Reviews for To Leslie, Who Opened My Eyes
Leslieisawesome chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
I really like this!
ThePadfootPretender chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
I love that they dedicate it to her, very sad but sweet at the same time!
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Awwwww. So sweet.

I cried buckets when my class watched that movie. Most of us did. So I think it's good you kept it canon.
Firelord Lionheart chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
Not bad. I like that Jesse and Maybelle are still really close and that he dedicated his and Maybelle's work to Leslie but what caught my eye was the note at the end. Why would reviewers be mad that you kept Leslie dead? She died in the book. Her death and Jesse's dealing with the grief was one of the most important parts of the story. Wait...don't tell me there's a trend of resurrecting Leslie like there was with Dumbledore after Harry Potter 6 was released.
Terahlyanwe chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
Yes, always keep Leslie dead. I'm not always for the canon things, but I've never run across a Leslie's-alive-story that actually worked. I love Jess's dedication; it was perfect.

How exactly did you balance whimsy and character originality with also 15 years worth of character development and aging? You did it well. Bravo! :)
Sapphire1719 chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
So beautiful
saffiremoon21 chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
This is a lovely way to show the effect that Leslie had on Jesse's life, without him being overly dramatic or angsty about it.

It's very touching without getting overly sappy.

I also quite like the small detail you included about guns not being allowed in the mural; it makes it more authentic!
justemby chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Aw :) This was so pretty. It was a nice mixture of love for Leslie and his love of art. Good job

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
FantasyFanGirl101 chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
This was a very good story almost made my cry ;). But I would also like to point out that even though the character is not mentioned, with Maybelles boyfriend Robert Thompson. The thing is Robert Thompson is a real person he is child killer who killer a 2 year old toddler in 1992 when he was just 10 years old. Im sorry but its weird for me to think that Maybelle would date a killer. SORRY FOR SAYING THIS BUT IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME JUST GO ON GOOGLE AND TYPE IN JAMES BULGER.
Hisa-Ai chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
God, that made me cry! It was just so beautiful there at the end. I always cry whenever I'm watching the movie or reading the book, it's one of those rare books that manages to touch me no matter how many times I've read it. Same with the movie. And this fic... It made me cry, it was just... Amazing. I really do love it; you did such a good job with this. At first, I didn't think I was going to like any of the BtT fics out there, and then I go and read this one first and my hopes are set really high for all the others I read now...

Anyway, really amazing job; I love love LOVE it! Keep writing! And keep up the good work!

Always,