Reviews for A Different Way Forward
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 4/9
Oh, yes, Lucky will do just fine. As long as he can find a big enough refrigerator when he needs one!
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 2/21
Frankly, I'm with Darcy on the taser. But Thor finally did calm down and actually *thought* for a moment what his poor impulse control meant for ruling the kingdom.
OHMYGOOOD PLS UPDATE THIS ONE
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 1/14
And I see that Laufey had no idea hir child lived; I'm sure Frigga can whip out the baby pictures and talk all day if need be, and Laufey will listen.

I'm glad that Loki and Sif made it to safety, more or less.
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 1/10
Oh, my. So Lofi/Loki was not expected to survive, given that his bearer perished (not going into Frost Giant biology here). And so Loki survived, and changed to fit hir surroundings.

Laufey comes off extremely well here, and thanks for showing his point of view.
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 1/10
Oh, what a lovely chapter! It's good for Loki to see how much he is loved right before he has to leave.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 12/29/2014
Oh, yes, Loki is learning about how the castle *really* works-and about how people work, too.

I'd still check the food, of course, before I ate it. You never know.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 12/12/2014
Excellent chapter. Yes, Loki is still threatened by others while he's in Asgard-but he still has friends, too. He doesn't have to face this all alone.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 11/17/2014
Extremely good chapter-Loki is learning about pranking and consequences, and discovering that people outside the family don't always hate him, so he doesn't need to shield himself from them. Ok, the heat of a spit isn't his thing...
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 11/10/2014
Very good chapter. I like the bit about found object warfare; that's one reason I have always admired Jackie Chan-watching him helps you stretch the definition of 'weapon' and then some.

And yes, Loki needs to be seen being helpful, and with Odin's open approval, or it won't work at all. Let's hope that Odin sees reason on this one.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 11/1/2014
Frigga knows how to get Loki's attention, all right; and really knows how to mother him when he needs it the most, though he'll never admit it.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 10/22/2014
Yes, there's been something different from Loki from the beginning, and he's been aware of it all along, and so have all the others. At least now it's coming out into the open and they are actually talking about it.

Perhaps there will be more reform than the All-Father thinks here.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 10/18/2014
Oh, man! Loki would rather wrestle the Midgard Serpent and be bitten a couple of times than be treated like a child in this way.

And I think Sif would volunteer to go help.

Alas for them both, Odin has other ideas.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 10/18/2014
So, Loki has made his confession and the world did not end. And Odin realizes that even he can err (and he did, by promising to crown Thor while he was still being an idiot-this Odin realizes that now, I think).
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/18/2014
Yes. This is how it should have happened. And I'm very glad you wrote this bright beginning to what, I suspect, will be a great deal of change.