Reviews for Aphelion
E J ect chapter 16 . 4/18/2013
It all makes so much sense, unlike so many other things I've read. When I read, it all becomes so real, like a movie, but in softer, blurrier lines than the real people.
scythe195 chapter 16 . 4/17/2013
Awesome story!
sharpestsatire chapter 16 . 4/17/2013
The plot thickens. I can practically hear it and it makes me happy. I can't WAIT to see what happens next! Your set up is lovely!

Hope your editing goes well. :)
Lionhearted21 chapter 16 . 4/17/2013
This story is fantastic! I love how complex the relationship between Hermione &Loki is; it's all the more real for it. And while I'm a little sad at how despondent Hermione has become since the war, I'm enjoying every twist, turn, and new character that comes Hermione's way. Can't wait to read more!
Elizabeth chapter 16 . 4/15/2013
Does Loki already have Harry under his control? Will one of the reasons he chose Harry instead of Ron be so he can have Harry give him his deathly hallow? After all Loki does want Hermione to have all three. Is the elder wand somehow loyal to Hermione? I cant see her trusting a wand that would be easy to turn against her. Also in the book Harry was killed by the elder wand so should that have made Tom the real owner of the wand? Or because Harry had the stone did that give him the wands loyalty? And since Hermione has the wand and stone the wand is loyal to her now?

Also will the next chapter be in Loki pov? So we can understand his game plan a little? What is Loki thinking when he coming in? Will Tony break orders and go get Loki himself? During this Hermione gets to know Bruce better? Surpising each other how smart they are? Will he ask Hermione for a magic answer to the other guy? Will Hermione vanish for a second to Bruce and come back with a calming potion? Will she explain it would make the other disappear, but can be use to keep him at bay when Bruce feels him fighting for control? Please update soon! Also will Thor say something like how low it was for Loki to play with the young woman Hermione heart? I think he would care for Hermione if only because of Jane and he has had a year to recover from ising her on Asguard. Also he think it might be his duty to look after her since look got her involed. Cant wait for chapter 17.
Elizabeth chapter 16 . 4/14/2013
I have already posted the first part of this review in your story from Harry's pov. But, I am posting here so you might really consider doing another oneshot to answer those questions. And post chapter 17 of this story soon to answer the others.

Could you redo this from Loki pov? What does he think of Ron, Harry, and Krum? Remember Krum meets or sees Hermione in the library. Would Hermione read some books that she doesnt want Loki to see in other parts of the library or when knows that Harry might coming looking for his only best friend?

What did Loki meet by teaching her to swim? How to breath underwater or something? How would he feel about Hermione not showing up to a meeting with him, called by Albus, and finding her bespelled? Would Loki be mad that Harry doesnt consider Hermione his greatest friend after all she done for him? How will he feel about her being the new ant, Krum, greatest treasure? Or when he ask Hermione to spend the summer with him? Will he also see him ask Hermione to the ball? I would love to know what is going though that gods mind.

Also the Yule ball from Loki's pov. would be great to. I wonder if he heard what Ron said to Hermione?

Also does Thor know Hermione has the knife and is the reason the warrior three and Sif were able to get to him? And when Thor has that talk with his brother will he ask about Hermione? Will Loki respond to him? Will Hermione be able to use her eye for magic to tell fake Lokis from the real one? Will Thor tell Hermione that his mother miss her and that she is allowed to visit? Will Thor say that Hermione is his little sister since his mother claimed her as a daugther on Asgaurd?

And why can I see Tony making some remark about Hermione looks and brain when he confronts Loki? Also will Hermione be able to stun the Hulk? Magic has worked on the Hulk in tv series and comics. Stun him and force a calmming potion down his thoart? Also I think Hermione will pick up her little beaded bag to keep and potions or anything else they might need in there. Please let her pull her laptop or something like that from the little bag to the shock faces of Stark and Bruce. Also while they trace the radtion from the spear will Hermione start tracing the magic? Please update soon
Nyos chapter 16 . 4/14/2013
This is wonderfully engrossing. I just hope that the ending isn't a tragic one.
wasureneba chapter 16 . 4/10/2013
I hope we get to see a bit of how Hermione integrates into the Avengers! That's got to be an interesting process.

(I haven't reviewed anything else on this yet-but oh my, I love this story, and I am waiting on tenterhooks for updates. :))
im.awsm chapter 16 . 4/9/2013
I love the last line! Awesome chapter! I love how she tries to explain Loki's character to them and how she was emotional but trying to keep herself together. Love it!
Booklover9477 chapter 16 . 4/9/2013
Awesome chapter! Woohoo, she's finally met the avengers yes! I like the interactions between Hermione and the crew. I'm really excited to see how they're all gonna work together, and when they meet Loki again. Keep up the fantastic work! Can't wait to read more! Until next time, Laila :k
TheFictionFairy chapter 16 . 4/9/2013
Woohoo! I absolutely ADORE how you're changing canon in a way that is both wonderfully original and fluidly plausible from the standpoint of all the brilliant character development you've built up. You manage to make a familiar plot very interesting and rewarding by twisting it just enough to keep us guessing, but also treating us to winks back to the original. Bravo.

I really appreciate how professionally and pragmatically you've characterized SHIELD - and Fury in particular. Too often they're portrayed as either too naive - trusting in the goodwill of the heroes they recruit - or too cynical and paranoid, unwilling to utilize the resources presented to them due to a lack of trust. You've managed to find a good medium, and I applaud you for it. I do have to ask, though, why they're not sending assigning Hermione to the retrieval team? As far as they know, she's the only asset they've got access to that has shown any ability whatsoever to stand toe-to-toe with Loki and even manage to stall him. I understand that they might not trust her in the field with him, given their history, but it seems like they would at least want the ability to fight him off magically to be readily available in such a situation. And where is the Ministry (British or American) in all of this? I understand that SHIELD probably doesn't trust them, but the possibility of global catastrophe might warrant some inter-agency cooperation, no?

Sidebar: was there a hint that Natasha might be an Occlumens, or is she just that good at picking up on when people are trying to read her non-magically, and it has enough similarity to Legilimency for it to trip her alarms? Or has she actually had experience with someone trying to magically read her mind before? Or am I crazy and making things up? I mean, come to think of it, her back story in the MCU is only vaguely hinted at, and the workings of the wizarding world within the USSR is something that I would find fascinating, but now is probably not the time.

Hermione is GREAT - it's so refreshing to see a protagonist who actually takes professionalism into account (unlike sass-masters like Tony Stark or people that are just out of their depth like Bruce Banner and Thor or even Jane Foster), and I really liked that Hermione felt that she needed to push herself to live up to the cold professional environment of SHIELD. It makes it even better that she's clinging to this cold ideal because otherwise, she'd probably have a Loki-related breakdown, so that's entertaining and horrible. Of course, I'm also looking forward to how she'll have to react when she's in an ostensibly professional environment but still has to deal with Stark, Banner, and Foster all at once, which will probably drive her far too close to cracking emotionally.

I'm also very interested to see Tony Stark (and, to a lesser extent, Bruce Banner) try to poke around and quantify her magic. I can totally see Tony getting jealous that he's not a wizard and being interested in finding ways for people without natural talent to tap into that kind of energy; I can see Bruce maybe wanting to explore a magical solution to the problem of the Other Guy? And it would be really interesting to see Steve try to reconcile all of these disparate cosmologies, given his line about religion in the movie.

Come to think of it, for all the talk of Thor being a recurring fixture on earth throughout the intervening year in the last chapter, and the mention of Hermione's continued wariness of him, we still haven't seen them properly interact beyond their rather suspicious, abrupt confrontation on Asgard. I'm a bit confused as to how that got smoothed over? I can understand Hermione's reluctance, but one would think that Thor would be curious about her and would seek to learn more about Loki through her. Has she been avoiding him, or is he not aware that Jane's friend was also Loki's friend, and is the same woman he saw on Asgard? I can smell a confrontation brewing there, but I'm still a bit unclear about the context.

On a broader scale, I actually really want to see how Hermione interacts with the rest of the team, given that one of the major themes of the movie is forming bonds in adversity and creating a cohesive, effective whole out of many ill-fitting parts by forcing many of them to get over their own egos and neuroses. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Hermione - who has had her trust broken again and again and has withdrawn almost completely from any truly intimate personal connection - reacts to this sort of thing.

Basically: I love your writing and I can't wait to read more of this story! Please update soon!
TheFictionFairy chapter 15 . 4/9/2013
Everything is exciting and wonderful! I just love how you manage to infuse your battle scenes with so much raw emotion. And I really like the way that SHIELD has integrated its knowledge of magic into its general workings, and Hermione's relationship to the agency is great. I would be curious to see the Ministry side of things, considering just how low their expectations of muggle technology were, but I can understand that it probably wouldn't fit efficiently into this story.
TheFictionFairy chapter 14 . 4/8/2013
AAAH OH MY GOD THIS WAS SO EPIC. It was AMAZING. The battle was a perfect blend of edgy action and emotionally-wrought heartbreak and confusion and I LOVED IT. I also really, really LOVED how you managed to change canon in a way that felt natural, fluid, and plausible throughout. Bravo. Wonderful work. You are a genius.
TheFictionFairy chapter 13 . 4/8/2013
This whole chapter was brilliant. I loved the interactions with Sif - I hope we get to see more of Hermione interacting with Asgardians other than Loki. I also really appreciated that Loki's influence is showing - she's adopting his plans while thinking it was all her idea, but it's all mixed up with what he helped essentially raise her to be, and it's great. I also really liked the whole transformation sequence - the imagery was so vivacious and wonderful!
TheFictionFairy chapter 12 . 4/8/2013
Ooooh, this whole thing is very exciting. Everything was excellent - aside from everything Loki/Hermione related (all of which I utterly ADORE), seeing Hermione interact with the Warriors Three and Sif was a treat. At first I was a bit puzzled about how they treated her, but then I realized that as a) a human, b) a woman, and c) a witch, they would probably see her as silly and naive, with "party tricks", like an entertaining pet that you can toy around with and have sex with without feeling guilty, because they should feel honored you even deigned to notice. It was strange and slightly uncomfortable and wonderfully done, as always.
672 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »