Reviews for Old Acquaintances
sparkles321 chapter 7 . 2/21
Please update. :'(
Abigail chapter 6 . 9/21/2013
MY SHIP. I'm still really excited about Sally and Leroy being a couple. I've been waiting for it since I was six.
Anywho, I really enjoyed this story and I would absolutely love if you updated. There was a lot of evolution in the characters and a lot more adult, darker themes blended in, which I think is pretty awesome, showing the loss of innocence and the cast (especially Leroy)'s maturity.
Thanks so much for this, just please continue. I'm looking forward to reading more of your take on Encylopedia Brown.
sparkles321 chapter 5 . 9/21/2013
Cobra' s aren't native to the US! :) you're an awesome writer, so glad u finally updated!
Skye Eagle chapter 6 . 8/28/2013
Please add more
sparkles321 chapter 3 . 6/8/2013
Oh, this is so good! I love encyclopedia brown. Thanks for writing this!
MacLeaper chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
Wow! As a fan of the Encyclopedia Brown series who has read all the books in the series (though I'm still collecting some of the spinoff titles here and there)- this was very fun to read. It was interesting to see the characters as teenagers too. I was put off a little by Encyclopedia's rudeness to his parents, but I also thought it was fitting as some of Leroy's teenage rebellion. I'm quite interested to see how this progresses. I also appreciate seeing some of the recurring characters like Charlie Stewart show up- and it's really interesting to see how his teeth collection hobby has morphed into something a lot more gruesome, yet still conceivable.
It's also nice to see Bugs Meany trying to shake his bad boy image and it's fun to see Leroy and Sally as a couple. However, though I know you stated in the last chapter that things were meant to be left ambiguous, I do feel Charlie Stewart and Bugs Meany having any kind of a relationship would be out of character and probably not something Mr. Sobol would approve of. Of course, since this is an alternate universe based on the original books, it is of course your story and is certainly a possibility. In any case, the whole thing has been interesting to read.
(And just as a friendly suggestion- you may want to consider changing the rating though, as Charlie's hobby and the sexual innuendo at the end of the last chapter as well as the violence of a murder case, may not sit well with many parents and children.)
The writing is quite well done overall. Good job.
poniesandfun chapter 3 . 11/10/2012
This is such a lovely written story! Wilford Wiggins is always the bad guy, tricking young and unsuspecting kids to pay money. I loved how you made him the "good guy" and Sally Encyclopedia's boyfriend.
rookanga chapter 4 . 10/16/2012
Great story. Good mystery leaves me feeling uncertain, and yours does! Most Encyclopedia Brown stories are too short to make me feel that way.
CurrentCurrant chapter 4 . 10/4/2012
Considering all the one-off characters, that is one LONG list. The chapter is lovely (lol at Tigers: Minus One). Nice to see it isn't always Bugs.

I wonder when Pablo will show up? He's my favorite minor character. Probably because Encyclopedia doesn't like him, but still. Artists rule.
Mysterious and more chapter 3 . 9/28/2012
Great story, can't wait for the next update, and to find out who murdered Wilford Wiggins
Troubled Romanti chapter 3 . 9/26/2012
"Why is it always the second chapter?" This this this this this this. Brilliant, hilarious, so great. Thank you for updating and I will continue to read this story!
Gratis awesome chapter 2 . 9/24/2012
Oh my god...this is the best story I've ever read on fanfiction, mostly because there is finally some Sally and Encyclopedia one :)
Anonymous chapter 2 . 9/24/2012
WRITE MORE THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME PLEASE WRITE MORE
Hecamagic chapter 2 . 9/25/2012
hey! I was wondering when would you update this...
Wheatbread chapter 2 . 9/20/2012
Wow, great work so far! I love the idea of having Encyclopedia Brown older and more experienced. We need more stories in this category like this.