-)