Reviews for Aphelion
xKrysx chapter 4 . 6/25/2012
I just discovered this and this is so beautifully written! No, it is not melodramatic, and no, it's definitely not overdone.

I love the characterisations of your Loki and your Hermione. I love how you write the both of them and their vulnerabilities, especially Loki's. Both of them are such complex characters that the depth that you have given to them - it's beautiful.

I love this so much.

Thank you for writing, dear, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the next chapter. 3
Phoenix Falconer chapter 4 . 6/24/2012
so unfortunately I'm feeling quite ill right now, so this review will not be as long as my usual ones.

Nevertheless, I would feel ungrateful if I did not leave some sort of review...

So-

HOLY SHIZ. That was amazing. I love the dynamics between Loki and Hermione. I love how Loki is portrayed in Thor's shadow, seeking out learning. I love Hermione's reaction to his full Asgardian armor. And I love Loki's speech-that he sees the potential for her as a goddess.

please update soon-

xoxo

Phoenix
Amanda chapter 4 . 6/23/2012
It can be infuriating and maddening when you critique your own work. You can see something wrong with it, and it takes time to make it perfect in your own standards.

...

I don't believe there is anything wrong about this chapter. There may be a lot of "fluff" in the chapter, but I believe it is necessary. His sense of urgency, and excitement when he is speaking with Hermione in the end shows how he is changing mentally... how desperate he is to act out and prove everyone's perception of him is wrong. He is changing, and this is only a small taste of what is to come in the future.
Growl Snarl chapter 4 . 6/23/2012
Everything I never knew I always wanted!

So exciting. I can't wait to see how this all plays out.
quietest chapter 4 . 6/21/2012
Ohh. :'( The connection bit between her and him is more than a little heartbreaking. Both of them are painfully aware of Hermione's mortality, and as excited as Loki seems, you know, as the reader, that of course nothing is going to happen as perfectly as he is suggesting because things are about to go to hell in a handbasket. There is a lot of subtext here that I know I'm missing, but I'm happy to wait to see how things are resolved.

This story is amazing, and it's always awesome to see an author so intent on finessing their story. :) Loki's characterization feels spot-on to me, and I love the subtle ways Hermione's character is changing because of her friendship with him.

Quick question: in chapter two, Hermione seems to think of Loki by name before he tells her what his name is. "She had almost managed to set it all aside and place thoughts of Loki firmly in the realm of recreational daydreaming when ..."

Not sure if this is a typo or if I'm just missing something, but it struck me as a little odd.

Keep being awesome!

-q
Shianelle chapter 4 . 6/21/2012
*heart*

I adore the relationship between Hermione and Loki. The way you write them is exquisite. So raw and deep and thrillingly tense.

The thought of Hermione by Loki's side forever is a beautiful image. I cannot wait to see where you take this story in the future; but that one thought, of Loki and Hermione, (his mortal, his secret, his anchor and fire and spirit and home), is always going to stay with me and make my heart beat double fast.

Hugs,

Shi-koi

*heart*
Lobeira chapter 4 . 6/20/2012
Oh this chapter was brilliant! You really conveyed the serious issues underneath the cheerful fluff and during Loki's rant about turning Hermione into a goddess I was cringing. On one hand, it'd probably be amazing to live beside him and be best friends forever, but these slivers of darkness and uncertainty you weave into Loki's character makes me reluctant to trust him fully.

And then I wince when I imagine how he might respond if Hermione were to ever refuse his offer at deifying her. I can't wait to read the next chapter though! I am loving the interaction between the two and I can't wait until Hermione is past her Seventh Year and Loki is all Avengerized.
KDCervantes chapter 4 . 6/20/2012
you've got me hooked. I like this story a LOT. Too much actually. So you'd better update soon because if you don't I'll go completely nuts and nag you about it. I like this intimate connection (that's not entirely romantic) Loki and Hermione have here. It's... awe some (not Awesome, just Awe Some.)Your fanfic is very well written and well, it's just great.
Enicia24 chapter 4 . 6/20/2012
First off, this is beautifully well written. Secondly, I think what's off is that it has only been from Hermione's perspective thus far. She has this half amazing half terrifying (like much of the best things in life) connection to a being that her parents probably taught her is nothing but an old story told to explain nature before modern science. I think it's that your Hermione feels that she knows Loki, but there is still that doubt that stems from what was probably years of lying, self deprication, backstabbing, and being told she wasn't good enough by her peers that can't help but pop up and ask "But do you really know this or is it just another mask better than the last that he has put up? Is he tricking you? Taking advantage of you?"

I belive part of the reason that Loki and Hermione would get on so well and do so in your fic is that they both have doubts and uncertainties about themselves brought on by year of being diffrent from everyone around them.

I am realy looking forward to the next part and I think banner is very nice.
Elelith chapter 4 . 6/20/2012
Interesting, I usually ike Harry as a protagonist but this is well done...
Yellow-Spider chapter 4 . 6/20/2012
I absolutely love it! Please update! Usually I don't like the whole 'main character falls in love with Loki' fics, but this is just amazing!
DGfleetfox chapter 4 . 6/20/2012
Besides the first chapter, this one was the best yet in my opinion. It was very beautiful, you have talent. I don't see what had you so torn up about it, but I guess writers always think they can do more than what they did, add something, tweak something, remove something, and so on. I enjoyed Loki coming out of his shell more here :) Love that guy - seriously. I was wondering, as I'm not sure whether you ever specified... do you intend for Hermione to end up with Loki - like romantically? Or is that something you wouldn't share? :) It's cool that you have so much written already, lots to look forward to I gather - and especially so that it goes along with Thor and Avengers - it'll be interesting to see how Hermione is incorporated into all of that. Oh, one more thing, so her hair is permanently fixed to be curly instead of her usual bush? If that is the case... THANK YOU SO MUCH! No offense to Hermione but.. her total disregard to how she looks is really very aggravating. It's not vain to want to look good. She seems to think herself (at least in canon, fics, and whatnot) above girls that use beauty products - that because she's smart and cares about knowledge, who cares about silly things like one's appearance. I think it's very self-delusional. Someone needs to introduce Hermione to Clinton and Stacy - What Not to Wear, her they better come! Lol. Wow, can I go on or what? Anyway, yeah so please let her care about her appearance more, when you look good you feel good, there's nothing wrong with that - WORD!
sarhea chapter 4 . 6/19/2012
Love the artwork. And the fic.

Hermione is my favourite HP character for crossovers, the more UC/rarer the better and being paired with Loki is definitely the better.

I like her with anti-heros. They have more 'real' depth and character.

Can't wait to read where you're taking them.

-Sarhea
SpaceHead3 chapter 4 . 6/19/2012
This is a seriously awesome story! It's so compelling and like you mentioned in the story, has the archetype of the mortal girl and the god. I'm looking forward to your updates!
st3phk chapter 4 . 6/19/2012
Really enjoyed the fluff in this chapter!

You're such a good writer and I'm already in love with this story!

Can't wait to read the next chapters:)

Steph x