Reviews for he's still left with his hands
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
Awww, poor Stefan. So confused is the boy. Catch ya on the flip side.
Lady September chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
I haven't had the time to review fanfiction in forever, so I apologize that this is a little late. I actually read this piece shortly after you published it, and have reread it a couple of times since because it's great. So here goes:

Seriously, from the moment you mentioned Richard Siken I was a goner. I'm a big big fan of him. He's one of the only poets I read where I love everything he's written. It's heartbreaking but honest poetry.

As for the story, I love it.

The beginning is amazing, Stefan telling himself that he'll do it right this time, that he won't mess up like he does every time.

THIS: (Damon is the exception—always the exception.)

Because he is. We see it over and over again on the show, how Stefan always makes an exception for his brother, but no one else really, except:

(Elena is the other exception—will always be an exception now.)

Urgh, feelings. It's so brilliantly put here. And there's a lot of back-and-forth considering the differences and the alikeness of Katherine and Elena, which I really loved. I'm always up for a good comparison between doppelgangers, seriously. Because the way the show's going they're practically making Elena into Katherine, but at the same time, they're so completely different characters.

It's a little strange, maybe, but I'm very fascinated by the Stefan/Katherine/Damon triangle back in 1864. You've written them exactly like they play out in my head.

Oh, and the end. That's just brilliant.

Favorite part?

I love all of it, but if I had to choose, it's a tie between the, "But Damon makes her Katherine," paragraphs, and the last one, because I just love love love that ending where the last sentence breaks off as he's starting over.

As always, you're a wonderful writer.
S.E. Carrigan chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Um. Um um. Tragic tragic Stefan. Boom. This broke my heart and there's no TVD to fix me. Daww...
S.E. Carrigan chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Kathey27 chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
You used Richard Siken. Richard Siken. That alone is enough to convince me that you're awesome.

This whole thing is beautiful and so greatly crafted and I think it shows their relationship (all of theirs) so well. The ending is phenomenal and the part where Stefan is saving Elena is exactly what I can see him thinking when he did. This is extremely well written and I honestly cannot express how much I love this.

Great, great job and I love your writing.

- kathey
AngelisIgniRelucent chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
wow! this captures the essence of their twisted relationships so wonderfully ... i honestly don't know how you can do that with so few words, but you do, and it's phenomenal!