Reviews for The Listener
Witty Eagle Proud Ravenclaw chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
I've read this a few times, and it never fails to knock me down. The way you fleshed Rose Zeller was brill, and I'm with you - a secondary character can take over. I think all HP fanfic authors have this need to flesh out 'minor charries'. I could tell what Gabrielle's emotions were straight off the bat. The second-to-last line 'the listener when no one else thought Gabrielle Delacour even had a voice' is a definite highlight.
Morghen chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
I wasn't totally sure how I would like this pairing because I really seem to like Gab/Oliver, but I was pleasantly surprised! I thought these two work fabulously together, though I would have to read some more with them to decided whether or not I like them more than Gab/Oliver.

_

As the other reviews said, I think the most impressive part of this story is how you took two minor undeveloped characters and developed them thoroughly and brilliantly! I mean, I don't even remember where or when Rose was mentioned in the books, but now it feels as though she really was part of the series. I loved how you characterized her, too. She was a Hufflepuff, but still strong, which isn't usually seen in Hufflepuffs in the series.

The relationship between Gabrielle and Fleur was interesting as well. I always seem to picture them close, but there was definitely some tension between them in this fic which I think is more realistic than having them be extremely close. I liked how Fleur didn't approve of Rose and didn't want Victoire to call her aunt. I mean, it made Fleur look like a bitch, but thinking back on the books it was really something I could picture her doing.

"getting you to come two yeairs in a row was a fluke. But troi?""

there should be a "s" at the end of trois. :)

But anyway, this was great! I really hope to read for fics for them!

:D

-Morghen
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Oh wow, this is amazing! I love the new pairing, first of all - Gabrielle and Rose are definitely minor characters that we know next to nothing about, and yet you've managed to give them both personalities and put them in a relationship. I love how it progresses over the course of seven years, and you really show how the girls' relationship changes throughout that time. It's also really interesting and original how most of the little moments, with the exception of a few, take place on the Battle of Hogwarts memorial day. They fit so well together, also, and overall I love how you set it up. It's also awesome how Victoire and Dom's middle names are Apolline and Gabrielle, respectively, because that's exactly what I use too, lol. Wonderful job, mew, I loved this!
Lavinia Swire chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
This is my new favourite pairing – the personality you created for Rose was great, considering how she’s only a name in the books. I love how you wrote Gabrielle and her attitude to the memorial at the beginning, and how Gabrielle and Rose’s relationship developed so gradually and realistically. It was really nice how you used the same event over the years, and I adored the ending! I really hope you write more for these two :3